ADVERTISEMENT

Southfork 2A predictions 2019

Ty Williams is really burning it up now as a freshman I see. Who goes from 12.2 to 11.6? Pretty impressive. Looking like a flash n dash running back duo next year on the field. North fans have a lot to look fwd to this fall by seeing what’s going on on the track.

With spring ball a couple weeks away I am interested to hear the outlook for everyone this season. I know that we will be very young but fully expect to be back in the playoffs this season. Word has it the kids have been working hard in the weight room and are ready to get going. Our biggest question mark will be at the qb position imo.

Mack George is gonna be a great one one day. He’s a good young coach.. I wish North would have been able to keep him. I see him at all the track meets too. He definitely goes above and beyond for the kids.

What’s new with the track team? Hadn’t seen any articles or results on ncpreptrack.com
Sorus, Williams, and Ward still strong and at it?

They convert that to a 11.04 in milesplit (hand times are always rounded up and then .24 added). Johnson should be a clear winner in 100...from there it will be a toss up for next 2-4 kids.

Conference Championship tomorrow! starts @ 1:00 at North Lincoln....
look for big days out of NL top athletes.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
They convert that to a 11.04 in milesplit (hand times are always rounded up and then .24 added). Johnson should be a clear winner in 100...from there it will be a toss up for next 2-4 kids.

Conference Championship tomorrow! starts @ 1:00 at North Lincoln....
look for big days out of NL top athletes.

If you get this keep me updated man on what’s going on out there. I might make regionals if I’m lucky

NL did great today! Distance guys took care of business.

Big PR by beard in 300h breaking School record

Sam Brady with big PR in 100 M with 11.1 FAT..And new school record. good time to pr.. N.C. state football was there to watch him
Soorus with PRs in shot and school record 53 and change LJ 22’5” pr.. and pr discus 173 and change. Boy won by 50 or so.

NL did great today! Distance guys took care of business.

Big PR by beard in 300h breaking School record

Sam Brady with big PR in 100 M with 11.1 FAT..And new school record. good time to pr.. N.C. state football was there to watch him
Soorus with PRs in shot and school record 53 and change LJ 22’5” pr.. and pr discus 173 and change. Boy won by 50 or so.
How did Woods for us do today?

Heck yeah man. Go North. How did the girls pan out? I know they lost a big time distance runner from last year and figured that might hurt em.

Heck yeah man. Go North. How did the girls pan out? I know they lost a big time distance runner from last year and figured that might hurt em.

Sounds like North will have a very flashy backfield next year at all 3 positions, speed speed speed. Ok I didn’t mean to respond to my own post. It’s all good. Accident

How did Woods for us do today?
He was dq’d in 100.. so was one of your other runners. False start. This was gonna be the first time to run in same heat as Newton kid. It was a fast day! He looked great in relays. I don’t know 200 results

Girls came in 2nd. Very close competition. A few out with injuries hurt them.

Well hopefully the girls pull it off in regionals. Been many times a team wins conference and falls to another conference team at regionals. They dont have the results posted up on NCPreptrack yet. Boys oughta take regionals by storm this year and maybe make some noise if State. Just need a 3 maybe 4 first places and just placing in eveything else top 5 and with help from other teams it can happen. Distance guys will HAVE to get depth in scoring.

Reactions: Northfan2020
Girls came in 2nd. Very close competition. A few out with injuries hurt them.

Still ain’t posted results. You got a link send us one. Nevermind I just saw em. You guys have a soild program hands down and all around. What happened to Ty ?

Last edited:
Just saw where Travoli Price was offered by South Carolina. Congratulations to that young man.

That young man will have many more coming!! North’s first power 5! He is a great kid and humble as could be.

Sam Brady has Two! William and Mary and UMass! South Carolina is coming to give him a hard look soon and N.C. State likes him. He doesn’t twitter much so not sure he has even posted anything.

They like size and both those Two have plenty of it.. plus athleticism!

Three more meets with Nationals and then it’s FOOTBALL! North will be strong this year

Reactions: Burkeforreal
Looking like North will have a force but question is and this is a whole thread all by itself, will they actually have anything this go round to have a shot at South Point, Hibriten or Shelby?? Shoulda put in Hib SP and Shelb as far as preseason rankings. Hibriten lost a ton of seniors so can’t see them doing much past 1st round. They will have a high seed cause their conf is so weak.

Hate Ty is gone from team. A vital part to a 4*1 and 4*2 missing.

Please don’t write off Hibriten, they lost alot but a lot of young kids played a lot! A handful of 10th graders started at various times and played a lot and multiple 11th graders did same. No Gee but I promise they’ll be plenty long td’s this year. Defense gonna be tough and this team could be one of the overall strongest (weight room) team ever at HHS.

Reactions: beamer24
Please don’t write off Hibriten, they lost alot but a lot of young kids played a lot! A handful of 10th graders started at various times and played a lot and multiple 11th graders did same. No Gee but I promise they’ll be plenty long td’s this year. Defense gonna be tough and this team could be one of the overall strongest (weight room) team ever at HHS.

Never really wrote Hibriten off of anything, I just don’t suggest they will make their deep run like previous seasons or maybe have something to come at Shelby with to win again. I could be and would hope I’d be wrong about that cause Hibriten does represent our area and has done it well, but based off of the history of mass senior losses at Hibriten and from what a parent in the crowd says this year could be not so much a down year but not a big run year or ring year either.

Somehow Hibriten comes up on a lot of threads that has little or nothing to do with them at all which speaks volumes of the program ha ha. I’d like to see North Lincoln and Hibriten go at it or another SF school challenge them again. The Bandys deal was nice for a couple quarters. I wish someone would upset Shelby but from all their returns it domt look like Hibriten or SF best can or may do it. We can always hope so though and lean toward it. Will Ty Williams return to North this fall?

I expect the pecking order of the conference to look different than last year. North is the clear favorite given what they have coming back, but after that it's really a toss up. I do not see West having a season like they did last year nor Bandys. Newton will be much improved after a season under Packs system.

I expect the pecking order of the conference to look different than last year. North is the clear favorite given what they have coming back, but after that it's really a toss up. I do not see West having a season like they did last year nor Bandys. Newton will be much improved after a season under Packs system.
Bandys losing that RB alone will hurt them ha ha. But they’ve lost RBs before and been fine the next year so we’ll see. Crib gone from North hurts and seeing others as possibly not to come back next year that will also hurt North. Is there anyone other than Sorus and Willams at North that can carry the rock? Keep in mind I’m just taking bout RBs in general not the QB doing scrambled and sneaks.

Last edited:
That young man will have many more coming!! North’s first power 5! He is a great kid and humble as could be.

Sam Brady has Two! William and Mary and UMass! South Carolina is coming to give him a hard look soon and N.C. State likes him. He doesn’t twitter much so not sure he has even posted anything.

They like size and both those Two have plenty of it.. plus athleticism!

Three more meets with Nationals and then it’s FOOTBALL! North will be strong this year

Congrats on a fine day at regionals. Wishing you guys the best in State run. It’s gonna be tight but hopefully y’all pull off the big win. Had the opportunity to meet Sorus at the meet. Nice fella. Dude is a beast and will only get better at all he does.

Thanks! North had a lot of kids Advance. There is no guarantee in anything.. but if the kids perform to their ability, both teams will be be near the top at States!

Great day in baseball for South Fork. North and West for the shot at title game and of course North shot at title in track. Keep me posted tomm Northfan.

Wow! Huge day!

North boys wins title!! Girls 4th
Jason Thompson state champ 1600
Brian Reese state champ 3200
Boys 4x400 state champ anchor by Jalen Ward
Angie Allen State Champ 1600
Jake Soorus state champ shot 56’6”new county record
Soorus state champ Discus 175’11”
LJ 21’7” s6th I think..

Emily Shain Lincolnton had big day too!
Won shot on final throw! 42’+!
2nd discus!
Saw East did well too.

Now focus on BB! Huge night for West and North!! Couldn’t be more excited. Great for our county and great for our conference!

Wow! Huge day!

North boys wins title!! Girls 4th
Jason Thompson state champ 1600
Brian Reese state champ 3200
Boys 4x400 state champ anchor by Jalen Ward
Angie Allen State Champ 1600
Jake Soorus state champ shot 56’6”new county record
Soorus state champ Discus 175’11”
LJ 21’7” s6th I think..

Emily Shain Lincolnton had big day too!
Won shot on final throw! 42’+!
2nd discus!
Saw East did well too.

Now focus on BB! Huge night for West and North!! Couldn’t be more excited. Great for our county and great for our conference!

Man didn’t know they competed yesterday, that’s what I get for paying attention I guess ha ha. I couldn’t go anyway but heck yeah. A crown, y’all will take that. First time win for the program as far as track goes? Cross country they’ve won before I saw that but not sure bout track. Congratulations fellas. When does West and North go at it in BB? Maxpreps still says TBD.

Saw were North girls lost to soon to be East Burke. Your thinking ‘ what, huh’ yeah it’s Draughn but word on the street is and don’t quote me on this, not in stone yet but Draughn MIGHT be shutting down, becoming a middle school, and East Burke will be East Burke again all due to numbers. That takes place they’ll prob be 3aa cause both schools low in number. It’s a thread all by itself and I don’t wanna start it if it not really be true. Good season for North softball considering they were an unheard of thing for a really long time.

Saw were North girls lost to soon to be East Burke. Your thinking ‘ what, huh’ yeah it’s Draughn but word on the street is and don’t quote me on this, not in stone yet but Draughn MIGHT be shutting down, becoming a middle school, and East Burke will be East Burke again all due to numbers. That takes place they’ll prob be 3aa cause both schools low in number. It’s a thread all by itself and I don’t wanna start it if it not really be true. Good season for North softball considering they were an unheard of thing for a really long time.

I have always said they should have only built one new Burke County school in the first place, while that horse is long out of the barn, East Burke would be so much better competitive wise.

I have always said they should have only built one new Burke County school in the first place, while that horse is long out of the barn, East Burke would be so much better competitive wise.

So that’s been going around a while and not so much a rumor? I got my source from a East Burke baseball dad and classmate but not sure how true it was. We as community people can only hope EB is 3a or 3aa cause both schools this past year were the 2 worst 2a schools in whole region just about when it come to football. When old EB comes back they will be reunited with old conference that they were in for a LONG time and it’ll take time to get to a competitive level. The other sports should be ok but football is questionable. At least for a year or so. Hope they are not 4a

Last edited:
I know this is about South Fork and sometimes other schools get thrown into conversation to a point that 10 12 15 post later it has nothing to do with the thread at all but just to elaborate on East Burke without starting another whole subject line - I believe one additional school in Burke woulda done the trick just like you said and I know exactly we’re it shoulda sit and why. Right there along Hwy 18 bout a half mile but no more than a mile past Sagebrush. It’d a pulled a lot of Salem, all Drexel(or about all) bits of Valdese, and some far out bits of George Hildebran. And give it a name honoring a Burke figure. It’d been a 3A easily. Borders would be kinda tricky but not rocket science. Just my 2 cents.

West kicked our butt last night! on to game 3! It is great for SF baseball and Lincoln county! One team will be headed to the State Championship!

Both teams are loaded with athletes and talent. Tonight @7:00 North Lincoln

West kicked our butt last night! on to game 3! It is great for SF baseball and Lincoln county! One team will be headed to the State Championship!

Both teams are loaded with athletes and talent. Tonight @7:00 North Lincoln

I was wondering what in the world happened man lol. I’d go watch it if i didn’t have to work. What’s nice about this is this team isn’t losing hardly anybody to graduation.

Since this is it for track and about it for baseball and the school year as a whole, what’s in store for the running back positions for North in 3 months?

Practice is in full swing. Who will everyone be scrimmaging? What are numbers looking like?

Whats up everyone. It's been a busy summer for me at work. We took another heart breaker from NL in baseball. Very emotional game for my son playing ball with his senior friends for the last time. Hats off to NL. Football is back. Son has been to few camps and has a few D2 schools interested we will see what will happen. Come September 1st. We will be scrimmaging Bunker Hill and North Gaston Saturday. We made another great showing at the FCA 7 on 7 at LR. Finished the week at 10-3 if not mistaken. Defence looks as strong or stroner than last year. Offence is coming around too. May have a few surprises that people aren't aware of this year.

We brought the post back to life way to go guys ha ha. Anyone got the scoop on NL to see if they are panning out to be the conference champs this year that many predicted may happen before their season ended last year?

2 state championships in the spring is a lot for the community to brag on and should be a school year to remember especially when the football team went from 2 wins to deep playoff run to start it off. May not have another year like that one at NL but i sure hope I’m wrong.

So did Ty Williams move? No one has said for sure. Once again West Lincoln is predicted to finish no higher than 4th in most polls but thats what this group of kids like. My son actually said he wished they were predicted lower. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT