ADVERTISEMENT

Southfork 2A predictions 2019

I also think East Lincoln is being underrated this season. Last years seniors at East, I felt like were not into it at all. The juniors last year were putting more into it. The senior class has some talented ball players. They are my pick as the dark horse.

I believe this is the most unpredictable conference in all of 2A. Teams like Lincolnton, East, and Newton can finish anywhere between 2-6. West will be a lot better than people give them credit for. Coach Glass has really done wonders with this team already and it is night and day from the previous two seasons. I believe we have around 8 kids that have not played the previous two seasons but are back on the field. Numbers are a little low and depth will be our main concern along with being extremely young.

So did Ty Williams move? No one has said for sure. Once again West Lincoln is predicted to finish no higher than 4th in most polls but thats what this group of kids like. My son actually said he wished they were predicted lower. We shall see.

No idea what’s going on with the kid. No NL fans posting yet. Prob out on vacation and hadn’t checked the site in a while. I’m sure Bazzel can coach North through without Williams in backfield.

I believe this is the most unpredictable conference in all of 2A. Teams like Lincolnton, East, and Newton can finish anywhere between 2-6. West will be a lot better than people give them credit for. Coach Glass has really done wonders with this team already and it is night and day from the previous two seasons. I believe we have around 8 kids that have not played the previous two seasons but are back on the field. Numbers are a little low and depth will be our main concern along with being extremely young.

First place is predictable. I think NL will have a better team this year than last and will go undefeated in conference play. It's predictable that Lake Norman Charter will probably finish last. In between is anyone's guess.

The in between finish is gonna be the most entertaining to try to match predict etc. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess Newton will be toward bottom as they prob have not recovered from the transfers and really hadn’t heard anything about em’. Maiden has been quiet too. Their post prob comes out after season starts or right bwfore

From my understanding Maiden has lost at least two impact players from last season to transfer. I believe Newton has lost two as well.

First place is predictable. I think NL will have a better team this year than last and will go undefeated in conference play. It's predictable that Lake Norman Charter will probably finish last. In between is anyone's guess.

Expecting a Hibriten playoff matchup between these 2 if South Point don’t come up first. Oughta be good.

I also think East Lincoln is being underrated this season. Last years seniors at East, I felt like were not into it at all. The juniors last year were putting more into it. The senior class has some talented ball players. They are my pick as the dark horse.

I agree. EL also had a lot of injuries last year. I understand everyone is healed up and ready to go this year. I expect them to finish in the top half of the conference.

I agree. EL also had a lot of injuries last year. I understand everyone is healed up and ready to go this year. I expect them to finish in the top half of the conference.

Yeah alittle highly unusual for East to go the way they went last year. Can’t see them staying down long or even staying out of the top 2 or 3 longer than a season. Tides do tend to change here and there. Who knows how long til North is or toward the bottom again. WL has been there and done that too and Lincolnton has their share last year although showed toughness and promise.

Did not get to attend but was told that it went fairly well. East Rutherford will be at memorial stadium tomorrow at 7.

Guess South Caldwell ain’t as tough as many thought since they return about the whole team from last year

Was not impressed with them. Have decent looking athletes but lack in team speed. Looked gassed after about 2 series.

Being a 4A school you’d think they’d have a stable of surprises. Last year I seen them move the ball with ease on the ground against Hickory but had no defense at all. Hickory won in a massive shootout by 1 or 2 points. Same Hickory team surprised Bandys in a close one as well.

South was expected to be a top 4 team in their conference this year but unless they was just fooling around in the scrimmage I believe you changed peoples minds. But of course we’re talkin bout Lincolnton playing them and you guys are most of the time a force.

Being a 4A school you’d think they’d have a stable of surprises. Last year I seen them move the ball with ease on the ground against Hickory but had no defense at all. Hickory won in a massive shootout by 1 or 2 points. Same Hickory team surprised Bandys in a close one as well.

South was expected to be a top 4 team in their conference this year but unless they was just fooling around in the scrimmage I believe you changed peoples minds. But of course we’re talkin bout Lincolnton playing them and you guys are most of the time a force.
With it being a scrimmage they may have been keeping it vanilla, but they only scored twice on us during 4 periods I believe. We were in their backfield numerous times. But then again, we looked decently quick.

With it being a scrimmage they may have been keeping it vanilla, but they only scored twice on us during 4 periods I believe. We were in their backfield numerous times. But then again, we looked decently quick.

Did they have a good running back? Same guy if it is same guy, ran all over hickory. He’s a far cry from Zac Pollard but still had some moves. Pollard if you recall was a record setter and a real booger of a RB for South about 7, 8 years ago. Highly recruited but stock went flat when he tore his ACL. Recovered some and played for Presbyterian but never heard bout him since.

It’s at week 3 but I’m looking forward to the NL West Caldwell matchup although I won’t be able to attend. Athlete to Athlete on paper West don’t stand a chance but what makes this game unique is coach Big against Bazzel. Both great minds of the game that have met each other several times. Expect Big to do great things at his old stomping grounds. After 30 plus years I’m sure they are glad to have em’ back. He’s not far from 80 but look how long Petrano coached Penn State lol. Big still got plenty left in the tank.

Last edited:
Did they have a good running back? Same guy if it is same guy, ran all over hickory. He’s a far cry from Zac Pollard but still had some moves. Pollard if you recall was a record setter and a real booger of a RB for South about 7, 8 years ago. Highly recruited but stock went flat when he tore his ACL. Recovered some and played for Presbyterian but never heard bout him since.
They did not have anyone remotely close to Pollard. They had a couple of bigger backs that ran straight. After looking at their schedule I can only see 2 maybe 3 wins.

West looked a little shaky last weekend on offence. Beat Bunker Hill and N. Gaston. Last night was a different story. Firing on all cylinders; offensively and defensively. Threw 7 scores up on W. Caldwell to their one. Defence held W. Caldwell to less than 100 total yards.

Reactions: LHSfaninVA
West looked a little shaky last weekend on offence. Beat Bunker Hill and N. Gaston. Last night was a different story. Firing on all cylinders; offensively and defensively. Threw 7 scores up on W. Caldwell to their one. Defence held W. Caldwell to less than 100 total yards.

Last year when East Burke put 40 some points on West Caldwelll and doesn’t win another game afterwards, matter of fact gets destroyed by everybody else rest of season it says something bout West Caldwell. I just wonder what the heck is going on over there. With Coach Big taking over they may improve though the season but it’s gonna take time. I hate to see WC in their condition especially considering in the old days this was a team people use to dread playing.

It’s good to see West Lincoln still playing sound football and not missing a beat from last year.

Last edited:
I believe the winner of this conference will have at least one loss inside the conference. It is hard to gauge teams right now because of the level of competition each has scrimmaged.

I saw that East Lincoln shut out Stuart Cramer the other night in their scrimmage.
A friend of mine told me that he had heard from a reliable source that neither team looked that good. Take that for what you will though. The word around town has been that East is very down so I question how good SC will be this season. Again, hard to get a good read because of the competition. Lincolnton will be better than their showing against Shelby.

A friend of mine told me that he had heard from a reliable source that neither team looked that good. Take that for what you will though. The word around town has been that East is very down so I question how good SC will be this season. Again, hard to get a good read because of the competition. Lincolnton will be better than their showing against Shelby.

Don't know who you are talking to around town about EL but I don't think the word that "East is very down" is accurate....probably coming from NL, WL, and Lincolnton fans (LOL). What I am hearing is that EL is finally healthy after having a rash of injuries over the last two years and that they are very excited about their QB who missed most of last season. I expect EL to have better season this year than last.

As far as Lincolnton, obviously they were severely over matched against Shelby as everyone expected. Hopefully they came out of that scrimmage without any serious injuries.

Don't know who you are talking to around town about EL but I don't think the word that "East is very down" is accurate....probably coming from NL, WL, and Lincolnton fans (LOL). What I am hearing is that EL is finally healthy after having a rash of injuries over the last two years and that they are very excited about their QB who missed most of last season. I expect EL to have better season this year than last.

As far as Lincolnton, obviously they were severely over matched against Shelby as everyone expected. Hopefully they came out of that scrimmage without any serious injuries.

Pretty much everyone expects Shelby to be 2AA Kings. Who around here has a chance other than Hibriten? Not sure how Hibriten will stand against them this year as it may be possible they’ll meet again. Hib lost 3/4 of the starters on both sides to graduation if not more but some fans say they’ll be just fine, great JVs last year and some bright spot returners and one fan said they’ll be down enough to were South Caldwell would beat em but considering Lincolnton made South look silly as you prob put it that prob ain’t gonna happen ha ha. I know Hibriten comes up some in South Fork discussions but I keep it related to the topic best I can. I know Bandys gave em a whopper of a game for at least 2 quarters last year. Not sure we’re that RB went, anyone know?

Shelby seemed to get their share of SFork competition last year and May this year as well but we’ll see how it pans out by the time it starts getting cold.

Off the subject alittle but anyone seen NL in action as far as scrimmages and jamborees?

Ty Williams is really burning it up now as a freshman I see. Who goes from 12.2 to 11.6? Pretty impressive. Looking like a flash n dash running back duo next year on the field. North fans have a lot to look fwd to this fall by seeing what’s going on on the track.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT