ADVERTISEMENT

SMC topic.....

KevinFromSwain

May 30, 2001
Far in'em thar hills
Got to thinking, what’s left for this Conference to prove? As a whole the SMC is still racking in State Titles....over thirty and counting. Won regular 1A titles, non split 2A titles and the only conference too win both 1A and 1AA in the same year. So I said self, yes I have good conversations with good ole self, the only thing left is for a Murphy playing at 1AA and Andrews winning a 1A title or the same with Swain, large 1AA and 1A Cherokee to win it all in the same year! Well.... that’s is about all that’s left besides keep on trucking! Done now... y’all have fun now!

I wonder that myself from time to time. I also think about year in and year out how teams in the west are consistent in their winning and records. Mainly brought on by Jones Senior and them forfeiting the season. You just don't see schools on this side of the state do that and even with all the charter schools popping up, it hasn't hurt our area as hard as others.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
I would like that too...but don't think it will happen unless a Swain or Murphy once in a decade or two gets them. We won't ever have the number to play them but in truth we couldn't beat them either.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Murphy last year vs Tarboro would have been a good game.

I’d like to see Swain play East Surry and Tarboro. Hopefully we can make a run in the playoffs this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT