ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount

If you have time, join us Mt Airy Tailgaters. I will let you know where we will meet for our "away pre-game meal". Some where in Elkin/Jonesville.
Oh and by the way, last count of the Mt Airy portal transfers is somewhere close to 30. Some area high schoolers but most are reclassified Junior College Players. If you want more information just ask "MrKnowNothingButMakeItUpMAN".
All are 4.2 speed guys lifting at least 500 pounds with one hand and jumping tall buildings with a single bound.

Probably play twice this year if as good as advertised
Hope so. The Rams lost some starters(Juniors) from last year due to one thing or another which has been a set back but hopefully the younger guys can fill in. It sucks when you have such high hopes and they fall apart. 🤷

Hope so. The Rams lost some starters(Juniors) from last year due to one thing or another which has been a set back but hopefully the younger guys can fill in. It sucks when you have such high hopes and they fall apart. 🤷
Who did they lose man? That Collins kid he was a great looking kid. The running back I think number five.

Who did they lose man? That Collins kid he was a great looking kid. The running back I think number five.
As Deana said losing Calhoun. He went back to play with the other lineman that originally went there to play his freshman year. No the big guy never came back. There's about 3 others as well. Hard to keep everything together. Could've been one of the best teams in school history. I still think we will be really good but there's always a part that wonders what could've been.

Ok folks…we will see in a few months. Starmount will still return the majority of last year’s team plus some newcomers.

Offensively, they are going to be very tough with some very talented skill players and upfront. The emphasis has been on defense early and that what’s Coach Pardue is really good at.

Coach Lloyd started us back on track going 10-2. It was first 10 win season since we played WRH for the 1AA title in 2014.

Kids are working hard at the workouts. Expectations are high.

I know it's early but this matchup will be intriguing at the running back position. Billips(Starmount) vs Martin(Mt Airy). Both Jonesville running backs and most likely cousins. That's another what could've been. A Starmount backfield with both in it. Martin's dad played on the Rams 98' championship team.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I know it's early but this matchup will be intriguing at the running back position. Billips(Starmount) vs Martin(Mt Airy). Both Jonesville running backs and most likely cousins. That's another what could've been. A Starmount backfield with both in it. Martin's dad played on the Rams 98' championship team.
He did didn't he. Was he a linebacker? Is the coach at starting out now was he on that team? I think Starmount in anybody's biggest problem is going to be Martin. But it's also going to be the combination of the guy beside him. My nephew says he thinks they're going to be better than last year. I know they have almost 40 kids on the varsity two of them being sophomores. I'm not saying you pixel that in as a loss every week but you probably do until Thanksgiving

Shanlyn Martin was a fullback/linebacker on the 1998 team with current Rams HFC Josh Pardue, who was a tight end/defensive end.

This post is about Starmount and I’d like for the main focus to be on Starmount.

There are too many good threads that get hijacked to other topics.

Deana, I know that it's partially speculation(especially for the newcomers) at this point but how do you think this group of talent compares to years past?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT