ADVERTISEMENT

SWAIN AT ROBBINSVILLE! SMC TITLE AND A GREAT SEED FOR THE PLAYOFFS!

You played Cherokee….. let’s also remember this is the first “meaningful” game this Swain group will have played in as high schoolers. Hopefully the moment won’t be too big for them. Before you Swain posters get your feathers ruffled, meaningful as in SMC title and 1 seed implications.

That’s a huge win for RG. Providence Day is loaded.
PD struggled with the size of the RG linemen on both sides of the ball. RG had a lot third and three type of conversions plus a fourth and three for a TD.

PD qb got cracked on the second possession. Not sure if it was him or protection questions but they did not push the vertical game as extensively as I expected.

I looked at Providence Day's schedule and I came to a slightly different view. They may have a lot of recruited players but they might not have deserved the lofty rankings. Look at all the "other" private schools they have played. I was not overwhelmed.

Sometimes a lot of individual "great" players do not equal a GREAT Team. Especially when they are under heavy fire.

After seeing both teams play, it’s really hard to say. I do expect a great game. If the Andrews vs Hayesville game was going to be a blowout I would go to the big Oaks instead. But looks like both Hayesville and Andrews will have their hands full.

Been watching these SMC threads all year and have not seen either team play. I have seen some highlight film and looking at recent history and seeing Swain last year in the playoffs (understandable they are a different team), I am going with RVille in a close physical game. Best of luck to both teams this week and in November.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Swain has better linemen
Rville has better skill players
Swain has beat teams that had better skill players this year
Rville has beat teams that had better linemen this year
It’s going to be a good one

Swain has better linemen
Rville has better skill players
Swain has beat teams that had better skill players this year
Rville has beat teams that had better linemen this year
It’s going to be a good one
I feel Swain Skill players are pretty even with Robbinsville, #3 is the leading rusher in conference, 13 hasn't played offense till the 3rd quarter of the Haynesville game but could had produce 1200 to 1500 this season and # 5 at QB has manage the game really well and able to make adjustment at the line. Swain only missing a big FB which Robbinsville has and big game experience.

Last edited:
Swain may win but they will have to do it running. Rville will load the box on D.
Swain has a 35% completion rate for low yds.
Rville has near 1,000 yds passing.
It should be a good one

Swain may win but they will have to do it running. Rville will load the box on D.
Swain has a 35% completion rate for low yds.
Rville has near 1,000 yds passing.
It should be a good one
Like everyone else has done this season. That's why we went to the T and Wishbone, once someone breaks to the second level nobody is left. Check the powerful Murphy game. Same thing over and over this season and yet Swain is rolling your way at 9-0! Should be a good one.

Like everyone else has done this season. That's why we went to the T and Wishbone, once someone breaks to the second level nobody is left. Check the powerful Murphy game. Same thing over and over this season and yet Swain is rolling your way at 9-0! Should be a good one.
The only thing I will say about that is that Murphy’s 2nd level tackling is about average. Robbinsville will be able to tackle at the 2nd level.

Well I gather everyone we played are just "average", oh well we'll let the kids decided this one. Should be a good one!
No sir. Not what I’m saying at all. You noted the Murphy game. There was a Murphy poster saying himself on another thread that they didn’t have the tackling at the second level.

I honestly have no idea on this game. Teams are very similar with the main differences being Swain being better up front and us being better throwing the ball. Typically, id go with the team stronger in the trenches. However, our ability to throw exploits their only weakness on defense. So i cant decide. Ill play capt obvious and say the team who holds on to the ball and doesnt commit dumb penalties wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT