ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby @ Hibriten 4th Rd

Alot of teams are banged up around this time of year, teams that are used to playoffs tend to show this in their practice efforts and sometimes trap games. Some are more banged up than others. Due to Shelby's schedule they maybe more beat up than Hibriten so I can see how Hibriten would be favored. Mt Pleasant is good, but IMO I think the lions are pretty beat up from their schedule. I would have expected them to win by 17 and not 7.

Reactions: Berrysauce2
How's Shelby's qb? If he's out next friday, could open the door for HHS. Ought to be a great game next week.

That was year that I realized that there is a reason you play the GAME, 72.I thought we were going to destroy Bandys in the western championship.On to the championship where we would kill Clinton and the rest is history.Then comes the 1998 season which is my favorite of all time.Go Lions.

Bandys got the #1 seed because they played an endowment game and finished at 11-0 while we were 10-0. I knew they were gonna be tough. It was cold at that game. Markus Tate picked that pass late in the game and the crowd was so big leaning on the fence that it fell over and people rolled onto the sidelines....lol....it was hilarious. Unfortunatey we spent the night in chapel hill and that doomed us for the Championship game the next day. It was close until late in the 4th quarter. We were driving late in Clinton territory. Had a 4th and 1 and we went on two. My guard jumped offsides. We didn't convert the 4th and 6. I'd love to have that game over again.

In '98 we never dreamed of making a championship run. Norris and some great seniors graduated. The thing about '98 is we were a team. No superstars....we just played as a team. I'll never forget those memories!!

Shelby was 1 Hibriten was 2 last week according to the computers. And based on History Shelby is a definite favorite.
After games last night, Hibriten will be favored. May not mean much but you have to look at trends. All computer programs take into consideration not just winning but margin of wins. I think cal preps uses the rate of the rate of change in actual margins vs predicted margins. For math geeks, its called the second derivative (calculus).

As of today, Hibriten and Wallace Rose Hill would be favored the win the 2AA and 2A Championships.

I expected the MP to be a trap game for Shelby as it would have been for SP had we prevailed but in our case home field advantage would have offset that.I don't expect Hib to throw with success and that is going to create a feeding frenzy for those Lion LB's.
On the flip side Shelby isn't the offensive juggernaut of the past and the Panther defense appears to be extremely solid. This is going to make for a very interesting West Final. Good luck to both teams.

Heard on radio show this morning they wanted 10,000 people to come out Friday night. I agree I think any high school football fans would be in for a treat. I reallly don’t think that hibriten will be intimidated and the Shelby show will be fun to watch.

Heard on radio show this morning they wanted 10,000 people to come out Friday night. I agree I think any high school football fans would be in for a treat. I reallly don’t think that hibriten will be intimidated and the Shelby show will be fun to watch.
In 03 we played Bandys in the 4th rd on a Saturday night I think 10K was the estimate

First time in awhile we are not the favorite going into the western finals.

That’s kinda funny Shelby acting like they are the under dog. Come on guys we all know hibriten wil have to play lights out. I do think you willl get the effort from them though most all of these kids played last year and took that fourth round butt whooping.

That’s bs. Y’all are supposed to be here, beat one if not the best team in the state to get here. It’s up to us to knock you off that damn 4 tier pile of rings your standing on. At least the drive for 5 comes through Lenoir!!!

Does Hibriten run the same offense as South Point? I think on video I saw your lineman firing out more head up than South Point’s lineman do.

Na we ususally go spread with qb in shotgun,,, sling it all over the place!!! Be ready

Reactions: HitmanT
After games last night, Hibriten will be favored.
Not entirely sure about that. Shelby just beat the best team in 2A, 2AA 3A and 3AA last week.(SP) I sure wouldn't vote against them.
Im also not sure that Wallace should be favored either, since they play down east among teams that not many know anything about. No common opponents to compare with. They could beat the 4AA champions for all we know, but could also be very very average as is sometimes the case with these Eastern teams. There is just no way to know or to compare. One thing I DO know, when teams come out of the west in 1A 2A and even 3A, to the SC game, we can be sure they are well tested and qualified. I am not sure I can say the same thing about teams coming out of the east.

Why do people write this stuff? Best in 2A, 2AA, 3A, and 3AA? On what basis exactly lol?
On what basis exactly lol?
You been in a cave the last year perhaps? Or the last SEVERAL years? Shelby beat ACR (3AA) , who is playing in the 4th round next week, (and may well play in the title game) and beat SP in their second meeting this year after losing earlier this year. SP won the 3A title going away last year and had much the same team back. How much more "basis" do you need? Would you like more examples? Basic history on NC 2A football help you any? Bottom line: I would not be confident that ANY team in NC 1a-4a could line up and reliably beat Shelby, OR South Point.

My goodness. No, I'm well aware of ACR. I also know that last year doesn't mean squat and no team you mentioned would want to play with Charlotte Catholic, imo the best team in 3A. What I see coming from you is a bunch of hype before all the games have even been played out, based on your over the top personality.

If you really think there are 3A and 4A teams that wouldn't be confident stepping on the field with Shelby and South Point you're the one living under a rock, as if your area is the only one in the state that knows how to play football. Smh...

Reactions: Berrysauce2
SP would more than hold their own against Charlotte Catholic,,,,No matter WHERE they get their players from. I wouldn't bet against them or Shelby either in a game with CC.

Reactions: my_2cents
Cleveland county teams are, in fact, often the best NC football has to offer any class or size. Not just Shelby. they alternate years down there. Some years it is CREST, Some SP, almost every year Shelby in 2a. So often in fact they should just rename the trophy as the Golden Lion award for the 2AA championship. Then there is Burns near there. Did I miss any? That is the Aberdeen Proving grounds of NC football. You get through all of those and you can lay claim to being the best NC has to offer. I do not live in Cleveland County or anywhere near it. I think you need to do some research on NC football history, especially recent history.

Reactions: my_2cents
Good Lord, you really are stark raving mad... I'm more than familiar with Shelby and Crest and Cleveland county football. Not to mention NC high school football history. That said, they would not beat or even compete with the best teams in 4A. Crest doesn't win the 3A title every year, and using ACR is weak because West Forsyth beat them and West just lost in the second round of 4AA. They're not even an elite 4A team. Heck, North Davidson used to give West Forsyth fits.

Charlotte Catholic gets most of their players from their middle school feeder program, yep most of those midgets just know how to play football. I'd say more but Cougar14 has beaten that horse to death already... Do your own research and don't just spout off at the mouth about things you don't know.

These games haven't even played out and you act like you just know who the best teams are regardless of class already. Lmao, smh...

Reactions: beamer24
One thing is for sure. Hibriten will not get their butts kicked by South Point this year. Only because they don't play them. SP will have to watch Shelby kick their butt. If the Lions bring their A game it'll be similar to last years western final.

BlackNightNut is hoping they can steal a championship before they are a true 2A school. Nervous chatter I guess........ North Davidson, 2AA?????? 4A in disguise

One thing is for sure. Hibriten will not get their butts kicked by South Point this year. Only because they don't play them. SP will have to watch Shelby kick their butt. If the Lions bring their A game it'll be similar to last years western final.
I'll save you a seat if you want 1.

BlackNightNut is hoping they can steal a championship before they are a true 2A school. Nervous chatter I guess........ North Davidson, 2AA?????? 4A in disguise
Yeah the state needs to leave theses school in the classification the numbers have them in at the time and not drop them down based on possible future numbers. Wait till they are down to those numbers.

Meh. All we can do is play the teams we were made to. Take it up with the nchsaa. Not our problem. Also, you mean 3A. We should be 3A, not 4A or 2A. And all of us will tell you that.

Not to interrupt but someone said West Forsyth beat ACR this year ... ACR has only lost one this year and that was to Shelby

Y’all continue ;) Friday should be a good one Hibriten is gonna be tough no doubt

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
We at Shelby know we are up against a heck of a team. They have an outstanding defense like we do and a speed ball at Rb

Hibriten is a great place to watch a ball game even with the small visitors side ... great atmosphere and good folks over there to hang and watch a game with ... get there early and bundle up because good lord it gets cold up on that hill ... coldest I’ve ever been was at that field

Should be an outstanding hard fought defensive battle
Super nice fans ....very respectful . Best of luck to your boys SL.

Reactions: beamer24
It should come up. North Davidson kept all rising juniors and seniors from 1634 admn last year. 4A football team? Well yes!!!!! Not just footbal, all sports.

Again, according to the 20-30-30-20 format, we would have been large 3A. But if you keep saying 4A enough times, maybe people will believe it. Fact of the matter is, our 2A size JV sophomores and freshmen went 10-0 and won by an average of 44-5. Don't worry, we'll be here for a bit. Might as well get used to it...

Reactions: ohio tarheels
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT