ADVERTISEMENT

**Spartanburg Wins Blazing 7 on 7 **

No i get excited about our program winning awards but in this case the $10,000.00 is much better!! Atleast your team came away with $500......oh wait i forgot you had to pay $560 to enter the event!!...oh and here is our starting LB on the sideline with his arm in a sling!!

He'll be ready go by the start of the season!!

Ok keep believing we paid! lmao! You would'nt know this because of the program you cheer for.

When you win 3 State Championships in a row. You don't pay for 7 on 7 tournaments.

We do our work on the field so we don't have to introduce ourselves. They already know!

file.php

Did Santa's Elves make those pants for you? stop sending stupid film of your players until somone offers them. Which your little under achieving programs very seldom sends kids to school.

Last edited:
Ill admit- my knowledge of Spartanburg is limited- but im pretty familiar woth MC (and will be really familiar with them again starting next year, what joy that brings my life lmao). But im pretty confident in saying that Mallard Creek would probably be win vs Spartanburg in an actual game that counted.

Numerous Teams in NC would beat Spartanburg. They are a 1 hit wonder!
Too Shy!

kajagoogoo_too_shy615x345-1427314378.jpg

Last edited:
Ill admit- my knowledge of Spartanburg is limited- but im pretty familiar woth MC (and will be really familiar with them again starting next year, what joy that brings my life lmao). But im pretty confident in saying that Mallard Creek would probably be win vs Spartanburg in an actual game that counted.

Spartanburg was once a SC powerhouse...now a shell of itself

One thing that used to really bother me was going to see a 7 on 7 and a team would play their normal deep seven including a middle linebacker. The opposing team would have cornerbacks / safties playing the linebacker spots. I understand the concept to get better and the concept to win but if you are not winning in pads late in the season what did it do for the team.

Reactions: marsgreen
The last time Spartanburg was a power. Indy destroyed them.

Yep! They both were defending 4A Champs. It was called Battle of Interstate 85. The game was played in 2002. Indy beat the breakers off them 49-7. Their worst beat down since 1935. I heard Spartanburg's 7 on 7 team was the bomb that year. You know they love their 7 on 7! :)

The whole thread is silly. Spartanburg had their chance to step up and play Mallard Creek. Instead they went with-
- 4-8 Sumerville
- 8-4Hanna
- Above average Etowah, GA
- 6-7 Union

Not a state title contender in the bunch. I think combined that 4 won 2 playoff games last year.

In the mean time you got big time programs facing off with

4 time 2a state champ Dillon
3a title winner Southpointe
Powerhouse Byrnes and Butler

STick with your touch football titles .

Anybody with any football knowledge here in NC knows that Mallard Creek is loaded on the offensive and defensive lines. I don't want to discredit any of the Maverick skill people because they have some exceptional kids, but there is nobody in NC that plays on Friday night that has the talent at linemen that Mallard Creek has.

7-on-7 is nothing compared to a regular game especially if a team is run-oriented. Let's set up a scrimmage between these two programs....NCPreps/SCVarsity (Rivals) Interstate Scrimmage....any takers???

Reactions: footballstar_17
I know they are scrimmaging Northwestern. All the coaches are in Greensboro for the NC coaches clinic. I will check in the am. If they're not already full with their schedule? They will be all over this. I will follow up with you tomorrow Deana.

You might need to check with someone from Spartanburg because the little guy is just a Homer fan.

Last edited:
Anybody with any football knowledge here in NC knows that Mallard Creek is loaded on the offensive and defensive lines. I don't want to discredit any of the Maverick skill people because they have some exceptional kids, but there is nobody in NC that plays on Friday night that has the talent at linemen that Mallard Creek has.

7-on-7 is nothing compared to a regular game especially if a team is run-oriented. Let's set up a scrimmage between these two programs....NCPreps/SCVarsity (Rivals) Interstate Scrimmage....any takers???

Smartest reply so for from a person who knows about MC football!!

VIKINGS preseason schedule
by DRash » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:25 am

Aug 5th 9am vs Dutch Fork & Broome (varsity,jv) @ SHS
Aug 9th 5pm @ Wren
Aug 11th @ Woodruff Jamboree

Smartest reply so for from a person who knows about MC football!!

VIKINGS preseason schedule
by DRash » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:25 am

Aug 5th 9am vs Dutch Fork & Broome (varsity,jv) @ SHS
Aug 9th 5pm @ Wren
Aug 11th @ Woodruff Jamboree

Who get's her information from me! :)

I see you guys schedule your scrimmages the same way you schedule your Non-conference games. Average!

Wren: 7-5

Woodruff: No you did'nt schedule a 2A program? All that talk about MC playing Dillon.
(4peat champs) take your foot out of your mouth.

Broome: 3A, 4-6

Last edited:
I bet you can't sleep at night waiting for the morning to come so you can see what i have posted!! I thought you said i was irrelevant. If she gets her info from you aleast she isn't afraid to speak the truth. Everyone including i know Mallard Creek is built around their OL & DL so just admit their skill players couldn't compete with Spartanburg & two other teams who finished ahead of them in the tournament.

Ryan Jones WR committed to NC.
Jacobe Clement CB committed to NC.State
Deonte Grier CB committed to Gardner Webb
Keyshaun Abel WR offered by FCS schools & recently NC.State
Knowledge Gainey WR FBS offers.

You keep bragging about skills guys winning 7 on 7 tournaments with no offers and sharing film of 175 lb linebackers, and we will continue to send our non competing skill guys, who college scouts love to D1 schools :)

Rivals who is on point with keeping up with the top players in the Nation. When i put in Spartanburg rivals 2017, it brings back 0? You must tell your guys, no matter how many 7 on 7 tounarments they win. That 2.2 gpa with low ACT & SAT scores are not going to get them in college. Gotta hit them books!

When you hit me back! list the 4star wr with 20 FBS offers and the 3star cb with offers from V.Tech, Clemson, Pittsburgh..etc, etc. Exactly! You can't

Stop embarrassing yourself. Go sit your midget Assssssss down somewhere.

Last edited:
very familiar with SC football and Spartanburg passing game is very sweet.
Austin Scott (class of 2016) had a very skilled arm and lots of receivers to
throw to. I have played, coached, and watched a ton of high school football
primarily in NC, but hands down, football in SC is normally much stronger.

very familiar with SC football and Spartanburg passing game is very sweet.
Austin Scott (class of 2016) had a very skilled arm and lots of receivers to
throw to. I have played, coached, and watched a ton of high school football
primarily in NC, but hands down, football in SC is normally much stronger.

OK! Well that is awesome! Good for you. James Smith average 3500 yds in passing with over 1000yds rushing each year class of 2016 He did this 3 years in a row. 3 State Championships.

Everyone has an opinion!

I'm with you man. Mallard Creek is the real deal and would match up well with
Burg. Just stating facts about the 2 states.

Reactions: nepsy7
You could very well be correct, but there is no factual data available that would confirm that.I have been lobbying for more games between the two states, but it seems to be no interest.

I'm with you man. Mallard Creek is the real deal and would match up well with
Burg. Just stating facts about the 2 states.

Actually there is nothing factual about it. While its a very small sample size over the last few years there is simply nothing that supports that claim.

Vance is 1-1 against RH Southpointe the last two years

Charlotte Catholic is 1-1 against RH Northwestern

Mallard Creek is 2-1 in South Carolina. When Byrnes crosses the border it will be the first time any SC school has come to play MC.

Richmond beat Myrtle Beach two years ago

Richmond and Scotland regularly beat Marlboro County

Providence beat Summerville last year.

South Carolina may have had an edge years back but there isn't any facts that support them being better now.

Ryan Jones WR committed to NC.
Jacobe Clement CB committed to NC.State
Deonte Grier CB committed to Gardner Webb
Keyshaun Abel WR offered by FCS schools & recently NC.State
Knowledge Gainey WR FBS offers.

You keep bragging about skills guys winning 7 on 7 tournaments with no offers and sharing film of 175 lb linebackers, and we will continue to send our non competing skill guys, who college scouts love to D1 schools :)

Rivals who is on point with keeping up with the top players in the Nation. When i put in Spartanburg rivals 2017, it brings back 0? You must tell your guys, no matter how many 7 on 7 tounarments they win. That 2.2 gpa with low ACT & SAT scores are not going to get them in college. Gotta hit them books!

When you hit me back! list the 4star wr with 20 FBS offers and the 3star cb with offers from V.Tech, Clemson, Pittsburgh..etc, etc. Exactly! You can't

Stop embarrassing yourself. Go sit your midget Assssssss down somewhere.

Every kid who get an offer from a college is NOT going to the NFL!!......so it really don't matter if its a D1, D2, or D3 school as long as they get an education!!;)

Here is spartanburgs kids on signing day this year!!........get real son!!

I bet you can't sleep at night waiting for the morning to come so you can see what i have posted!! I thought you said i was irrelevant. If she gets her info from you aleast she isn't afraid to speak the truth. Everyone including i know Mallard Creek is built around their OL & DL so just admit their skill players couldn't compete with Spartanburg & two other teams who finished ahead of them in the tournament.

Football is built around the OL and DL. It's hard to do anything without them. 7 on 7 is basically practice for the timing between the receivers and QB, defensive schemes and reading defenses. However, if you don't have your starting LBs and you replace them with DB's, that'ts not really helping. Most teams would want to get the most out of practice, not worrying about winning a silly title. Place DB's in for LB's in a real game and see what happens.

Actually there is nothing factual about it. While its a very small sample size over the last few years there is simply nothing that supports that claim.

Vance is 1-1 against RH Southpointe the last two years

Charlotte Catholic is 1-1 against RH Northwestern

Mallard Creek is 2-1 in South Carolina. When Byrnes crosses the border it will be the first time any SC school has come to play MC.

Richmond beat Myrtle Beach two years ago

Richmond and Scotland regularly beat Marlboro County

Providence beat Summerville last year.

South Carolina may have had an edge years back but there isn't any facts that support them being better now.

More like Charlotte vs South Carolina. I think 704 region has always played SC schools in schedule and scrimmage in the past few decades and the games have always been pretty competitive(save for Crest vs. Gaffney or Shelby vs. Byrnes scrimmage :D ). SC is living pre 2010 Shrine Bowl glory right now.

Every kid who get an offer from a college is NOT going to the NFL!!......so it really don't matter if its a D1, D2, or D3 school as long as they get an education!!;)

Here is spartanburgs kids on signing day this year!!........get real son!!

Congrats to those young men! less than 6.5% of the kids who play high school football go on to play college. MC will send more than half their senior class to play football in college this year.

You stop calling out kids based on a 7 on 7 and you get real son!

Congrats to those young men! less than 6.5% of the kids who play high school football go on to play college. MC will send more than half their senior class to play football in college this year.

You stop calling out kids based on a 7 on 7 and you get real son!

Spartanburg sent 8 and that's not counting their best WR's from the last 2 years who choose to walk on at Coastal Carolina...Mallard Creek sent 13.Stop asuming spartanburg kids aren't educated hillbilly!!
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article58267923.html

Last edited:
Spartanburg sent 8 and that's not counting their best WR's from the last to years who choose to walk on at Coastal Carolina...Mallard Creek sent 13.Stop asuming spartanburg kids aren't educated hillbilly!!
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article58267923.html

That's not counting the 4 that signed after signing day. I also owe you an apology. I heard midget was offensive and i should call you little person. :)

FYI! You walk on when there are no other options. I hope he earns a full ride in the near future.

Spartanburg came to Charlotte and left with a FAT CHECK!! .......Give us our Props!!

I gave you guys props. Awesome! I wish we could have won. I'm jealous! 10k can do a lot for a high school program

That's not counting the 4 that signed after signing day. I also owe you an apology. I heard midget was offensive and i should call you little person. :)

FYI! You walk on when there are no other options. I hope he earns a full ride in the near future.
He had many offers from D2 & D3 schools but he wanted to play at a D1 school. If i was his father i would convince him to take the free ride!! Spartanburg also had 4 to sign after signing day!! Your name calling don't fade me at all, that's what weaklings do when you have them cornered!!:)

SC is living pre 2010 Shrine Bowl glory right now.
South Carolina leads the series 44-31-4
2015 North Carolina 54-39
2014 South Carolina 21-12
2013 South Carolina 28-23
2012 South Carolina 23-19
2011 North Carolina 26-19
2010 South Carolina 42-10

South Carolina leads the series 44-31-4
2015 North Carolina 54-39
2014 South Carolina 21-12
2013 South Carolina 28-23
2012 South Carolina 23-19
2011 North Carolina 26-19

I stand somewhat corrected. Post 2010 has not been the huge margins that SC has enjoyed in the past. You can see the pattern of NC closing the gap making it competitive and winning big last season.

I stand somewhat corrected. Post 2010 has not been the huge margins that SC has enjoyed in the past. You can see the pattern of NC closing the gap making it competitive and winning big last season.
Between 2000 to 2010 the series is virtually even. Both states have solid programs, check out the 2000 score
2009 North Carolina 24-14
2008 South Carolina 24-16
2007 South Carolina 31-24
2006 North Carolina 23-16
2005 North Carolina 28-24
2004 South Carolina 35-21
2003 North Carolina 21-12
2002 North Carolina 28-0
2001 South Carolina 17-0
2000 South Carolina 66-14

Reactions: Chopper747
I think the Vikings should be given props for winning this competition. If you want to put big slow guys out on the field that's your choice. Charlotte quit making excuses. You sound worse than those guys from the triad that lost.

I think the Vikings should be given props for winning this competition. If you want to put big slow guys out on the field that's your choice. Charlotte quit making excuses. You sound worse than those guys from the triad that lost.
Four points:

1) Wrong state and wrong board to be posting a bragging thread, especially about something that isn't even real football.
2) Charlotte teams win 7-on-7's all the time. We don't go to the South Carolina boards and start threads bragging about it.
3) Charlotte teams give credit where credit is due...but playing ringers instead of your real players does not earn you credit. Page had an excellent showing in this tourney...as was duly noted earlier in the thread.
4) Wrong state and wrong board to be posting a bragging thread, especially about something that isn't even real football.

Four points:

1) Wrong state and wrong board to be posting a bragging thread, especially about something that isn't even real football.
2) Charlotte teams win 7-on-7's all the time. We don't go to the South Carolina boards and start threads bragging about it.
3) Charlotte teams give credit where credit is due...but playing ringers instead of your real players does not earn you credit. Page had an excellent showing in this tourney...as was duly noted earlier in the thread.
4) Wrong state and wrong board to be posting a bragging thread, especially about something that isn't even real football.
I think that's 3 points BUT good points nonetheless

I'm not a Charlotte fan. However, there's a difference in real football and 7 on 7. In a real game you're not going to put a DB in a linebacker spot. They'll get run over and it would be pointless. Especially playing someone that has a decent OL. I wouldn't consider the linebackers for some of the top programs "big and slow", however, they are bigger and probably slower than a DB. Even if the difference is .2 or .3 seconds (say a DB runs a 4.5 40 and a LB runs a 4.8), for the QB training purpose that can be huge. Plus you have to think about how a DB and LB's thought processes are different. LB are looking for different things than what a DB would, not to mention no one is really going to bite on a play action on 7 on 7, to where in a game they will have to respect the run. 7 on 7 can be helpful to skill players if done correctly. The whole point of 7 on 7 is to help with QB/WR timing, defense schemes and reading the defense. If the defense isn't playing like they would in a real game, then it literally becomes a game of flag football. If a team does play with DB's as linebackers in a real game, I could see the offense not even worrying about passing the ball and getting as many rushing yards as they like.

So yes, it's nice winning a big check but in the end a 7 on 7 means nothing, especially if you aren't playing personnel like you would in a real game. Can't wait for big boy football in a couple weeks.

For something that means nothing, there sure are a lot of top programs that
compete in them. They only mean something when your team wins them :).
The fact is.... there is much to gain by 7on7's - that's why it has grown to the
level it has.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT