ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby @ Hibriten 4th Rd

Looks to me like there are 3A teams with the 20/30/30/20 format with higher numbers than us, using our adm from this year. Even if you use our adm from last year, we would be 3A according to the numbers of the lowest numbered 4A teams.

To the question of JV, like any other school if a freshman or sophomore is good enough he gets moved up. Our freshmen and sophomores have 2A numbers. How is our sophomores and freshmen playing other sophomores and freshmen an advantage?

So, my question is what would you have us do? We were told to come down to the Central Carolina Conference and play what amounted to a Davidson County league, sans South Rowan and Salisbury. Oak Grove opens with sophomores and freshmen, so we can't send our seniors and juniors over there, we keep them. Therefore we end up with 3A numbers in four classes.

What is your solution? I say we should have been 3A for a year or two, then come down. But that's not how it works. You can cry like an infant until you're blue in the face, but it doesn't make a difference. Take it up with the nchsaa. Maybe you can write them an open letter lol...

Shelby an underdog? Just can't see it. Shelby curb stomped a team we beat by 1.
But you played a team that had their biggest threat playing and you still pulled it off by one point....Shelby played a Newton team that was still in the process of trying to figure out their plays because of the Stinson kid being kicked off...he was 50% of their offense...

Ok north Davidson guys go back east, this is our thread. I could care less about nd right now.

Shelby is the favorite. Just a lot of wishful thinking occurring with some people on this board.
If you saw any(or enough) of the game Friday, Shelby looked a bit beat up and seemed to play like it, so I would expect Hibriten to be the favorite. If you ever played on a playoff type of team in high school, or went to all the practices you know even a fully healthy team seems sluggish and spent in practice around 3rd and 4th rounds. Tough schedules prepare you really well, but they take their toll once in a while even if there are no serious injuries. They're good to have but there's a balance.

They're good to have but there's a balance, so I would think Hibriten would be the favorite.

You can think what ever you want but Hibriten isn't the favorite nor or they going to beat Shelby.

btw, Hibriten better hold on to the ball Friday or this game could get ugly for them.

Last edited:
You can think what ever you want but Hibriten isn't the favorite nor or they going to beat Shelby.

btw, Hibriten better hold on to the ball Friday or this game could get ugly for them.
I think our coaches and players all realize we have to play A LOT better and not fumble 6 times or have 27 false start penalties to be able to advance past Shelby

Well congratulations to Hibriten for the nice surprise! If they played again tomorrow, I would still pick Shelby, but perhaps HHS finally lived up to their billing we hear about every year. Since the 2aa title usually goes to a western team, maybe, just MAYBE this actually IS Hibriten's year. I dont even know who they play in the title game but wish Hibriten whatever luck they have coming to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT