ADVERTISEMENT

Stuart Cramer Beats Lincolnton, Badly; Crosstown Rivals; and Thomasville

Lincolnton

Nov 19, 2002
This title is a little peculiar but so am I. Perhaps it’s the result of cerebral warping brought on by one thing or another over many decades, or only the ruminations of a frustrated fan. Still, here’s what I wanted to say:

Last night was the first time our Lincolnton Wolves played Stuart Cramer High. Usually, newer schools get their ears pinned back when playing older and more established teams, especially those who are traditionally good, but for us, it wasn’t to be. The Storm had its way all evening and sent us back home with a 40-7 loss.

We have a number of fundamental issues to remedy and hopefully it will get done but nevertheless keep your heads up, Wolves, and stay focused, I for one am proud of our team, no matter what, as much as we all hate to lose.

Speaking of Cramer's location, according to Siri, the distance from it to South Point is three miles by car or two miles as the crow flies. Surely it isn’t that close, but if it really is and It may take some time for Cramer to get to a South Point level of play, but if it could, this might be one of the premiere rivalries in North Carolina, much like Crest and Shelby, Scotland and Richmond, Tuscola and Pisgah or more recently Lincolnton and that other school down near the lake. There are lots of passionate fans on this site but none any more so than the Red Raider faithful and since Cramer is in that area, too, I wouldn’t have any reason to believe their followers would be any less dedicated.

I saw on the internet that Stuart Cramer, the school’s namesake, was a textile engineer who came to Gaston County from Thomasville, another connection to storied football.
The town of Cramerton was named for him in the early part of the twentieth century but since readers usually get bored with my quips on history I’ll leave it there, other than to say it’s remarkable how some peoples’ names’ live on, in one way or another. It sure won’t be forgotten any time soon, here. Congratulations to you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
This title is a little peculiar but so am I. Perhaps it’s the result of cerebral warping brought on by one thing or another over many decades, or only the ruminations of a frustrated fan. Still, here’s what I wanted to say:

Last night was the first time our Lincolnton Wolves played Stuart Cramer High. Usually, newer schools get their ears pinned back when playing older and more established teams, especially those who are traditionally good, but for us, it wasn’t to be. The Storm had its way all evening and sent us back home with a 40-7 loss.

We have a number of fundamental issues to remedy and hopefully it will get done but nevertheless keep your heads up, Wolves, and stay focused, I for one am proud of our team, no matter what, as much as we all hate to lose.

Speaking of Cramer's location, according to Siri, the distance from it to South Point is three miles by car or two miles as the crow flies. Surely it isn’t that close, but if it really is and It may take some time for Cramer to get to a South Point level of play, but if it could, this might be one of the premiere rivalries in North Carolina, much like Crest and Shelby, Scotland and Richmond, Tuscola and Pisgah or more recently Lincolnton and that other school down near the lake. There are lots of passionate fans on this site but none any more so than the Red Raider faithful and since Cramer is in that area, too, I wouldn’t have any reason to believe their followers would be any less dedicated.

I saw on the internet that Stuart Cramer, the school’s namesake, was a textile engineer who came to Gaston County from Thomasville, another connection to storied football.
The town of Cramerton was named for him in the early part of the twentieth century but since readers usually get bored with my quips on history I’ll leave it there, other than to say it’s remarkable how some peoples’ names’ live on, in one way or another. It sure won’t be forgotten any time soon, here. Congratulations to you guys.

Did you guys lose that much talent?

Lincolnton, You are right about the distance from SC to SP. Location of the SC makes no sense, but no need to re-hash that what is done is done. The majority of the SC students come from the Mt Holly side of East Gaston and Cramerton. That's the reason East Gaston has dropped from 4A to 2A, same for South Point dropping from 3A to 2A. I heard the orginal site for the new HS was going to be directly behind Mt Holly Middle School (old Mt Holly HS campus), but that didn't happen.

Cheerduck, we surely lost some talent. Hoping we'll be able to put things together.
Egfan, thanks for the information. Congratulations on the win against North, last night. I always pull for the Warriors.

Cheerduck, we surely lost some talent. Hoping we'll be able to put things together.
Egfan, thanks for the information. Congratulations on the win against North, last night. I always pull for the Warriors.
Mr. Cramer has a street named for him in Thomasville, Mr. Lincolnton. I'll do a little research. Maybe it will distract us from those beat downs we took last night.

Who was the guy that was on here that said he helped name the school? It was quit a few years ago

OC, that's a good idea. I hope we both don't have to get used to these losses.

Mopar, I think I remember the poster but cannot recall his screen name. I have heard stories about the old Cramerton High and the Mt.Holly Hawks playing good football.

Last edited:
I think the guys name was Chuck.... that claimed he help name SC. Also, Mt Holly HS was a terror in 2A football in the 60's, something like 7 conference championships and 2 Western Championships (back then they had Western and Eastern Champions). 1967 Mt Holly Team gave up 6 points in the regular season. At one time Cramerton HS was the smallest HS in NC playing 11 man football.

I think the guys name was Chuck.... that claimed he help name SC. Also, Mt Holly HS was a terror in 2A football in the 60's, something like 7 conference championships and 2 Western Championships (back then they had Western and Eastern Champions). 1967 Mt Holly Team gave up 6 points in the regular season. At one time Cramerton HS was the smallest HS in NC playing 11 man football.

I have a game film of that '67 Mt.Holly team as they played Glen Alpine in the 2nd round of the Western 2A playoffs at Cherryville High School. The Hawks scored with seconds remaining to win the game 26-20.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT