ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby @ Hibriten 4th Rd

beamer24

Jul 16, 2009
Lenior
Well this will be Hibriten's 5th regional final appearance in school history. I hope we can get over the hump. Glad the game is in Lenoir. That place will be packed.

Well you guys know I know Shelby very well and have only watched Hibriten 3 times and tonight was the 3rd time. Now if I had to bet money I'm gonna say Shelby, because well... Shelby BUT man hibriten ain't no joke tho. I do not believe that hibriten even had 1 pass tonight. That's not gonna cut it guys against Shelby tho. But hibriten pass defense was pretty darn good also and boy can they make the QB awfully nervous sending guys flying back their. This game is actually pretty close imho. Hibriten has got to throw the ball to get the guys out of the box if not it's not gonna be tuff. Either way both programs should be SOO PROUD OF YOUR PROGRAMS CHANGRATS ON 4th round

ol ya how is Malik ?

I think this will be a low scoring affair and one mistake could prove to be the difference. If Hibriten makes the mistakes it made tonight, Shelby wins 21-7. If Hibriten cuts down the penalties and doesn't cough up the ball, they win 13-7.

We are use to 8 in the box. I was wondering if these teams ever played against each other before? "If you're gonna be the man you have to beat the man" Rick Flair. Shelby is the man. Should be a great game!

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
In my humble opinion, you will have a hard time beating Shelby if you can't stretch it out some. Their defense is just too good. Whether Shelby can score that is the biggest question. If you allow them to put 14 or 21 on the board and have to play from behind, Shelby will be back in the Ship going for 5 in a row. Good luck to both teams

I think Hibriten plays to their strengths. If it’s run run run and it works then they’ll stick to that, but I’m pretty sure that after so many years coaching that Lewis is aware of a need to prob pass when needed and no doubt they practice pass plays and are ready to execute.

The speed at wide out is there no doubt. The speed at defensive backfield is there. If they did what they had to do to keep Robinson in check and put Newton Conover away then they should handle business. I watched the FFN with Shelby and Hibritens games. I think Hibriten will have a bigger punch on both sides of ball than Mt Plesant.

The two passes they threw last night looked like middle school plays. They would rather stretch the field horizontally and hit counters to take advantage of over pursuit.

We at Shelby know we are up against a heck of a team. They have an outstanding defense like we do and a speed ball at Rb

Hibriten is a great place to watch a ball game even with the small visitors side ... great atmosphere and good folks over there to hang and watch a game with ... get there early and bundle up because good lord it gets cold up on that hill ... coldest I’ve ever been was at that field

Should be an outstanding hard fought defensive battle

IMO Hibriten cannot turn the ball over and will need to complete a few passes. Both of those things have given us trouble throughout the year. I think our defense can keep us in the game regardless.

Please stop now.They are 14 and 0 for a reason with a butt stomping of JM.

Shelby would be 14-0 too if they played Hibriten's schedule. They beat Newton-Conover by 1 point. Hibriten is not in the same league as Shelby and it will show on Friday.

The 2AA Western Final was played a week ago in Belmont.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Shelby would be 14-0 too if they played Hibriten's schedule. They beat Newton-Conover by 1 point. Hibriten is not in the same league as Shelby and it will show on Friday.did it go last night

The 2AA Western Final was played a week ago in Belmont.
That makes no sense at all.If we had played Mt P's schedule we may have been 13 and 0.How would that have helped last night?

We won’t out athlete Hibriten, but we eat one dimensional running teams for breakfast, that plays right into the strength of our defense, and before someone mentions South Point, they could throw when needed. Hibriten will need to complete a few passes, indeed.

That makes no sense at all.If we had played Mt P's schedule we may have been 13 and 0.How would that have helped last night?

Shelby won last night. You act like they lost.

I know Shelby fans were expecting an easy win but the game was a classic trap playoff game. Considering that Shelby has a target on its back every time it steps on the field, the win was a good one. One of those games a good program has to tough it out.

Hibriten is a decent team and yes they are 14-0, but like I said, Shelby would be 14-0 with that schedule. Shelby has played the tougher schedule and is the better team.

And that's just the truth.

'97....I was the center on that team! :cool:

49-14...I have the game film...lol
That was year that I realized that there is a reason you play the GAME, 72.I thought we were going to destroy Bandys in the western championship.On to the championship where we would kill Clinton and the rest is history.Then comes the 1998 season which is my favorite of all time.Go Lions.

This will be Shelby's 12th out of the last 15 years. Pretty dang impressive, honestly.

It is impressive '72. I think a lot of people take for granted what Shelby does year in and year out but they shouldn't. Shelby has been doing this since my parents were kids (and that's a long time ago lol). They are the class of NC high school football and even when they aren't fielding a dominate team, they still find ways to win.

btw, the second round win against South Point this year was one of Coach Ware's best wins at Shelby. After the first game, I figured Shelby would be fired up but I still thought South Point had the edge. Ware had his team ready to play and I was just flat out impressed by their performance in that game.

What is the word on Ware? I keep hearing rumors a number of SC teams are making a push for him.

He will be ready for battle next week.
Sorry fan base at Mt Pleasant was booing him when he went down with the injury. There are some cold hearted people out there, and adults acting this way is terrible a example for young people. Off my soap box now.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Nobody was booing !! Ref didnt call injury timeout when they saw he was hurt .. don't give is a bad name . That's terrible man to even start that

Nobody was booing !! Ref didnt call injury timeout when they saw he was hurt .. don't give is a bad name . That's terrible man to even start that
If they we’re blaming the official I’ll accept that, but it didn’t look good on ourside, and yes they were booing.

Yes we were blaming the official. He clearly was hurt I heard it up in the stands and they let him try and play . So we was wondering why the officials didnt stop the game. No one ever wants to see anybody get hurt that's just evil.

Reactions: HitmanT
In my humble opinion, you will have a hard time beating Shelby if you can't stretch it out some. Their defense is just too good. Whether Shelby can score that is the biggest question. If you allow them to put 14 or 21 on the board and have to play from behind, Shelby will be back in the Ship going for 5 in a row. Good luck to both teams
FWIW, Hibriten will be favored in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT