ADVERTISEMENT

SMC brothers.

knight2day

Oct 3, 2010
I noticed on another site that someone who's apparently not a fan of the SMC conference really had some pretty harsh things to say in reguards to the July "all star" game. I'm not sure who he pulls for but I'll put our record against any conference in the state. I'm proud of the teams and kids that play, no matter what school ( except a few ) that represent mountain football. 2 cents worth!!!!

I'm a Plymouth supporter, but I saw that too and would like to add a couple pennies worth! I as a fan look forward to the playoffs each season for two reasons. First, I like to watch the Vikings play and second, I look forward to playing an SMC team in the State Championship. We've been successful enough these last five years to get to face you guys! Gentry and Walsh from Murphy and Robbinsville respectfully are fine gentlemen. I've never been turned down for an interview from either during what is the busiest week of their season. Win or lose, they make themselves available making my job so much easier. I'm look forward to the higher level of competition. Both my boys graduated from Pisgah, so I've been introduced to "Mountain Football". I watched Murphy take on Cherokee one night and Wow was all I could say. Cherokee was down that year, but they certainly were not a Cape Hatteras or Mattamskeet. I tell everyone this side of I-95 that it's an entirely different beast up on the mountain. We know we better bring our A game when we face one of the SMC teams or we'll get embarrassed. I think that person might be jealous of the success of the SMC! We would like to beat you guys every year, but you're just to good. Highest respect from this High School Football Fan!

I think he was West Montgomery fan. Either way I don't care. We keep watching our smc kids play for state titles while other watch there kids play in east/West game. I'll take it.

Reactions: gurnade
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT