ADVERTISEMENT

Spies at practice

But what is the state going to do? The NCHSAA doesn't have the legal authority to run the tag. So someone has to prove it was someone that works or coaches from Pisgah.

Not saying it's right, but good luck getting anything done about it.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Technically what can getting the plate do?
Let the Resource Officer have MPD run the tag and get a name and address. Contact said person and file charges according to the rules. It might only be banned from athletic events for a year but come on man. This is High School football not Bill and the Patriots ! Who is so dumb to do this especially with the tag of their home team on the front. I hope Murphy kicks their tales. You know you might have filmed a practice but can you stop it !!!

Reactions: PrepFanNC
God I hate the Pisgah program. The players were some of the worst I played against, and the fans and parents were the ugliest bunch of adults I've seen. I really can't stand any of stink city.

Reactions: mrbud
You might be hard pressed to get MPD to run the tag. There is a rule about about filming per NCHSAA but there is no law on the books about it so you can't charge said person for filming. The NCHSAA could do something but thats only if it's someone from Pisgah. No charges can be filed other than potentially trespassing but it's public property.

Come on don't yall have something more important to worry about?

I'll tell y'all, there is a former Pisgah player coaching at Andrews now. My guess it was him since Andrews does play y'all. Make damn sure you know what the heck your talking about before throwing stones.

God I hate the Pisgah program. The players were some of the worst I played against, and the fans and parents were the ugliest bunch of adults I've seen. I really can't stand any of stink city.
Good post pisgah fans are so ignorant
Everyone hates them.

I'll tell y'all, there is a former Pisgah player coaching at Andrews now. My guess it was him since Andrews does play y'all. Make damn sure you know what the heck your talking about before throwing stones.
Everyone knows how dirty your program is.

Reactions: 91ths
Of any schools practice to film Murphy? Just go back and watch film from any year ,we dont change.

Lol you beat me to it. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess - buck, trap, power, criss cross, waggle. Maybe a pass or two. Murphy's offense for the last few decades.

Reactions: PBBear51

Don't trash Andrews just because Pisgah's getting trashed. You're the one that needs to get your facts straight. Why would somebody coaching at one school have a tag and sticker from another school? BS

Cherokee kid, might wanna check to see whose on Andrews staff. You'll know why then. Not just any pisgah player, one of their best. That's why the tag and sticker. Besides that why in the hell would pisgah have to video? They have two previous games to look at. You said yourself Murphy hasn't changed anything they do in years.
Nice video 52. Love some Ozzie!

Last edited:
Cherokee kid, might wanna check to see whose on Andrews staff. You'll know why then. Not just any pisgah player, one of their best. That's why the tag and sticker. Besides that why in the hell would pisgah have to video? They have two previous games to look at. You said yourself Murphy hasn't changed anything they do in years.
Nice video 52. Love some Ozzie!

OK I'm gonna see if I can get a full list of their coaching staff. Otherwise - you got a name??? Still calling BS...

But yeah, why would anyone need film of Murphy - Pisgah or Andrews?

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Yall talking about charges and being illegal and yadda yadda yadda. What state statute addresses filming a high school football practice? Come on now. And the NCHSAA can't do anything either unless they can prove that the other team used what was filmed. Well, I don't even know if they can do anything then. It's not like practice is a secret. It's outside. And teams can view what other teams do any time they want. It's called watching film. Now, it's definitely low class and immoral if the opponent sent a guy to film the practice, but illegal? Heck no. Against NCHSAA rules? I don't know, but I can't see how when looking at other teams is just a click away.

Last edited:
Yall talking about charges and being illegal and yadda yadda yadda. What state statute addresses filming a high school football practice? Come on now. And the NCHSAA can't do anything either unless they can prove that the other team used what we filmed. Well, I don't even know if they can do anything then. It's not like practice is a secret. It's outside. And teams can view what other teams do any time they want. It's called watching film. Now, it's definitely low class and immoral if the opponent sent a guy to film the practice, but illegal? Heck no. Against NCHSAA rules? I don't know, but I can't see how when looking at other teams is just a click away.

People don't have anything better to do in their life other than fish for drama.

Cheokeekid, nevermind the pisgah player I'm thinking of is at Hayesville not Andrews.

Gotcha. Sorry I got snappy, just couldn't see another SMC coach doing this especially from the same county. I don't see a Pisgah coach being involved in this either.

People don't have anything better to do in their life other than fish for drama.
Pisgah wouldn’t send anyone to film a Murphy practice. That’s total BS! If we wanted film for this season, we would have gotten it from the Erwin scrimmage, and I know we didn’t have anyone filming there either.

Reactions: bud33345
You can film the SMC all you want. Even as a CHEROKEE fan I’ll still pick the SMC team by 3 scores. I don’t think y’all understand the SMC after all these years. It’s a f-*king blood bath of a season. Yes there are blow out games but if I could direct you to a video to watch it would be and old school drill on YouTube called bull in the ring. These mountain kids are hard nosed, put you butt in the dirt. Not saying it isn’t taught in other places, but living out here is remote. We don’t have Malls or Chic filas. I think Murphy might have a Walmart. But there is another life form out this way.

At practice today we had a man in a grey f 150 filming our practice ,he had a Pisgah tag on the front and a Pisgah window sticker in back window but claimed he was a high school football fan from Andrews, how low will some people go.and I believe that's illegal.

I believe it was mrbud trying to stir things up. That's the only thing he's good at.

Reactions: PBBear51
Really, the ugliest? That’s too damn funny. You do realize you are from Mitchell County? Spruce Pine and Bakersville definitely aren’t on anybody’s list of “the most beautiful people” in WNC

Gwytoli, have you been to Haywood county? I seen no malls here either. Our floida neighbors did put in a chick fil a last year tho. Shit there goes the neighborhood, we're all soft for eating Gods chicken.

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
You can film the SMC all you want. Even as a CHEROKEE fan I’ll still pick the SMC team by 3 scores. I don’t think y’all understand the SMC after all these years. It’s a f-*king blood bath of a season. Yes there are blow out games but if I could direct you to a video to watch it would be and old school drill on YouTube called bull in the ring. These mountain kids are hard nosed, put you butt in the dirt. Not saying it isn’t taught in other places, but living out here is remote. We don’t have Malls or Chic filas. I think Murphy might have a Walmart. But there is another life form out this way.

We don't have malls or a chick-fil-a either. Unlike the other teams around here, we are not afraid to play Murphy. Believe it or not, most of us have a lot of respect for coach Gentry and the Bulldogs. We will have more fans there than Cherokee does when they play them.

Mitchell mountie, shut up. Y'all can't even fix a good hot dog, or play football for that matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Another bunch of BS. Murphy has 3 times more restaurants and twice as many strip malls as Canton. I have been visiting Murphy 2-3 times a month for almost 4 years, so I know exactly what restaurants and stores are there. And it isn’t “remote”. You act like it’s 4hrs away from anything, and the only way in or out is via a two lane gravel road. But it is more connected to Chattanooga or Atlanta. You can get to either of those cities in about the same time as you can get to Asheville. I like Murphy a lot. It has a great downtown, but it is changing too. Lots of retirees are buying 2nd homes in Cherokee Co, and that trend will only accelerate over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreyGod623
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT