ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville Western Championship

Hate that each team is without their No. 1 running back ... still expect plenty of fireworks and a packed house.
Real translation of this post, “We’re going to beat Shelby, and we’re going to end any injury excuse in advance”. No worries of any excuse, my guy. You guys better bring your A game, regardless.

Real translation of this post, “We’re going to beat Shelby, and we’re going to end any injury excuse in advance”. No worries of any excuse, my guy. You guys better bring your A game, regardless.
Our excuse at running back is we don't have much depth. I would run Norris some with a 2 back set along with the younger Tate. Maybe even get the 9th grader back there some too. We will for sure see the wildcat with Bridges and Hollifield if he is healthy. Tristan has been so good especially in the playoffs.

When I read that yesterday I knew you would pick up what my man TGT was putting out.... BUT that cryptic post is a bit more than that...

Also injecting a small splinter in there, just in case the unthinkable happened that we beat them , then it would be like, "yeah I posted the other day we wouldn't have our #1 running back also and it hurt us and cost us the game"
Or am I giving you too much credit @TGT lol

Reidsville fans honestly wants us to lose more than they want to win this game.... HA HA HA HA HA

On the Reidsville facebook page, some of their fans already like "Please God beat Shelby" praying to the almighty for help.... ha ha ha ha

They aren't saying a whole lot because last friday night when they heard 16-0 they let out a sigh thinking whew glad we dont have them again..... Then when the final became known their foreheads tightened up, they got tense, and began wondering if they can actually do it this time... They get quiet when they are nervous, but if they beat us there will be thousands of new Reidsville fans on here... LOL either way Ill be having fun win or lose.....

Last edited:

I don’t think redd was our number one back though. Yes he was the number one back last year, but you gotta give Cobb the rock he has division one offers.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Our excuse at running back is we don't have much depth. I would run Norris some with a 2 back set along with the younger Tate. Maybe even get the 9th grader back there some too. We will for sure see the wildcat with Bridges and Hollifield if he is healthy. Tristan has been so good especially in the playoffs.
I don't understand why so much posting about injuries.

Reidsville also has injuries but most posters don't know about them or I guess they would spend as much time crying about injuries, lack of depth, or maybe playing JVs or Freshmen.

This will be a great game with great matchups. Rams Dionte Neal will play Bridges man up and I can't wait to see the two super players in that face-off.

The key to this game will be whether Shelby can successfully pass against one of the best secondaries Reidsville has ever put on the field now that both Neal and Flippen are playing the corners. Throwing to Neal's side of the field is like poking a stick at a rattlesnake. You have to be very, very careful or you will get a lethal bite.

Shelby posters started the injury rumors before their game was finished against FH so they would have excuse when they lose this Friday.

Reactions: Toeriver and KW23
I don’t think redd was our number one back though. Yes he was the number one back last year, but you gotta give Cobb the rock he has division one offers.
Exactly! The kid attended camps, and made himself a prospect at that postion. Per, Mule, that’s the postion that attracted recruiters anyway, despite what he’s looked like on the other side of the ball. Redd was just used as a pawn in that post. Heck, FBC response to it was, “Cobb is good to go”, because that’s who your featured back is/was, regardless. He assumed he was talking about Cobb. Redd has been gone since the preseason. He likely would have filled Tamir Johnson’s role anyway.

How about not reading more into it than it being an opposing fan being nice and saying he hates your RB got hurt? 🤷

Shelby posters started the injury rumors before their game was finished against FH so they would have excuse when they lose this Friday.
Oh please! Dude, that’s a 1500 yard rusher. We hated to lose the kid, period. We were more concerned with beating Forest Hills. That game wasn’t decided till the 4th quartet, just as your game was.

Last edited:
Exactly! The kid attended camps, and made himself a prospect at that postion. Per, Mule, that’s the postion that attracted recruiters anyway, despite what he’s looked like on the other side of the ball. Redd was just used as a pawn in that post. Heck, FBC response to it was, “Cobb is good to go”, because that’s who your featured back is/was, regardless. He assumed he was talking about Cobb. Redd has been gone since the preseason. He likely would have filled Tamir Johnson’s role anyway.
Redd got hurt first couple of days of the season. Adjusting to a season ending injury in August is much more manageable than Thanksgiving. I wish Redd was healthy and I think he would have helped us out on both sides of the ball. In my opinion, I think Cobb would have emerged as 1a and Redd 1b. I really hate to hear any kid has a season ending injury whether it's August or Championship game.

How about not reading more into it than it being an opposing fan being nice and saying he hates your RB got hurt? 🤷
Nah, you know it, and I know it. But, he’s genuinely a good dude, as most of you are. You guys haven’t mentioned Redd all year till now, because he’s obviously been out since the preseason. We all have been on this site long enough to somewhat know each other.

Nah, you know it, and I know it. But, he’s genuinely a good dude, as most of you are. You guys haven’t mentioned Redd all year till now, because he’s obviously been out since the preseason. We all have been on this site long enough to somewhat know each other.
I’ve mentioned him … gone but not forgotten….. he’s still on the roster and has been on the sideline, even when he was in wheelchair.

How many Golden Lions start both ways?
We have several kids going both ways. Due to the transfer portal, we don’t have near the depth we normally have. No one actually starts both ways, but you will see guys contributing on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
Would I rather have Redd playing, of course we all would. Loosing any starter for the year is big... regardless of whether it August or November. TGT is a straight up guy. Shelby and Reidsville have posters that push buttons. He's not one of them

• Love
Reactions: Rammer16

Real translation LA: theTRUEdynasty, 2nd to none, come on fellas, help me out!!!!

Strangely they are missing, they bailed out last week.

It’s Shelby reidsville. Friday night at 730 nothing else matters. Stats, capitals, capitols, droughts, wnchsaa, or que tucker will have no bearing.
Whether it’s talent, coaching or execution, Shelby has had our number lately.
I see it as a toss up, the team that plays with the worst memory will win.
We always say don’t let one play ruin your game, move on. I talked to a DC Friday night that didn’t realize he was down two scores. That’s playing forward.

150 posts about this matchup already. What’s the record for posts for a game on ncpreps?

Reactions: Rammer16

Reidsville also has injuries but most posters don't know about them or I guess they would spend as much time crying about injuries, lack of depth, or maybe playing JVs or Freshmen.

This will be a great game with great matchups. Rams Dionte Neal will play Bridges man up and I can't wait to see the two super players in that face-off.

The key to this game will be whether Shelby can successfully pass against one of the best secondaries Reidsville has ever put on the field now that both Neal and Flippen are playing the corners. Throwing to Neal's side of the field is like poking a stick at a rattlesnake. You have to be very, very careful or you will get a lethal bite.
Neal, as great as he is, will get abused by Bridges on some plays. Great players can’t be guarded by one player, see the NBA. As is Neal, Bridges is different. He has Flippen’s speed, and can cut on a dime. Flippen is a little faster, but it’s marginal. Even Neal will need some occasional help guarding Bridges, a safety over the top. If not, count on Bridges making you pay for it.

Last edited:
Real translation LA: theTRUEdynasty, 2nd to none, come on fellas, help me out!!!!

Strangely they are missing, they bailed out last week.
🤷🏾‍♂️ The respect is there both sides. You guys chirp less whenever you meet the Lions.

Neal, as great as he is, will get abused by Bridges on some plays. Great players can’t be guarded by one player, see the NBA. As is Neal, Bridges is different. He has Flippen’s speed, and can cut on a damn. Flippen is a little faster, but it’s marginal. Even Neal will need some occasional help guarding Bridges, a safety over the top. If not, count on Bridges making you pay for it.
I'm looking for Bridges to get a lot of rushing attempts .

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Gotta love this guy. This is funny coming from you, or is doing it post game your MO?😂😂😂😂 Going into the ‘21 game, you mentioned injuries quite a bit pregame.😵‍💫

Last edited:
Reactions: golden one
Oh please! Dude, that’s a 1500 yard rusher. We hated to lose the kid, period. We were more concerned with beating Forest Hills. That game wasn’t decided till the 4th quartet, just as your game was.
Yall game was decided when FH threw back to back picks. At y’all house. No way they was winning that game after that. I’d say same thing if Reidsville was throwing pic 6s lol

I really hope ktc broadcast could carry this one over nfhs. Whoever runs the feed for Reidsville does a shitty job. Then again I may just go to hickory and watch the hickory Dudley game

• Haha
Reactions: Lion Attack
I really hope ktc broadcast could carry this one over nfhs. Whoever runs the feed for Reidsville does a shitty job. Then again I may just go to hickory and watch the hickory Dudley game

You’re better off just listening to rockingham radio if you’re not going to the Dudley game

Now the nfhs stream of the hickory West Henderson game last week was great good quality the ticker at the bottom worked with the score the time and the down and yardage

It should be streamed, or at least an audio via KTC Broadcasting. Reidsville is going to get a huge gate, regardless. Shelby fans already have buses on tap, with one already filled.

Gotta honest question not throwing any shade on this I'm just genuinely curious. How does Shelby's majay Thompson start the season on crest team and finish the season on Shelby team ???

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Gotta honest question not throwing any shade on this I'm just genuinely curious. How does Shelby's majay Thompson start the season on crest team and finish the season on Shelby team ???
The same way Yung Sherrill transferred from Cherryville to Lincolnton, right before the playoffs, the 2016 season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT