ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby at Crest

The bathroom situation at Crest is pretty bad. There’s a men’s and a women’s on that side right? Hell just tell anyone watching that you’re “confused” about your gender identity. Now you have two choices!
Don't confuse us with the South Point faithful. They don't know what they are or where to go so they just go on themselves.

I'm not trying to be funny or trolling. If Shelby does lose, when was the last time they started a season this far in a hole? For us, a few years back we opened against the county teams with wins but laid an egg against the next three. NW Guilford, Andrews and Northern beat us. Andrews wore us out.

I'm not trying to be funny or trolling. If Shelby does lose, when was the last time they started a season this far in a hole? For us, a few years back we opened against the county teams with wins but laid an egg against the next three. NW Guilford, Andrews and Northern beat us. Andrews wore us out.
2011, I think?

That was meant for Rev. He said our well was running dry. Your right JV has no bearing on Friday but it may for the future young man.

You never know about the future. With the economy booming you never know what kind of kids will be moving to the area with their folks in the coming years. Those kids might happen to be good at football and want to play big time football over in Charger Nation.

Reactions: Crest9496
2012, definitely

You never know about the future. With the economy booming you never know what kind of kids will be moving to the area with their folks in the coming years. Those kids might happen to be good at football and want to play big time football over in Charger Nation.
Oh I forgot y'all played big time football since you let a small 2A school beat you the last two years.

I was very impressed with the Shelby JV QB. Kid showed great poise and threw a pretty ball. Quick as lightning also.
Crest QB showed he still needs another year on JV to hone his skills. He throws a pretty ball also but ball handling skills need much work.

Thought about this matchup all week. I am going to go against the grain and say Shelby bounces back and win this game 17-14. In my opinion this is a must win for Shelby and their season. I believe Shelby’s defense will rise to the occasion in this game. Shelby’s qb will need to run for some first downs to make this happen however.

Thought about this matchup all week. I am going to go against the grain and say Shelby bounces back and win this game 17-14. In my opinion this is a must win for Shelby and their season. I believe Shelby’s defense will rise to the occasion in this game. Shelby’s qb will need to run for some first downs to make this happen however.
Shutdown I respect your opinion as you and I were the only posters that gave the Dogs a shot at beating Shelby but I really think Crest rolls.

Shutdown I respect your opinion as you and I were the only posters that gave the Dogs a shot at beating Shelby but I really think Crest rolls.
If Shelby comes out like they did last week, yes its over quick. If they use the pieces they have correctly and the players play as one unit, it will be competitive. Lot of "ifs" but that's with every team.

Excitement abounds. Hoping coach eddins has our guys focused and that we can be physical on both sides of the ball. This is best matchup in the state tradionally, and of course you can throw the records out. Emotions under control and executing gameplans are big keys. Tons of respect for coach ware and staff. See this being 34-31 for our mighty chargers!!!

If Shelby comes out like they did last week, yes its over quick. If they use the pieces they have correctly and the players play as one unit, it will be competitive. Lot of "ifs" but that's with every team.
It'll be a great game. These two teams bring the best out of each other. People, including you have counted Shelby out in the past, I never fall for that. To many good football players over there. They're young, they'll improve. The offensive line should be your concern if it steps up we'll have a good one my friend..

I don’t think Shelby will get blown out but if the Lions do lose badly than their season will go down hill fast. Shelby’s defense is pretty strong but they stayed on the field too long last week. SP’s defense hung in the game with Crest but couldnt account for qb runs. Also I am not sold on the Crest passing game as of yet. Coach Ware has no choice but to adjust his offense which I think he will do. If Shelby can’t rest their defense some than Crest will eventually wear them down. I expect a really competitive game. Also your dawgs are a better team than some have given than credit for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Let me add this. Shelby has to match the physicality of Crest or it will be over early. Crest has a couple of defenders who will absolutely put the wood on you and the Crest backs run hard. Last week the Bulldogs were way more physical than the Lions. Shelby had to change that to turn their season around.

Reactions: HitmanT
Crest watched film from last week and I'm sure they saw that if you pressure Bess any at all he crumbles. Crest is bigger, faster especially the DB's than Burns. Crest wins big.

Reactions: DaBombDropper1
Excitement abounds. Hoping coach eddins has our guys focused and that we can be physical on both sides of the ball. This is best matchup in the state tradionally, and of course you can throw the records out. Emotions under control and executing gameplans are big keys. Tons of respect for coach ware and staff. See this being 34-31 for our mighty chargers!!!

Can’t see that many points being scored unless the game goes into OT or Shelby’s defense would have to score some points.....both of these teams pride themselves on defense. Shelby’s had problems scoring this year and Crest has a really good defense so if Shelby scores 31 coach Ware has done a heck of a job all in one week. Our DC might have the BIG ONE if Shelby did score 31 lol. Shelby does have a lot of explosive players so who knows....that’s why you play the game. This game is likely to come down to TOs penalties mistakes and like you said which team can best execute their game plan.

Crest fans must not get over confident. As Crest9496 said, the game will come down to turnovers, penalties and mistakes. If Crest gets any of those 3 at the wrong time in a drive it could kill any chances of scoring.
Shelby will definitely need some breaks to win this game. KO or Punt return for TD. Defensive score. Crest DB's have to keep the Shelby receivers in front of them at all times. Bess is always looking downfield.
Here's to another great game in this series.

Shelby will NOT score 31 points tonight. Crest defense is pretty good. Even the defensive backs are looking good. Crest D will rush 3-4 every snap and wait for the sacks and picks to come. Looks more like a low scoring affair to me. 24-10 Crest comes out on top.

Reactions: XChamp15
Can’t see that many points being scored unless the game goes into OT or Shelby’s defense would have to score some points.....both of these teams pride themselves on defense. Shelby’s had problems scoring this year and Crest has a really good defense so if Shelby scores 31 coach Ware has done a heck of a job all in one week. Our DC might have the BIG ONE if Shelby did score 31 lol. Shelby does have a lot of explosive players so who knows....that’s why you play the game. This game is likely to come down to TOs penalties mistakes and like you said which team can best execute their game plan.
Leaving in a few mins,did you want to come over and sit in the shade with us?

Welp I missed this one big time. 27-6 Crest 3qrt. Wow that interception for TD is the dagger. A play like that will take the fight out of a team.

Reactions: Swo_05
Saw this one coming. How many times did they sack Bess? Holds on too long and has no blocking. Can’t say much. Burns got stomped too.

Congrats to the Chargers. Better team won this one tonight. Good luck the rest of the year.

Reactions: Swo_05
Good win by the Chargers. This Shelby offense is more painful to watch than last year. Two fluke offensive TDs in two weeks. May want to run an offense that your personnel can execute, because this ain’t it. Crest dominated up front, but it’s hard not to when you know a team is going to throw 80% of the time.

How many times did that kid throw the ball? I ain’t going to rub it in. I really want to know

How many times did that kid throw the ball? I ain’t going to rub it in. I really want to know
Enough that he will have to ice his arm like a pitcher to be ready to throw another 50 times next week against KM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT