ADVERTISEMENT

Northwood Head Football Coach Vacancy

I've always said that. Especially over guys that have busted their rear for years to get jobs and just can't say the right thing in an interview.

I think there are a lot of schools that will hire anybody with head coaching experience. It doesn't matter what their record was as a head coach, they just have to have been a head coach.

Some assistant coaches wait and only apply for head jobs at good programs. They often find it difficult to land these jobs without head coach experience. These are the also the guys that often get passed over for outside coaches with head coaching experience when the head coach they work for leaves.

Other coaches take the route of applying for every job that comes open no matter how bad the job is. When they eventually land one, it opens the door for them to continuously move around to other bad jobs that gladly hire them. And if they ever have 1 good season at the bad program, it just might open the door for them to land a decent job.

I don't know which one is the right path to take for coaches, but I do know that quite often the principals making the decisions know very little about what it takes to select the right coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT