ADVERTISEMENT

South Columbus @ East Bladen

I agree with that Wing, this game should have huge conference and playoff implications. This game is very important for our conference, especially with EB defeating the Wolfpack last week. Extremely important game for this early in the season. Eagles have had a tough first half of the season but have not really been slowed down. Hope the Stallions finally hit all cylinders early in this game, they get behind early this Friday and it won't be an easy comeback to say the least. Had some really big defensive plays last week and I am pretty sure we will need a few this week as well. If the Spencer kid has a good night throwing the ball that would really help to the Eagle defense from digging in on every play.

Reactions: WINGT Tradition
I haven't heard anything but it should be. I think most everyone had this game circled when the schedules came out.

Speaking of tv... does anyone know if it'll be broadcast live? I don't know if Bladen County does it? I don't believe our crew will travel to Bladen county

No, unfortunately, Bladen County doesn't live stream games. We don't even radio broadcast anymore!!!

Speaking of tv... does anyone know if it'll be broadcast live? I don't know if Bladen County does it? I don't believe our crew will travel to Bladen county
Hey guys... we'll be at East Columbus and Whiteville --- If anyone goes to the EB game please tweet the score to @colcoschools, @ccsn or @wzco899 -- we'll be on 89.9 FM and Live video on Facebook.

Hey guys... we'll be at East Columbus and Whiteville --- If anyone goes to the EB game please tweet the score to @colcoschools, @ccsn or @wzco899 -- we'll be on 89.9 FM and Live video on Facebook.
Do you guys need gas money to get to East Bladen to broadcast a real game ? Whiteville E.C. will not be much fun to watch..

Reactions: GuardTrapStallion
Do you guys need gas money to get to East Bladen to broadcast a real game ? Whiteville E.C. will not be much fun to watch..
Nope. Just need really, really good internet. We have high speed 40 Mbit in all our press boxes and gyms. I'd love to help Ricky and Joe get back up and running for Bladen County. Those guys did a great job and are really good folks.

Nope. Just need really, really good internet. We have high speed 40 Mbit in all our press boxes and gyms. I'd love to help Ricky and Joe get back up and running for Bladen County. Those guys did a great job and are really good folks.
The EB pressbox does now have Wi-Fi. I do not the the Mbit?

Oh no.....Simmons has EB by 13.....Hope all the Stallion young men see that they are projected to loose by 13, and come ready to play...

Aw man! Wish this game was going to be live. Kelly you're the man for getting it this far though l and it's came a long way since you guys first started broadcasting the games! Thanks!

Yes. I school is down Hwy 87 East going toward Wilmington. Sometimes Google maps will take you to the old high school in E-town. Don't go there. Also, be careful at the intersection of Hwy 701/87 Bypass. Doing construction there and it is very confusing how they have the temporary roads situated.

Reactions: WINGT Tradition
Yes. I school is down Hwy 87 East going toward Wilmington. Sometimes Google maps will take you to the old high school in E-town. Don't go there. Also, be careful at the intersection of Hwy 701/87 Bypass. Doing construction there and it is very confusing how they have the temporary roads situated.
Gotcha thanks!!

No reason in this game that eb should be behind.

Not sure where you get this from, South had two first half turnovers, one that was on east bladens 30 yard line where they were driving well and just over threw a reciever and the other that was at midfield that ended up giving east bladen its only first half points. The better team won tonight. Period. Hats off to a very talented east bladen team, gonna hate to see you guys again in the playoffs. Also hats off to the young men in black and silver and Coach Dove and staff! that puts him up to 3-0 against the eagles! Way to go Stallions!!! Last but not least FANTASTIC support by stallion nation tonight! not a seat in the stands hardly! Keep the train rolling boys!!!

Just so all you S. Columbus posters will know. Congrats on the win. In my honest opinion this was one helluva of a ballgame. As far as anyone of you thinking the better team won,obvious you didn't attend the game. I wouldn't turn around for the difference of either team. We just might meet again come playoff time.

I always think EB/SC are the two baddest dogs in the yard around here.... but like it or not the better team won tonight.

EB had turnovers also. A lot of penalties. EB should have been up at least 14 going into the fourth. Once SC got to the fourth quater the wing t brought it home. Not trying to take anything away from SC. It was a good game, but I would put my money on EB in the playoffs.

One of the best battles I've seen. These two teams are so evenly matched. Honestly they're so evenly matched on offense and defense I think the only differences were the QBs. EB QB just didn't make It happen. SC QB was the difference maker on several big first downs and a TD punch in. Really unbelievable defensive line EB has. SC just came out on top by finding those really really small holes. A win is a win and this game did not disappoint at all.

Last edited:
EB had turnovers also. A lot of penalties. EB should have been up at least 14 going into the fourth. Once SC got to the fourth quater the wing t brought it home. Not trying to take anything away from SC. It was a good game, but I would put my money on EB in the playoffs.

I picked us earlier in the week 22-21 and we came into this game as 13 point underdogs....ill take us again as underdogs when the playoffs come around. Lot of football left to play between now and then tho, definitely cant overlook the wolfpack...they played a very close game with the eagles last week. Just super proud of my stallions!!

SC and EB are class of conference .less see if any spoiler teams out there in next 7 weeks. Congratulations to SC.

We had a lot of penalties and some very questionable calls go against us as well. The long pass where they called interference when the ball was clearly not catch-able and the defender barely put his hands on him. Not to mention we could have scored on our last drive near EB's 20, but we took a knee and then ran two draw plays. EB is lucky we didn't put one in there for rivalries sake. But we are a classy program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT