ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby at Crest

Crest vs Shelby. Throw out everything you think you know about each team and expect the unexpected. Crest will probably be the favorite, but I have no doubt Coach Ware will have the Golden Lions ready to play their best game. X and O's this is a line of scrimmage game. How well does the Shelby OL hold up vs a very good Crest DL? Can Crest get the ground game going vs Shelby's defense? Little different perspective this year. My son plays for the JV Chargers and this is his first Charger/Golden Lion game. He is already fired up for what should be a great game Thusday night too.

Game will be tight as always. Shelby will come in hungry after disappointments against ACR and Burns. Crest will need to cut down on mistakes and penalties because you can’t give a team like Shelby extra chances.

Game will be tight as always. Shelby will come in hungry after disappointments against ACR and Burns. Crest will need to cut down on mistakes and penalties because you can’t give a team like Shelby extra chances.

Shelby was supposed be hungry against Burns after ACR.
Footsoldier was right about the sandbagging

Crest wins 35-10

Reactions: Swo_05 and beamer24
Shelby was supposed be hungry against Burns after ACR.
Footsoldier was right about the sandbagging

Crest wins 35-10

Should have been but they also played a team they’ve trucked at all levels for past few years. That isn’t same as Crest.

I think it was 2007...Shelby won every game that year except two...the state championship and Crest...Crest was mediocre at best that year.

2011...Crest went 1-2 the first three games...losses to Shelby and Burns...but Crest still made it to the state championship, while Shelby failed. Crest lost the ship as well

2003 Crest lost three games straight. One of which belonged to Shelby...Crest won state that year.

The better teams do not always win in this rivalry

since Im an innocent bystander in this one, Crest runs away with this one. Shelby's energy and D will keep it close for a bit. The only thing that will stop Crest in this one will be Crest. I see them controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Gonna find out everything you need to know about how Shelby's season will go next Friday... If the Chargers blow them out, Shelby is in for a long long season, possibly their first loosing season since, when? Hell I don't know. (Seriously when's the last time Shelby had a losing season?) If Crest wins a close one, that might hurt Shelby's "pride" even worse (always was able to handle getting beat by 50 better than getting beat by 1)... If Shelby is 1-3 this time next week, staring down KM, and with South Point still out there, I see at least 5 losses for Shelby, at best...

On the flip side, this game could turn everything around for the Golden Lions also.. If they come out and beat Crest, it'd be a huge boost and could kick start a classic Shelby "run"... Things can turn around quickly and you just never know, Burns last night as the perfect example.

Prediction? Crest 24 - Shelby 20

This game will be a toss up, SHELBY will be angry and CREST will be over confident so to me it a toss up.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. I think those of us that have been a part of this rivalry for as long as we have know that you can throw everything that has happened in the past, whether it be the past few weeks or years, out the window. Both teams will be fired up and ready to play Friday night. Both coaches will put in a lot of hours getting ready for this one. They will make sure their team is ready to play. As a fan this is one of the games we all look forward to each year and I think we will all be in for a treat. This will be a close game.

I think crest wins..... Bess is going to be running for his life ....but as you guys have already pointed out you just never know . Best of luck to both squads.

This team looks very similar to 2011 when Spencer Clark was QB. Better skill people on this team but everywhere else looks sadly familiar. I don’t see Shelby scoring. Crest leads late by 28 and kicks a fg to seal the beating 31-0.

This team looks very similar to 2011 when Spencer Clark was QB. Better skill people on this team but everywhere else looks sadly familiar. I don’t see Shelby scoring. Crest leads late by 28 and kicks a fg to seal the beating 31-0.

Giving the old reverse psychology a try, huh?

Reactions: seadog28
I have never seen you this down and out hitman ......it may be closer than you think .

I have never seen you this down and out hitman ......it may be closer than you think .
It probably will be closer than it should be. All jokes aside, Crest is the better football team. That usually never means anything when this game is played. Crest has the best front seven Shelby has faced this year, Bess should get mauled, the Crest offense is decent and Crest also has great skill position players. Shouldn’t be much of a game, but it will be. It’s Crest and Shelby, it just doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Gonna find out everything you need to know about how Shelby's season will go next Friday... If the Chargers blow them out, Shelby is in for a long long season, possibly their first loosing season since, when? Hell I don't know. (Seriously when's the last time Shelby had a losing season?) If Crest wins a close one, that might hurt Shelby's "pride" even worse (always was able to handle getting beat by 50 better than getting beat by 1)... If Shelby is 1-3 this time next week, staring down KM, and with South Point still out there, I see at least 5 losses for Shelby, at best...

On the flip side, this game could turn everything around for the Golden Lions also.. If they come out and beat Crest, it'd be a huge boost and could kick start a classic Shelby "run"... Things can turn around quickly and you just never know, Burns last night as the perfect example.

Prediction? Crest 24 - Shelby 20
20? Not saying you’re wrong, but if Shelby doesn’t learn to block and run the ball in the next 6 days, I don’t see 20. If Bess stands back there and gunslings, with no running game. Hospital!

Well from what I watched Friday against Burns, Shelby can't run the ball, so Bess will be trying to Sling it... I'd actually be interested in knowing just how many rushing yards Shelby did have against Burns... Couldn't have been more than 50 or so

Not down, but you can’t expect to be loaded every year. I have seen enough games to know that Shelby is in trouble. When you can’t run the ball , you are not going to win. That’s what the difference was last night. The same thing will happen against Crest. Offensive line and the defensive line for Shelby is not as strong. I do think Jack would help more on the line than LB, and Bess may not be the answer at QB. He has to have a good line and a running game to help his cause and he has neither.

Shelby had 14 1st downs
Burns had 14

Shelby 17.-64
Lost 24 yrds
40 yrds total rushing

Burns 46'290
9 yrds lost
281 total rushing.

Passing Shelby
40-18
215 yrds
2 int.

Burns
9-4
100 yrds

As my name on here hints at this is not your typical Shelby team. Hopefully we can develop into one but right now we are no where close.

Shelby had 14 1st downs
Burns had 14

Shelby 17.-64
Lost 24 yrds
40 yrds total rushing

Burns 46'290
9 yrds lost
281 total rushing.

Passing Shelby
40-18
215 yrds
2 int.

Burns
9-4
100 yrds

I knew Shelby didn't have much on the ground.. 40 yards... Wow

Crest definitely can’t have 19 penalties like the Chargers did against TC!!

Crest definitely can’t have 19 penalties like the Chargers did against TC!!
Speaking of penalties, that's something else Shelby had an issue with Friday... They had like 6 or 7 false starts.. Which continually hurts an already struggling offense... If that continues, Crest will roll

I do think Jack would help more on the line than LB
I agree. And, I hope people let him earn his the old fashioned way, and not piggyback off his brother’s success. He will be special eventually, no doubt, but the biggest thing that stands out to me right now about him, more so than anything, is him getting hurt in every game.

Last edited:
I heard, hes been having trouble with his pads, and not hurt, that his pads have been not fitting right and into the game they give him trouble, dont know if it's TRUE just had heard this, saw they changed shoulder pads fri, durning game

I heard, hes been having trouble with his pads, and not hurt, that his pads have been not fitting right and into the game they give him trouble, dont know if it's TRUE just had heard this, saw they changed shoulder pads fri, durning game
I hope he stays at linebacker this week, I think my Chargers can get a few rushing yards on the undersized D line

Was in gym bout hr ago meet Landers kid from Crest.
Very good kid . Very humble.
Glad to see him working to get bigger

I don't know about the pads, but the medical staff gotta come get him 2-3 times a game.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Is that what Crest did last 2 yrs????

We still got long season. Our goal is never to just beat Crest...

Awful quiet on this thread. I understand why the Shelby fans are dreading this weeks game. Imagine how the Shelby O Line feels having to prepare for the Crest front 7. Panic, intimidation, fear and regret. Tick tock.

Shelby fans shouldn't go crazy just yet. It wasn't too long ago that they had 4 losses during the regular season and then punked everyone in the playoffs in route to a state championship.

This is the first time that Shelby doesnt have have a stud athlete to carry them. IE a Borders, Hollifield, Brooks, Surratt. They are like every other good team in the state and have some good athletes but no "freaks"

Lets be honest, all the coaching staff had to do the last few years was keep kids eligible and not screw it up. Gonna see what kinda coaching they have in the tank now. It wasnt too long ago some Lions fans were calling for ware's head.

As much as I’d love to see the kitty cats get whooped, I’m cautious with Shelby now. It shouldn’t be close. But you never know with Shelby.

It isn’t played on paper but if Burns can rush 3 and get pressure lord help what Crest does as well. It’s a bigger rivalry than Burns and Shelby but If Shelby plays the same way, it’s going to be ugly.

As much as I’d love to see the kitty cats get whooped, I’m cautious with Shelby now. It shouldn’t be close. But you never know with Shelby.
Your exactly right. Two years ago I thought Shelby should have won by 4 tds but has to hold on in the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT