ADVERTISEMENT

Bessemer City

Usdi Watali

Aug 23, 2022
I was cruising through MaxPreps and noticed that Bessemer City has no record listed on the site.

Nothing at all, 0-0 it says on their page for the season.

Why is that? Is it a glitch?

I've kept up with them casually for a while now and it seems they are perennial under-achievers, and I mean that in the best way possible.

They have the ability to make some noise, or more, in the playoffs most years but never do so; every time I watch them they have size, speed and talent but can never put it all together, why is that?
They are a bit undisciplined but most teams are to some degree, does anyone know what is goin on over there?

Also, if i'm not mistaken I believe they had some posters who would come on the boards from time to time, are any of y'all still out there?

Click on schedule. Think it said 5-5 on year. Think home page of a lot of teams says 0-0. Part of that super secret sauce stuff I guess.
When the site downloaded the playoff matchup it Cleared many of the records if not all. As Kidd correctly state, click their schedule. Perhaps an old coach did it, as they say the playoffs are a new season.
Thanks for the info, I was concerned lol.

Reactions: thekidd12
BC is a pretty good team. Loses were to 2a-East Gaston, Shelby, Burns, East Rutherford and 3a-North Gaston. They have some pretty good looking players. Their weakness? They can't play a lick of pass defense.

Reactions: Usdi Watali
On Max Prep where it shows 23-24 V Football. You can click on it and then it will show Fall 23-24. Click on it. And then it will pop up last 20 years the team played. You can click on the year to see how your team did.

Reactions: Usdi Watali
On Max Prep where it shows 23-24 V Football. You can click on it and then it will show Fall 23-24. Click on it. And then it will pop up last 20 years the team played. You can click on the year to see how your team did.
See thats how I noticed, I was scrolling through looking at multiple teams and bam, 0-0 for this year for BC.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
BC is a pretty good team. Loses were to 2a-East Gaston, Shelby, Burns, East Rutherford and 3a-North Gaston. They have some pretty good looking players. Their weakness? They can't play a lick of pass defense.
Thats about what I figured, just a team nobody ever talks about that I swear could make a run if they show up and play their best.

I remembered back in ‘94 Bessemer City had a real good team. I saw them play Maiden. The game didn’t turn out well for Maiden. It was like 48-12 Bessemer City win. And they gave Lincolnton in the playoffs all they wanted. Lincolnton that year made it to the 2A State Championship game.

I remember we lost to them 5 years ago in a tight game. It's pretty vague, but I think they had a good team that year. Then we got payback 3 years ago and beat the brakes off them at their place. Rubber match in a week where I hope we have a running clock like we did tonight.

First time Swain played them was in 77'. They finished second in the Southern Foothills behind Maiden. We were the first team to rush for over 100 yards in them that year. Anyway Swain won 14 to 6 in a three yards and a cloud of dust by both teams. Lost to Maiden the following week by 4 points.... sadly we had the ball inside the Blue Devils five yard line and couldn't punch it in, full back laying in the endzone but the ball was marked short of the goal line twice. And it was cold that night. And I got it wrong, thanks to Ridgerunner it was Bandy's Swain played in 77'.

Last edited:
First time Swain played them was in 77'. They finished second in the Southern Foothills behind Maiden. We were the first team to rush for over 100 yards in them that year. Anyway Swain won 14 to 6 in a three yards and a cloud of dust by both teams. Lost to Maiden the following week by 4 points.... sadly we had the ball inside the Blue Devils five yard line and couldn't punch it in, full back laying in the endzone but the ball was marked short of the goal line twice. And it was cold that night.
We played Bandy's in the first round not BC.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain

Won't matter too much against Swain! Their strength is the line of scrimmage (both sides), their run game, and their run defense.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
I remember we lost to them 5 years ago in a tight game. It's pretty vague, but I think they had a good team that year. Then we got payback 3 years ago and beat the brakes off them at their place. Rubber match in a week where I hope we have a running clock like we did tonight.
Looks like you got your wish with that running clock.

• Haha
Reactions: Swain97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT