ADVERTISEMENT

South Columbus @ East Bladen

Hey folks. I work for Columbus County Schools. I have to say that we are extremely fortunate to have Franklin covering sports in our county. He goes out of his way to be fair and give equal coverage to not only all schools, but all sports at all levels. He maintains schedules and scores for us, goes to as many middle school games as high school, and makes a concerted effort to recognize athletes in some sports besides football, basketball and baseball. And while he does announce for Whiteville Football, he runs the Columbus Cup which helps make broadcasts on WZCO and Live Video streaming possible for the county schools. He also volunteers his time to the county schools to announce during basketball and baseball season. He is a local treasure, and we are very fortunate to have him. Because of Franklin and his work on his own, with the News Reporter and with CCSN and the Columbus Cup, our county schools have better coverage than many of the schools in Raleigh and Charlotte. Franklin doesn't make a big deal about what he does behind the scenes, because that's just the type of person he is. He cares about all sports at all schools. I think if everyone knew all Franklin does they would be amazed!

Believe me there is no one crying from EB. I just made some observations from the game Friday night that is all. If you don't like it, so be it.

Believe me there is no one crying from EB. I just made some observations from the game Friday night that is all. If you don't like it, so be it.

Right. I don't think anyone from EB is crying over losing a tough game to a good team like South Columbus. I've seen some post stating that EB folks are sour grapes and are crying....I'm trying to find it. One poster made a wrong prediction...That happens. But I don't think he came back with negative comments. Putting this game in the past...on to Friday. Best of luck to SC the rest of the way (unless we play in the playoffs LOL)

Reactions: SCHS 96
Nothing but respect for Franklin and Mark. They do heck of job. Looking at News Reporter it looks as though EB player does have ball but at what point? Refs. made the call can't change it. Hate to see a big game come down to this close,but if anything can happen that's questionable it will when big game comes to town. Robbie and coaches did great job just came up short.
Speaking of playoffs,how did Max preps get mixed up with n this picture? How about NCHSAA let ccsn do some of work. I'm sure Mark and Franklin would do great job sorting teams out for playoffs too. Maxpreps kept pitch counts for schools and now football playoffs. I know its hard job but pay ccsn to do some of the work. Just my opinon .

Hey folks. I work for Columbus County Schools. I have to say that we are extremely fortunate to have Franklin covering sports in our county. He goes out of his way to be fair and give equal coverage to not only all schools, but all sports at all levels. He maintains schedules and scores for us, goes to as many middle school games as high school, and makes a concerted effort to recognize athletes in some sports besides football, basketball and baseball. And while he does announce for Whiteville Football, he runs the Columbus Cup which helps make broadcasts on WZCO and Live Video streaming possible for the county schools. He also volunteers his time to the county schools to announce during basketball and baseball season. He is a local treasure, and we are very fortunate to have him. Because of Franklin and his work on his own, with the News Reporter and with CCSN and the Columbus Cup, our county schools have better coverage than many of the schools in Raleigh and Charlotte. Franklin doesn't make a big deal about what he does behind the scenes, because that's just the type of person he is. He cares about all sports at all schools. I think if everyone knew all Franklin does they would be amazed!

I can agree, I see no favoritism at all. I'm thrilled to see these guys putting in hard work week in and week out, especially if I can't make it to a game there's a strong chance they are broadcasting it. Their coverage of sports in our county rivals any in the country as far as I'm concerned.

If my post about the News Repeater being biased was taken as such...I stand by it ....(but just my opinion)....But I didn't imply Franklin was biased...He was just informing us that pics were coming out.....

Maybe my post wasn't worded correctly....

Just wanted to clear that up.....

One poster made a wrong prediction...That happens. But I don't think he came back with negative comments.
Not ONE poster, it was every single poster on the thread, hence the "I see A LOT" of wrong predictions on this thread.

You are wrong about your statement schs96. Research the all the posts again and you will see not ,everyone predicted a score especially me. The only score I posted was a computer generated score prediction. It is my hope that the cards play out right for us to meet. again come playoff time. I see a lot of ifs going forward. A lot of factors.

You are wrong about your statement schs96. Research the all the posts again and you will see not ,everyone predicted a score especially me. The only score I posted was a computer generated score prediction. It is my hope that the cards play out right for us to meet. again come playoff time. I see a lot of ifs going forward. A lot of factors.
I am back and YES I was the only one who predicted a score and YES I WAS WRONG. South has a great team and East is not bad also. I will make a prediction again -- BOTH will win the rest of the regular season --- and will meet in the playoffs with a different result..Coach Dove has done a wonderful job at South and will keep his team rolling, but with the changes Coach Priest has made on O at East -- his team will be hard to stop now and the D is getting better each game. Red Spring had 17 yards total offence last night.

To end all this, this is the thread I'm talking about. Please count how many people picked SC.
https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/3rivers-week-5-predictions.35868/

Still looking for the "crying" and sour grapes" from EB folks.........I'll wait.

Never mind I won't...This game happened two weeks ago. Moving on.

One EB guy said the better team didn't win.... that's sour grapes .... and I'm glad you're finally over it like you've said it's only been 2 weeks ... geeez

One EB guy said the better team didn't win.... that's sour grapes .... and I'm glad you're finally over it like you've said it's only been 2 weeks ... geeez

I think that was a fan from another team that was at the game. Also...it was another SC poster that posted in the thread to bring it back up. Either way...good luck to SC the rest of the way.

I stand by that statement according to all stats that I saw. If you don't like what I posted or my opinion, you know what all y'all can do too. I've been around high school football a lot longer than some of y'all living and breathing. So have at it, because I don't care what any of y'all think.

The team that scores the most points is the better team that night ... rather you like that or not

Reactions: chipshot1
BOTH will win the rest of the regular season --- and will meet in the playoffs with a different result..

So does that mean South will win by more than 1 point?

Or does that mean that since,

with the changes Coach Priest has made on O at East -- his team will be hard to stop now and the D is getting better each game. Red Spring had 17 yards total offence last night.

That its beyond the possibility, contrary to reason, cureless, futile, hardly possible, hopeless, hundred to one, impervious, impractical, inconceivable, infeasible, insurmountable, no-go, no-way, not a prayer, out of the question, preposterous, unachievable, unfeasible, or stands a snow balls chance in hell that South will win if there is a rematch...

huh?

Reactions: SCHS 96
I've been around high school football a lot longer than some of y'all living and breathing. So have at it, because I don't care what any of y'all think.

Dang.....

I wish Scout was still on here....hes been around high school football since the advent of the face mask and the switch from leather......

There is none you from South Columbus or Tabor City ever seen a ten game regular season by team that went undefeated and un-scored on in the Waccamaw Athletic Association. I grant you that. Elizabeth town High done it 1961. I remember it well.

I'll tell you what, you believe what you want and I'll believe what I believe. We look forward to a playoff rematch if the cards fall that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT