ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Alamance

had to be something pretty bad...we'll probably never know for sure....but there will be alot of speculation......

Allegations can literally ruin a man's career. Even if proven untrue. The damage is already done. The man's character and image already took a HIT in the eyes of the public and admin. Hoping he gets a 2nd chance elsewhere.

Looking at the Mel Tucker situation at Michigan State. After looking at the text messages from the supposed victim. She text a friend and said "Mel is really a great guy but he's married and I want more out of this relationship, now all I want is financial compensation." There's hundreds of text showing her practically begging for more encounters with Mel and wanted him to leave his wife. Again the damage is already done. People view of Mel literally changed in 23 days. Wow!! He'll be lucky to coach again.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Allegations can literally ruin a man's career. Even if proven untrue. The damage is already done. The man's character and image already took a HIT in the eyes of the public and admin. Hoping he gets a 2nd chance elsewhere.

Looking at the Mel Tucker situation at Michigan State. After looking at the text messages from the supposed victim. She text a friend and said "Mel is really a great guy but he's married and I want more out of this relationship, now all I want is financial compensation." There's hundreds of text showing her practically begging for more encounters with Mel and wanted him to leave his wife. Again the damage is already done. People view of Mel literally changed in 23 days. Wow!! He'll be lucky to coach again.
so what were the allegations?

He is one of greatest coaches that I have seen on film. He understands how to get the best out of a kid. I hate that a cell phone can end someone's career that quick and he was just being a coach. The standards are just to soft and to think someone recorded this with their uniform on. They have the footage, there is no allegations! He needs to come to Walkertown and help that program out.

He is one of greatest coaches that I have seen on film. He understands how to get the best out of a kid. I hate that a cell phone can end someone's career that quick and he was just being a coach. The standards are just to soft and to think someone recorded this with their uniform on. They have the footage, there is no allegations! He needs to come to Walkertown and help that program out.
I agree with this….to bring southern Alamance to a conference champion and beat eastern Alamance….dude has to be one of the most underrated coaches in the state

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Look coaches as soon as you realize that you really do not matter to a school or principal the better off you will be. This is a job and if you give your life to it you will leave often times disappointed. I have seen coaches who went to state championships get fired (Shuping at Grimsley and Stewart at Tabor). I have seen long time coaches who have given decades to a school axed (Diamont East Surry) . I have seen parents run off coaches (Brown at Asheboro) I have seen football coaches take the fall for superiors (Jenks at Clayton) I have seen coaches get backstabbed by fellow coaches on the staff ( young shuping at Rolesville and stone at west Forsyth Briggs at North Gaston ) So fellow coaches just realize that you are expendable. You have no value. You will often be a scapegoat so just realize that going in and continually be aware.

Last edited:
There is a new article about this on wfmy news 2. Seems like a “Bobby Knight” situation. Many students and parents want the coach back, including the family of the player involved.

That’s how we were coached growing up and to me it’s a shame that a coach can’t even yell at or punish their players nowadays with someone getting their pants in a wad and complaining about it because they want their child to be handed everything on a silver platter!!!’

I wonder who was the kid/parent who caused the stink….someone knows and I got a feeling a lot of folks down that way know

Look coaches as soon as you realize that you really do not matter to a school or principal the better off you will be. This is a job and if you give your life to it you will leave often times disappointed. I have seen coaches who went to state championships get fired (Shuping at Grimsley and Stewart at Tabor). I have seen long time coaches who have given decades to a school axed (Diamont East Surry) . I have seen parents run off coaches (Brown at Asheboro) I have seen football coaches take the fall for superiors (Jenks at Clayton) I have seen coaches get backstabbed by fellow coaches on the staff ( young shuping at Rolesville and stone at west Forsyth Briggs at North Gaston ) So fellow coaches just realize that you are expendable. You have no value. You will often be a scapegoat so just realize that going in and continually be aware.
You are correct but this needs to change….bad

Saw where a Florida coach got fired for punching a kid in a game. But when you watch the video he hits the kid in the helmet as he is coming off the field. I thought good grief half of my high school coaches would be fired.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
You are correct but this needs to change….bad
Thing is it’s not going to. The coaching profession much like the teaching profession is in real peril. You have teachers teaching that have no business or training in education and the results show. You have guys coaching that 10-15 ago never would have been hired by anyone coaching and it shows. The professional coach is being replaced by what I call the backpack coach. What coaches are dealing with from parents now is almost criminal. I have heard of parents going after coaches trying to fight coaches threatening coaches saying things to coaches wives. Then you see something like the coach at SA get axed and you think is this job even worth it????? Even if the coach is reinstated he will not be the same he will be under scrutiny more than before. It’s too bad because he seems to be a good guy

I have seen wife’s sitting on the track or even worse choosing not to come to games because of abuse they take. Then I have heard where some schools will not let wife’s sit on track either. They don’t want anyone inside the fence.

• Wow
Reactions: beamer24
It appears it was an internal parent/player that had an issue, not the player actually involved. For the most part schools/principals try and let football handle itself as its different than most sports in its intensity, and reach. Everyone wants to be KING in football, and have a say so. Parents, coaches, players, admin, fans. Everyone has their on interest at heart. That's why its becoming more toxic as ever.

Parents/fans berating coaches during games. Berating coaches wives, principals, and even players. Coaches talking bad about other coaches/programs while trying to sell their program. Even coaches attitudes have changed, and arrogancy reigns with many coaches. Most do not even care about the student athlete after the season is over if the player offers them no benefit on the field. Lots of blame to go around for thie current state of affairs.

Now to the old school football guys. Berating, choking, excessive direct cursing, or striking in any form is just not tolerated anymore. Yeah, yeah, yeah that's how you grew up and everyone is soft now. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. The coach in FL should have been fired for striking a player. If that's any other environment you'd look silly doing that, Mess up at work, and see how you feel if your boss comes and slaps you on the head, preacher mess up a sermon, or scripture go up there and strike him in the head. Cheerleader miss a routine go and slap her in the head or grab her by the collar. Janitor miss a spot go and slap/choke/berate him. You'd look silly. But we accept these thing's in football. How about if a coach calls the wrong play for the defense given we slap him in the head? There is absolutely no reason to EVER put your hands on a player out of anger. Curse, jump, hollar, coach, roll over backwards but keep your hands to yourself.

Now to the out of control parents. GET A GRIP. Been to too many games this year where parents make the games unbearable. Constant whining about your child not getting the ball, why the coaches suck, why the refs suck, why the coach is hurting your 5'6" 145 sons chance at playing college ball, why the other team is cheating. Its out of hand. These coaches spend countless hours getting underpaid, over worked, under appreciated for you to come out there and complain all game like you really know the difference in a 5 technique, an under defense, sink defense, or a cover 3 robber. STFU and enjoy the game and thank the coaches for their hardwork!

5'6" 145 🤣🤣🤣

And I get that times have changed and you can't do that stuff anymore I just don't see the outrage in it.

SK,
You are so right about that. You hit it on the nail. I won't say much more than what you have shared. We are the last of a dying breed. Everyone is jocking for position. I told my buddy at Millbrook, trust no one. I wish we could just join together and create the top staff in the state without the toxic. Unfortunately, this is the way of the land now. SK, I have followed you for a long time and you are also in my top tier of leaders in this game. Is Chad still coaching?

5'6" 145 🤣🤣🤣

And I get that times have changed and you can't do that stuff anymore I just don't see the outrage in it.
Agree with the outrage. Dude should get a warning and let the guy coach his team. Firing is over kill. Even in court you have misdemeanors and you have felonies. This is a misdemeanor when it comes to student contact.

Reactions: beamer24
SK,
You are so right about that. You hit it on the nail. I won't say much more than what you have shared. We are the last of a dying breed. Everyone is jocking for position. I told my buddy at Millbrook, trust no one. I wish we could just join together and create the top staff in the state without the toxic. Unfortunately, this is the way of the land now. SK, I have followed you for a long time and you are also in my top tier of leaders in this game. Is Chad still coaching?
Chad ??? Tesh.

By firing him it negatively effects a whole team and community….and when the kid said he didn’t mind he should have gotten his job back immediately
NW,
I am with you on this 100% but this is what is going on with administration now, they are more concerned about the media then what is right morally. Sad part about this there is one player on that team would rather the team loose a game and for them to play then to hold the shield and help the 1's get their reps. That is also the same person that would do something like this to a coach in order to prove a point. We have players right now on the college level that would tell if we lift on a off day....LOL! The NCAA will suspend the coach and it could be something as small as run 1 mile. Social media is destroying our lives!

Coach Fritz is a great man. I just hope he lands somewhere he's wanted. Awesome awareness and connection with players. Someone is going to get a great coach

Reactions: nwguilford007
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT