ADVERTISEMENT

South Stanly HFC Vacancy

All General misconceptions. Where are the hard facts on this? Nowhere! And I like how you want to put kids down by stating their "Wussification". Not even true. Or close to it. Contact me directly if you have issues with it. I will be glad to discuss any other fallacies, you may have.

So you are saying that a public school doesn't write a check to the charter school when a kid in their district goes to a charter? You are saying that's a fallacy? The rest is subjective of course. But generally if we fixed our public schools we would not have this issue with country club schools. Also it's the reason. Revenue sports get hit the most as well at those high schools as they take it rather recruit, yeah those lotteries are real blind, enough to hurt some of them. Charters should not be allowed. Go private of you don't wanna fix the issue. Dont create havens for sugarfooting

Reactions: BK13T-$
And hopefully you aren't a coach at said charter. I'd think you should stay off these boards. Especially if you don't know how the charters work. Go ask your charter board how they get the money from students or rather for students.

1. On the contrary. When a student from a school goes to a charter that school writes that charter a check. Physically writes a check. Got that?
///So the public school has smaller enrollments, smaller class sizes, lower classification possibly for the "real athletes"?

2. But our tax dollars should not be paying for kids to develop those characteristics. ///(Do the parents of these students pay taxes?)

3.Solutions? Get the public schools better. I agree. But it's nothing really but segregation just masked in higher learning. Make schools better. Pay better, and make people have to solve problems.
/// (Without discipline policies enforced, how do you make it better? Politically correct policies allow just about any environment to exist. Call it social decline, but without a learning environment, there is no learning.)

4. I understand charters. Disagree with them however. We are already raising a land of kittens, who can't deal with social issues, charters just accentuate that. Be a private school. Or .... Gasp.... Get your butt involved in the public schools to make them better.
///(I think the kittens are in every school....Look...I love the public schools and have no connection to anyone in a charter...but, given a choice, people are choosing to put their kids in charters more and more because the schools we knew are not the same anymore. Kids are running the building. Teachers are leaving in droves...and it isn't a money problem. It is an environment problem.)

In conclusion, I agree with you. Make public schools better. I disagree with labeling all charters. The tax payer deserves results. If charters put pressure on public schools to improve, they should be thanked.

Reactions: CoachFox5
Think they do pay taxes. And your point of number one is exactly what I said not what Coach John Fox said. Or maybe coach Fox thinks his contacting me directly is some kind of machismo. You stay at your charter school big guy.

I do agree on your fourth point. But charters aren't beating kids asses either. You're correct there's no fear in the school. They just kick them out and then what good does that do but put more people on the street. With no skills. I guess the problem I have with the charters is the recruiting part of it but as you said public schools do it too. In a community with a bunch of people. And everyone goes to that school. Opening up a charter school to pull kids out to take funding from that school doesn't make sense to me. And that's exactly what it does. It's not just per student. Has to deal with the building upkeep etc etc all that affects the students.

1. On the contrary. When a student from a school goes to a charter that school writes that charter a check. Physically writes a check. Got that?
///So the public school has smaller enrollments, smaller class sizes, lower classification possibly for the "real athletes"?

2. But our tax dollars should not be paying for kids to develop those characteristics. ///(Do the parents of these students pay taxes?)

3.Solutions? Get the public schools better. I agree. But it's nothing really but segregation just masked in higher learning. Make schools better. Pay better, and make people have to solve problems.
/// (Without discipline policies enforced, how do you make it better? Politically correct policies allow just about any environment to exist. Call it social decline, but without a learning environment, there is no learning.)

4. I understand charters. Disagree with them however. We are already raising a land of kittens, who can't deal with social issues, charters just accentuate that. Be a private school. Or .... Gasp.... Get your butt involved in the public schools to make them better.
///(I think the kittens are in every school....Look...I love the public schools and have no connection to anyone in a charter...but, given a choice, people are choosing to put their kids in charters more and more because the schools we knew are not the same anymore. Kids are running the building. Teachers are leaving in droves...and it isn't a money problem. It is an environment problem.)

In conclusion, I agree with you. Make public schools better. I disagree with labeling all charters. The tax payer deserves results. If charters put pressure on public schools to improve, they should be thanked.
Well said, in correlation, everyone thought the Money was running officials off. When they did the survey last year, it wasn’t money, it was behavior of players, fans and coaches. Now, money was close runner up.

Well said, in correlation, everyone thought the Money was running officials off. When they did the survey last year, it wasn’t money, it was behavior of players, fans and coaches. Now, money was close runner up.
Not sure what that means. People don't want to hear the truth. In actuality it only serves the good football schools actually even better if they have charter schools because you run off the kids and weren't going to play so if it's not that big of a deal. What you have left is the tough kids whose parents know to stick it out or who aren't discriminated against excuse me are discriminating against. Occasionally you'll get a good group of players like Thomas Jefferson had that year. Every official I've talked to said it's money. Good ones are leaving causez the money sucks. We can make up excuses just like you've taken hard hitting out of football It should be a barbarian sport keep it that way. Take back my earlier statements let the cream puff play football at charter schools.

Reactions: BK13T-$
All General misconceptions. Where are the hard facts on this? Nowhere! And I like how you want to put kids down by stating their "Wussification". Not even true. Or close to it. Contact me directly if you have issues with it. I will be glad to discuss any other fallacies, you may have.
It’s not healthy for everyone to have the exact same opinions. The rhetoric also bores me.

BTW you did as good of a job as could have been expected at South Stanly. I keep in contact with a SS booster and he liked you way more than the guy who replaced Little. My bud has zero patience with prima donnas but admires guys with the fire in their belly.

South will be fine. A former Anson coach told me who was on the way. Not a primadona like the guy who followed Little, so whoever your friend is that's a booster (who didn't like the coach who retired in 2014....which was a long time ago...heck, Luke left in 2011) can finally get over whatever causes him so much bitterness. I'm sure the new guy coming in will bring back the days of glory. Good luck to South.

Last edited:
Reactions: ref4e and btango
When it comes to money leaving a traditional school for a charter school (which, by the way, is a public school--that operates under a "charter" created by the school), the only money that leaves the traditional high school for the charter is federal money that falls under EC (or special education as it was once referred to). The EC money follows the student to the charter; however, it the same student decides to go back to the traditional high school, the money does NOT return to the traditional high school. All the other "money" that goes to charter schools comes from taxpayers. Charters are part of the NC Public School system and so receive funding from the same. What hurts traditional schools the most is the number of charters in a district. The higher that number, the more the money to the county from the state gets divided up. The state pays money to a county for ONE school system. Some counties have two, some three (Catawba has Catawba County, Hickory City, and Newton-Conover City). The state doesn't fund three, only ONE. So the boards have to haggle it out for their share. Add in chaters and it gets divided further.

Unless that has changed in the last 2 years. You are wrong. Now the money is given to the school systems based on their enrollment. And no it's not just federal money it is also state money. So you are wrong. Go ask your administrator or your principal at your school what happens with a charter. When a student from a publicly funded city or county school system goes to a charter school. That school system must write of check or as you say transfer money The money that they were allotted per student to the charter school. I don't understand where these people come on here talking extremely correctly about what they think they know. In actuality it's a moot point. The money still gets to the charter school but it doesn't go there the way that you described it. Just so we all know that you're blatant words of exactiveness are not correct.

Schools are funded x n=amount of dollars per student by the state. It was my understanding that when a student is not enrolled at the district school that students funds are lost and follow him to his new public school whether it be his non home districted school, a magnet program, or a charter. If he attends a private/parochial the state does not transfer the funds to another school but the family has the option to request the voucher money from the state if they qualify.

Like the hire. Confess I have not really followed Terry's career but seems like a great fit. Best of luck to him.

Reactions: btango
Can Coach Shankle turn around South ?? My question is what are issue at SSHS from keeping them being good - Is it a Admin issue , Lack of support or funds or ?

They are in a winnable 1A/2A conference imo minus 1-2 teams but I think if South Stanley invest and all they finish as high as 3rd or 4th - I like what done at South Davidson so U see them as well do well n I think SSHS should follow what SD had done imo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT