ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Fans

Crestuff

Oct 24, 2009
Why did Shelby Star report on a Basketball Player Jaiden Hunt transferring to Shelby just seemed odd.

• You meant, "did not". Because, obviously, it was no big deal. You're acting as if that's Zion Williamson transferring or some big college recruit, period. He's a good player from a 1A school who will help our basketball team a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Why did Shelby Star report on a Basketball Player Jaiden Hunt transferring to Shelby just seemed odd.
My bad, bro. I didn't think they reported it, until I went to look online. I don't read the paper that much until football season. Yeah, that was odd indeed, because it's no big deal, in my opinion, for the reasons I stated in my earlier post.

Reactions: Crestuff
Wondered that myself when I saw it online. Thought he had to be hot commodity to get that kind of coverage.

I remember when the Surratt kid transferred to Lincolnton there was news coverage.

Reactions: ct147
Newspapers prob got fed the story by parents or booster club... I'm pretty sure that's how that generally works out

I think this story came from Gastonia where the Star's sister paper is located. Seems like we get more Gaston County news in our paper than Cleveland County news.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Shelby Fans i just saw that T. Scott is back at Shelby after coming to Crest mid year last year. It gives the Lions more speed some where as if they needed it lol. The rich getting richer

Shelby Fans i just saw that T. Scott is back at Shelby after coming to Crest mid year last year. It gives the Lions more speed some where as if they needed it lol. The rich getting richer
Crest has 3 new people I heard . I think your record is 6 in one year?

Crest has 3 new people I heard . I think your record is 6 in one year?
4 new people, two twins from Kings Mountain, one from Virginia who plays defense, and a quarterback. This was told to me from a Crest guy.

I'm glad you picked up on what my man, Crestuff, is doing, he think he's being slick, trying to come off as casually informative. We could get a new waterboy, and he'd let it be known on here.

I was actually annoyed by Scott coming back to Shelby, though. I value loyalty, the flipping flopping from Shelby to Crest, then back to Shelby has gotten old. He left Shelby mid season, because he was dissatisfied in the amount of carries he was getting after Brooks was dismissed from the team. His coming back to Shelby was no big deal to me. We have runningbacks, including a rising sophomore who is going to be a heck of back.

Last edited:
4 new people, two twins from Kings Mountain, one from Virginia who plays defense, and a quarterback. This was told to me from a Crest guy.

I'm glad you picked up on what my man, Crestuff, is doing, he think he's being slick, trying to come off as casually informative. We could get a new waterboy, and he'd let it be known on here.

I was actually annoyed by Scott coming back to Shelby, though. I value loyalty, the flipping flopping from Shelby to Crest, then back to Shelby has gotten old. He left Shelby mid season, because he was dissatisfied in the amount of carries he was getting after Brooks was dismissed from the team. His coming back to Shelby was no big deal to me. We have runningbacks, including a rising sophomore who is going to be a heck of back.
Initials of the back? Also who do think will be our WR's?

Initials of the back? Also who do think will be our WR's?
Donye Fuller, nephew of Darius Fuller, the receiver from last season, is going to be a quality back, good receiver out of the backfield, too. He will wear number 8 just as his uncle did the previous season.

I think the starting receivers will be
Maleek McMullens
Tucker Greene (Thomas Jefferson transfer)
Jhalen Cannon/MJ Allen
Zondre Cherry: has been impressive thus far

Cannon has been injured, but returned yesterday, and looked good from what I was told.

Last edited:
Reactions: HitmanT

the two recruited players from KM are not twins but are brothers, one will be a senior the other a junior both are very good athletes.

Dony'e

Donye Fuller, nephew of Darius Fuller, the receiver from last season, is going to be a quality back, good receiver out of the backfield, too. He will wear number 8 just as his uncle did the previous season.

Maleek McMullens
Jhalen Cannon/MJ Allen

Cannon has been injured, but returned yesterday, and looked good from what I was told.
I am surprised Pettis is not on that list.

That kid from TJ got a little speed but he kinda small he play some WR/DB for TJ and in his JV years QB he has issues with shoulder/collar bone during all seasons at TJ

Im surprised Scott didn't stay we have no WR's the best 2 we got might be indelible due to grades

Im surprised Scott didn't stay we have no WR's the best 2 we got might be indelible due to grades
It probably would have been in his best interest. When you leave or quit, other young men develop. He's a good back, but it's going to be hard for him to just walk right in and take a position.

Last edited:
Will Shelby be willing to schedule IMG In 2018/19 with the talent they have? Thanks.

That kid from TJ got a little speed but he kinda small he play some WR/DB for TJ and in his JV years QB he has issues with shoulder/collar bone during all seasons at TJ

The TJ kid is a gamer trust me. The kid can play and he will fit perfect as a 2nd or 3rd option. He was doubled, triple teamed and always faced the teams best DBs last year. The DBs he faced from Blacksburg and MICS was skilled too. Now he will have no double teams and may face the 2nd or 3rd best DB. He's going to be productive.

No....he quit after the first game against NOGA (he ran a 35 yd TD in 4th qtr).....He made the decision to concentrate on wrestling, and based off what had happened the year before when KM went to the 4th Rd, several wrestlers missed a lot of tournaments and mat time. He said he wanted the mat time more.

KM former players not twins. As KM2ASU said, the oldest is a wrestler. Think that is his first love. Was told he would be a great addition to the Crest wrestling team. The younger brother is the football player. I think the kid from VA was originally at Crest Middle but the family moved, military I heard. The young QB is the son of a former Charger and looks to have a great skill set. The best part of this summer has been the news about Coach Eddins. Quality coach and man, plus the plates are banging in the weight room.

Reactions: Crestuff

Maleek McMullens
Jhalen Cannon/MJ Allen

Will Shelby or Crest schedule IMG with their talent? Will they play IMG in 2018/19 at their house not in Fla.. What dates do they have open if anybody knows? Thanks.

Who cares about IMG lol?
If you guys want to be one of the top teams national and not just in Shelby then play the best so fans nationally can see what Shelby and Crest is all about. You should expand your horizon man and it is what it is you got to play the game like the top teams to be among the Elites. Thanks and enjoy your 4th of July Crestuff. Peace i'm out man.

Nobody on Crest or Shelbys team cares about IMG or ever heard of it... I'm sure you guys or a national recruiting machine that's why you bumping your gums! Teams here do just fine putting kids on a D 1 level

Wi
If you guys want to be one of the top teams national and not just in Shelby then play the best so fans nationally can see what Shelby and Crest is all about. You should expand your horizon man and it is what it is you got to play the game like the top teams to be among the Elites. Thanks and enjoy your 4th of July Crestuff. Peace i'm out man.
Will there be rings/bling for this game? We like rings.

Reactions: smashmouth5
Nobody on Crest or Shelbys team cares about IMG or ever heard of it... I'm sure you guys or a national recruiting machine that's why you bumping your gums! Teams here do just fine putting kids on a D 1 level
Man you got to expand your horizon stop living in a bubble their is a lot of places bigger than Shelby and Crest it would be a good educational experience for you and your kids at Crest and Shelby aren't we are suppose to expose the kids to new things so they can grow and be better kids? I bet if you would do a survey of the kids on both teams and ask them if they would like to have the opportunity to play IMG or another program like Don Bosco I bet you will get more yeses than a no's. Let the kids play and have fun. Have a bless and safe holiday. How many of your kids ever been to Florida or California to Disney World?

Keep your Florida sweat box I will take my beautiful NC MTNS any day of the week lol
You no sunshine is good for the body you can get your necessary dose of vitamin D from the sun plus do you know if you are sick and if you sit out side each day for at 15/20 minutes you will get well quicker? The MTNS are good I love the mountains but there isn't nothing like walking in the sand and getting some sand between your toes I bet your kids would have some fun on the beaches in Florida or California spend some of that money Shelby and Crest make off of their football program with a 7000 seat stadium at Shelby you guys got to bring in about $80,000 or more just from the tickets sell not talking bout all the other items you sell spend some of that money you're made over the years and bring your football teams to California or Florida to play some of the Elites teams in the country you are Elite in NC get out and spread your wings man? Have a good and safe holiday. Peace.

Man you got to expand your horizon stop living in a bubble their is a lot of places bigger than Shelby and Crest it would be a good educational experience for you and your kids at Crest and Shelby aren't we are suppose to expose the kids to new things so they can grow and be better kids? I bet if you would do a survey of the kids on both teams and ask them if they would like to have the opportunity to play IMG or another program like Don Bosco I bet you will get more yeses than a no's. Let the kids play and have fun. Have a bless and safe holiday. How many of your kids ever been to Florida or California to Disney World?

The reason you are constantly on here begging for teams to play you is that NOBODY wants to play your pumped up high school all star team nor should they. Shelby and Crest play HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. IMG does not. Its a prep school for Division 1 athletes.

Go play Gorman, go play Aquinas, Bosco or the other 4 or 5 regional or national recruiting powers. Then play split squad scrimmages for the rest of the season.

There is a reason you arent allowed in the Florida high school playoffs. You dont play high school football. Crest and Shelby or any other NC school have as much business playing IMG as they do playing App state or ECU. They would be at a HUGE competitive disadvantage. It has zero to do with being scared or getting a " educational experience".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT