ADVERTISEMENT

South View Is Undefeated

Lol they beat a bunch of scrubs but if you go 4a you got a chance because 4a is mostly scubs

Scrub would be a understatement. They have beaten no one that would determine they have a snow ball chance of winning even 4A. One win Lumberton put up 49 points on them. Is this a joke?

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
just looked at strength of schedule on simmons before this past weeks games
77 4a teams, this is just amongst 4a teams
south view 64th
east forsyth 69
hough 60
myers park 54
71st 65
south central 74
Enloe 63
just a few of the better records and schedule strength leading into this past weeks games.

I posted weeks ago that I wasnt sold on SV yet. I saw them last year and they were huge but they lost most of their size. The WR is very good. SV will have their biggest test this week and next against 3A CF and 3A Terry Sanford. I have also posted that weak teams can make average teams look great. Weak teams can make good teams look like state contenders. That has been SV scd so far. The 4A is wide open this year, I guess SV has as good a chance as anyone else to get hot at the end of the year and roll. I doubt it but it is possible.

only thing any team can do is to beat the team in front of them on Friday night!

Cape fear will be conquered this here Friday. 'Tis Terry Sanford that we will compete for the conference title therefore.
Beat'em......................make a statement.
If not Nepsy7 will be on deck on 12 October like Dale Murphy ready to eat your words

Cape fear will be conquered this here Friday. 'Tis Terry Sanford that we will compete for the conference title therefore.
I actually had a thought of going to this game but just don't think I can in reality, a 7 year streak will
be thoroughly challenged just down the road in Fayetteville.

They are playing ing the combo conference 3a/4a.
This makes no difference as to playing in the 4AA or 4A playoffs.
SV has been playing in the 4A over the past few seasons and I would think that is where they are heading again this year. They had 1833 last season and the line is usually around 2000.

BEWARE...The COLTS are coming...this team seems to get overlooked in that neighborhood alot...I'll pick CAPE FEAR COLTS in the mud...GO COLTS ...

South View loses: 'Tis expected, for no match compared to the Colts!
South View wins: 'Tis a false win. Who shalt expect much more?

In this here Jungle we are use'd to such talk, continuing to silence the naysayers.

Fact of the matter is Cape Fear is down this year compared to previous 3 years, and SV barely beat them. So that doesn’t bode well for SV.

South View loses: 'Tis expected, for no match compared to the Colts!
South View wins: 'Tis a false win. Who shalt expect much more?

In this here Jungle we are use'd to such talk, continuing to silence the naysayers.

Jack Britt: 3-4
Hoke County: 0-7
Lumberton: 1-5
Douglas Byrd: 2-6
Westover: 2-5
EE.Smith: 0-8
Cape Fear:5-3

You can only play the teams you're scheduled to play, but that has to be one of the weakest schedules in the State. I would hold off on the silence the naysayer comments and State Title inbound. Probably need to wait until you actually play somebody, or beat a contender before you start calling yourself one.

Last edited:
Jack Britt: 3-4
Hoke County: 0-7
Lumberton: 1-5
Douglas Byrd: 2-6
Westover: 2-5
EE.Smith: 0-8
Cape Fear:5-3

You can only play the teams you're scheduled to play, but that has to be one of the weakest schedules in the State. I would hold off on the silence the naysayer comments and State Title inbound. Probably need to wait until you actually play somebody, or beat a contender before you start calling yourself one.
OUCH!!!!!

I can't understand how anybody can start talking about championships in the first week or two. .. I've seen a bit of it the past 4 or 5 years. Usually it's a few over-excited fans on these boards or what have you, but I assure you most coaches do not instill such. Play the games one week at a time. I believe the bragging and boasting can influence these teenage kids into a much worse let down. They do, along with coaches read this stuff. That's a pie schedule. The COLTS are now 3a. I wouldn't tell anybody that my team is going to win it all. Oh well... I'm rambling now. Hope you guys have a good week as we get ready for the upcoming games. ( Pinecrest - Lumberton ) tomorrow night.

Best team in Fayetteville, IMO (unsure what that means though)
I've seen 71st and SV play.
SV/britt 71st/scot
SV may have the ONE best player on the field though in most games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT