ADVERTISEMENT

South Iredell at Statesville

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
I go ahead and start this thread. South Iredell will travel to Statesville next week 8/27.
Big county rival between the two. Last night’s game South won 51-7 over North Iredell. I noticed the numbers were up from scrimmage. MaxPrep showing 54 players.
I think this game has the potentials of being a good one. If South can play a good clean game they may have chance. They can’t afford to fall behind in this game or it could get out of hand.

With Statesville they won 42-30 over Carson. I read where Carson was down 12 players last night so makes me wander if they wall have a good team. Statesville was down at one point 30-28. But made a comeback run.
Prediction If both teams comes out and plays a good clean game I think I would give it to Statesville 35-28.. if South can catch them on a night of mistakes they can take them. I think if it was next year I definitely give it to South for the win. They will return a core of good talented players. Hopefully no covid issues.

Final Statesville 27 South 14.
Was at the game. The big hurt for South was their RB getting hurt in the 1st qtr. He was on crutches before game ended. South was down 21-0 at HT but played a lot better 2nd half. South however got in the red zone twice but failed to score. I felt like they left couple scores on the field. Not taking anything away from Statesville. They have a good QB and was definitely was the X factor in this game. With South they still showing youth in some areas and making fundamental mistakes. My predictions was Statesville winning by 7. I said South cannot afford to get behind or it could get out of hand. Down 27-0 at one point definitely didn’t help matters but South made good effort coming back. Next year South will be more improved and seasoned. With Statesville losing QB and some other quality players after this season I said I would give South the win coming next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT