ADVERTISEMENT

SW Edgecombe 3-0 @ Tarboro (1A) 3-0

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
"Due to inclement weather, we will postpone the Tarboro vs. SouthWest Edgecombe Varsity football game to 8 p.m. If the rain persists, we will move the game to Saturday, September 14th @ 12 p.m."

Would love to have this played in the rain, just for football sake. Bitter rivals. Both undefeated. Kings of the county on the line. Played in the rain??? Sign me up! Football is better when there's mud on your uniforms.

Last edited:
Reactions: footballstar_17
I agree, even if it's a close loss. The game showed the team itself what it was made of last year. We had them on the ropes, but Tarboro adjusted in the second half and took the lead and kept it. Then SWE won 7 straight before losing in the 3rd Rd. 10-1 since since that game. I think we are a sure threat for the 3rd round again, at least. A win would definitely make me think that we're a top 3 team in the east.

Last edited:
It's still Northeastern and WRH as the top 2 IMO, and I'm pretty sure we would face one of them or fence straddling Reidsville before the 4th Rd somehow. Hard for me to count Whiteville or East Duplin out of the mix, and West Craven isn't gonna just sit back and concede. Still can't get me to say anything positive about Farmville Central, with their 3-0 record coming against 0-9 teams. I think Wilson Prep gives them all they can handle tonight. But I agree, with Clinton out of the mix, it's be fun to see who emerges from the east.

I'd say the top 2 right now are Northeastern and Whiteville. I'm not sold on WRH, even though they lost to bigger class schools, they got their ass drug. Green Central seems to have improved and West Craven is a strong threat too, conference wise.

It's still Northeastern and WRH as the top 2 IMO, and I'm pretty sure we would face one of them or fence straddling Reidsville before the 4th Rd somehow. Hard for me to count Whiteville or East Duplin out of the mix, and West Craven isn't gonna just sit back and concede. Still can't get me to say anything positive about Farmville Central, with their 3-0 record coming against 0-9 teams. I think Wilson Prep gives them all they can handle tonight. But I agree, with Clinton out of the mix, it's be fun to see who emerges from the east.
James Kenan back in the mix

6:50pm, and it's a downpour. No way their having this game tonight. Not for football's sake, but because too much money will be lost.
Well, maybe it's a little bit for football's sake, because "back in my day", games would be played in a downpour. But we have to protect the soft babies of today.

• Haha
Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
6:50pm, and it's a downpour. No way their having this game tonight. Not for football's sake, but because too much money will be lost.
Well, maybe it's a little bit for football's sake, because "back in my day", games would be played in a downpour. But we have to protect the soft babies of today.
I was hoping for either a Saturday night game or a Monday night game. It's pouring here now and while I do love me a rain game or snow game, in today's society you'd have a lot of people who wouldn't go. And we know that money talks.

Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
NFHS list it as tomorrow at noon.

I was hoping for either a Saturday night game or a Monday night game. It's pouring here now and while I do love me a rain game or snow game, in today's society you'd have a lot of people who wouldn't go. And we know that money talks.
Working with the railroad, I got the best rain gear made, but I'm not going to watch a regular season game in the rain. Prolly wouldn't go in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. I've spent too many cold rainy nights switching cars I guess. I absolutely hate being rained on. If I was playing, I'd be all for it though. And a Saturday night game would be awesome. Everybody off work to get hammered. I'd have the SWE crowd rockin..

They have to protect their gate money. Really it would be crazy to play in a pouring down rain with 50 parents in the stands.

They're protecting the gate money alright. $10 a pop lol.
I'd rather go see a good game than go to a movie theater. I believe you would too. It would cost about 50-60.00 to go to a movie for 2 and get in and get popcorn and drinks. So look at it that way. WE are getting the best bang for our buck! Football gear is terrible expensive now. Helmets around or above 500.00 each. I have no idea about the shoulder pads. Training equipment and weights. Maintaining the fields. In Craven County you don't get hardly anything from our lovely County Leaders. The past couple of years I have started making donations to our booster club for athletics. I get some tee shirts and 4 season passes to all sports. I intend to keep doing this each year as long as I'm blessed to do so. I'd encourage everyone here to do so at your school. I guarantee you they need it.

I'd rather go see a good game than go to a movie theater. I believe you would too. It would cost about 50-60.00 to go to a movie for 2 and get in and get popcorn and drinks. So look at it that way. WE are getting the best bang for our buck! Football gear is terrible expensive now. Helmets around or above 500.00 each. I have no idea about the shoulder pads. Training equipment and weights. Maintaining the fields. In Craven County you don't get hardly anything from our lovely County Leaders. The past couple of years I have started making donations to our booster club for athletics. I get some tee shirts and 4 season passes to all sports. I intend to keep doing this each year as long as I'm blessed to do so. I'd encourage everyone here to do so at your school. I guarantee you they need it.
Oh, I get it. It's a premium game and they know the stands are gonna be packed regardless, so upping the price for this one makes sense. Supply and demand, right? Or so I thought. 20 minutes until kickoff, and the stands are empty. More swe fans than home fans right now. I think a lot of people think it's still at 7pm.

Oh, I get it. It's a premium game and they know the stands are gonna be packed regardless, so upping the price for this one makes sense. Supply and demand, right? Or so I thought. 20 minutes until kickoff, and the stands are empty. More swe fans than home fans right now. I think a lot of people think it's still at 7pm.
Yea if they are not there now that don't sound good. Looks like you are not going to get wet. Good Luck!

15 minutes before kickoff, and the crowd is surprisingly sparse. They may think the game is later tonight. That's too bad. It is a beautiful day for a football game. I've never experienced a daytime high school game, but I must say it's a better atmosphere to me. Can clearly see everything on the field, it's not as cold as it would be at night, and the knuckleheads wouldn't dare so what they do in broad daylight. I'll be the team's scorer on MaxPreps tonight, if anyone wants to follow there.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
3 and our. Perfect pass on 3rd down, but receiver couldn't catch it. Punt downed at tar 19.

Second play, 35 yard run to the swe 40. Then hurry offense caught us off sides. Next play, 35 yard td run. Offsides on the XP allows them to go for 2.
SWE 0 Tar 8

Reactions: Otis4411
Well I was going to tell you to just enjoy the game I could follow on scorestream but they don't seem to have it either!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT