ADVERTISEMENT

NCISAA 8-Man State Championship

May 21, 2020
Friday on the campus of Arendell-Parrott in Kinston, the 3 seed Rocky Mount Academy Eagles (10-2) face the 1 seed Wayne Christian Eagles (11-1) for the state championship. I know 8-man does not get a lot of love here but this game will feature 2 extremely talented athletes. First for Rocky Mount Academy, 2 way star Marti McKnight (Sr), a 6'2 215 pound RB/LB who has rushed 106 times for 1218 yards and 23 td's, he has caught 6 passes for 108 yards and 2 td's and also leads the defense with 80 tackles and 1 int. He is garnering D2 interest. For Wayne Christian, their top player is (Sr) Shiquan Ethridge, a 6'1 205 pound athlete who has rushed 82 times for 1285 yards with 21 td's, caught 23 passes for 588 yards and 11 td's and has helped out on defense at DB with 16 tackles. I know he went to NC State and Virginia on gameday visits and is garnering other interest from all levels. Both these guys are sub 4.5 40 yd dash guys and extremely athletic with good size. This should be a great game at the smallest level of high school football in NC as they both had tremendous seasons. I see Wayne Christian coming out with the trophy as they have a roster with over 40 players and have other pieces to compliment Etheridge. Should be a high scoring game, try to catch high-lites if you can, you will be impressed!

Friday on the campus of Arendell-Parrott in Kinston, the 3 seed Rocky Mount Academy Eagles (10-2) face the 1 seed Wayne Christian Eagles (11-1) for the state championship. I know 8-man does not get a lot of love here but this game will feature 2 extremely talented athletes. First for Rocky Mount Academy, 2 way star Marti McKnight (Sr), a 6'2 215 pound RB/LB who has rushed 106 times for 1218 yards and 23 td's, he has caught 6 passes for 108 yards and 2 td's and also leads the defense with 80 tackles and 1 int. He is garnering D2 interest. For Wayne Christian, their top player is (Sr) Shiquan Ethridge, a 6'1 205 pound athlete who has rushed 82 times for 1285 yards with 21 td's, caught 23 passes for 588 yards and 11 td's and has helped out on defense at DB with 16 tackles. I know he went to NC State and Virginia on gameday visits and is garnering other interest from all levels. Both these guys are sub 4.5 40 yd dash guys and extremely athletic with good size. This should be a great game at the smallest level of high school football in NC as they both had tremendous seasons. I see Wayne Christian coming out with the trophy as they have a roster with over 40 players and have other pieces to compliment Etheridge. Should be a high scoring game, try to catch high-lites if you can, you will be impressed!
No disrespect intended, but why is a school that can get 40 players out for football still playing 8-man?

No disrespect intended, but why is a school that can get 40 players out for football still playing 8-man?
Because the total high school enrollment is less than 220, some years they have more and some less. Wayne Christian had 13 on their roster 1 year. They will be moving to full 11-man in next 2 years, they played three 11- man games this season.

Reactions: new_dawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT