ADVERTISEMENT

South Point 16, Rocky Mount 7 - 3A State Championship

We wont overlook anyone but this matchup is very interesting .

Well I know their gonna be better than Cherryville, Bunker Hill, and Highland Tech etc, but with 3 wins I'd say the outcome may be bout like playing this years South Caldwell or if this team had a tougher schedule which isn't hard to do ha ha they might punch in a TD or 2 so yeah of course I wouldn't overlook em'

Would the old system look something like this...
1-Hibriten
16-McMichael
8-West Rowan
9-Forestview
4-South Point
13-East Rowan
5-North Forsyth
12-West Henderson
3-Crest
14-Carson
6-Tuscola
11-Anson
7-Burns
10-Freedom
2-Pisgah
15-West Henderson

Seems that makes more sense.

Well I know their gonna be better than Cherryville, Bunker Hill, and Highland Tech etc, but with 3 wins I'd say the outcome may be bout like playing this years South Caldwell or if this team had a tougher schedule which isn't hard to do ha ha they might punch in a TD or 2 so yeah of course I wouldn't overlook em'
I was talking about not overlooking our 5-6 first round opponent. Of course we wont overlook the overall #1 seed but we gotta win round 1 first .

So how do you like our chances vs hibriten ? you have seen them play , right ?

I've seen Hibriten play 3 times this year. Very good well rounded team. Strong running game and stingy defense. Now they did have to claw their way up to a victory against Watauga and only won by 1 point. Other than that they really haven't played anybody. I mean no offense to the Hibriten community but it is what it is. The conf other than Watauga has been pretty weak this year.

What I was meaning when I said y'all got this was the Forsyth game. Now those guys have a mean schedule and very tough conf. It is Winston Salem area so you can expect them to pack a punch. But I'm sure you guys will previle by at least 10 points.

Now as far as the Hibriten game, if you guys play your cards right it'll be very close. It'll be a winnable game for Burns but only if you play mistake, fumble free ball and take advantage of turnovers if given any

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I've seen Hibriten play 3 times this year. Very good well rounded team. Strong running game and stingy defense. Now they did have to claw their way up to a victory against Watauga and only won by 1 point. Other than that they really haven't played anybody. I mean no offense to the Hibriten community but it is what it is. The conf other than Watauga has been pretty weak this year.

What I was meaning when I said y'all got this was the Forsyth game. Now those guys have a mean schedule and very tough conf. It is Winston Salem area so you can expect them to pack a punch. But I'm sure you guys will previle by at least 10 points.

Now as far as the Hibriten game, if you guys play your cards right it'll be very close. It'll be a winnable game for Burns but only if you play mistake, fumble free ball and take advantage of turnovers if given any
Great assessment burke
..thanks . how many do they have going both ways ?

The conference was weak except for Watauga. However Maiden and West Caldwell aren't pushovers.

About 3 go both ways all the time a couple of dbs rotate at reciever.

Yeah, what Beamer said. He's more of the go-to guy on this board when it comes to Hibriten and some other NW4A/3A conf. Been post boarding with ole' Beamer for years lol

The conference was weak except for Watauga. However Maiden and West Caldwell aren't pushovers.

About 3 go both ways all the time a couple of dbs rotate at reciever.
I figured on more with low numbers on the team.

Crying shame a 12-1 team has to travel to a 9-4 team.
Records aren't everything when you elect to play teams like Shelby, Lincolnton, SC 5A Clover, and Crest for a non conference slate you may suffer a few losses but grow as a team. If we wanted a 12-1 record we would have scheduled North Buncombe, Enka, and Madison.

Question, what will be considered a big/small 3a next year with the new realignment and 4a schools moving down? What were the numbers this year. Thanks in advance

But if your that good y'all should beat us no matter where you play. Lol. Go Big Red!!!
Well Corndog I couldnt find the original post we argued on but I want to say HAHAHAHAHA YOU MORON. Earlier in the year you said Scotty shouldnt be the guy, Mickey wasnt a good coach and the season would go down as one of the worst in SP history and you couldnt have been more wrong. Like many SP fans you think you know everything but in reality you know nothing. Does it suck being held accountable for the stupid things you said?

Bigred1993, once again where did I say it would be one of the worst season in SP history. I still believe somethings but I'm not going there bc our defense won the championship. Our DEFENSE played great all year and oline played good and running backs. Coaches did great.

Reactions: HardCorps82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT