ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby 9-4 this year!

seadog28

Oct 4, 2004
If I'm wrong, abuse me. But if I'm right I welcome the worship!

What do you mean IF? You've never been right in all the years you've posted !!! It's a yearly laugh at your prognostications nostradoofus !
ROFL

I'd be more worried if you said Shelby goes 16-0 again ! all we can say is "Bless your heart" ha ha

Last edited:
Reactions: golden28
Please scour the archives, my friend. If you find me wrong, I'll buy the Lions new bell bottoms and free dental screenings!

Well there's probably only two both times we've beat the Raiders last two years ! There's no more posts to scour because you disappeared until the playoffs and by then was too scared to make a prediction !!! Ha ha ha ha

Well there's probably only two both times we've beat the Raiders last two years ! There's no more posts to scour because you disappeared until the playoffs and by then was too scared to make a prediction !!! Ha ha ha ha

Nicely done, oh shapeshifting Bulldog! Kane, keep it down in here! I'm trying to listen to the Shelby game!

From what I hear about Shelby, and truthfully....all jokes aside is....they may actually have the best football team they have ever had. I know, that is scary and one would thing with as many state titles, there is no way and it's hyperbole. But...I'm not joking, from what I have heard is, this year's Shelby may actually be the best team they have ever had. Even if it's not true, it still does not bode well for their opponents as they usually win it anyway, but if it is true, then well, it's double-bad for their opponents as the beatings will even be more fierce this year.

From what I hear about Shelby, and truthfully....all jokes aside is....they may actually have the best football team they have ever had. I know, that is scary and one would thing with as many state titles, there is no way and it's hyperbole. But...I'm not joking, from what I have heard is, this year's Shelby may actually be the best team they have ever had. Even if it's not true, it still does not bode well for their opponents as they usually win it anyway, but if it is true, then well, it's double-bad for their opponents as the beatings will even be more fierce this year.

You know what? That is the misinformed word on the street. Are they good? Damn right, but as a Mighty Red Raider, they need to show me up close and personal!

Reactions: coondog8585
We have not even played a game yet.We lost 13 starters and have a very tough schedule coming up so I see no reason to add a lot of extra pressure to this group.We do have some great senior leaders so time will tell.

We have not even played a game yet.We lost 13 starters and have a very tough schedule coming up so I see no reason to add a lot of extra pressure to this group.We do have some great senior leaders so time will tell.

Yup...sometimes those " best ever" whispers can be a bigtime problem. Now when they dont win by 30 every week dissapointment starts to set in. Shelby gets everyone's best shot week in and week out and its very hard to keep 17 yera olds focused every Friday night.

Let the kids play and let the results at the end of the year spark the best ever debate.

Reactions: seadog28
Yup...sometimes those " best ever" whispers can be a bigtime problem. Now when they dont win by 30 every week dissapointment starts to set in. Shelby gets everyone's best shot week in and week out and its very hard to keep 17 yera olds focused every Friday night.

Let the kids play and let the results at the end of the year spark the best ever debate.

Great points B and G, and Shelby will face that pressure. I disagree with the "best shot" comment. High School kids are High School kids. Yes, they can be beat before they get off the bus. We don't play that at SP! If you're playing us, you better bring it absent the "Paper Lion" bull crap!

"It takes 3 boys from Shelby to beat 1 boy from Belmont!" Matt Mead (Lion Tamer)!

One other point to the poster that started this thread,a 9 and 4 record adds up to 13 games.That will having us losing in the second round.

Great points B and G, and Shelby will face that pressure. I disagree with the "best shot" comment. High School kids are High School kids. Yes, they can be beat before they get off the bus. We don't play that at SP! If you're playing us, you better bring it absent the "Paper Lion" bull crap!

"It takes 3 boys from Shelby to beat 1 boy from Belmont!" Matt Mead (Lion Tamer)!

My point ( maybe not as much in a rivarly game like SP) is that when the schedule goes up for most teams they look at that Shelby week first.They are told by coaches and fans they better be ready for Shelby etc,etc. Shelby doesnt get a soft effort week from an opponent.. As I have said before, Shelby out athletes 80% of the teams they play but its easy to have a let down week if your not careful.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
My point ( maybe not as much in a rivarly game like SP) is that when the schedule goes up for most teams they look at that Shelby week first.They are told by coaches and fans they better be ready for Shelby etc,etc. Shelby doesnt get a soft effort week from an opponent.. As I have said before, Shelby out athletes 80% of the teams they play but its easy to have a let down week if your not careful.

Dude, you are my favorite poster on here, but you are wrong. Shelby rolls in to town and communities choke. Not because they earned it this year, but because they have an aura of times past. I laugh, but a lot don't. The Creek would stomp them so bad that cousins in CC would stop sleeping with each other!

These numb nuts win in their Itty bitty classification because the city fathers draw lines that benefit their bs good old boy agenda! As much as I give Crest a hard time, they kick ass much to the chagrin of the elders. Burns will never have a chance and KM is squashed.

Watch how nervous these knuckleheads get if SP is in the same bracket. I have no doubt that it will artificially never happen.

GO RAMS!!!

Seadog, i think your on to something. Shelby always seems to duck the best teams in the West when big and little classifications come out each year. They were able to avoid East Lincoln, Monroe and Reidsville the last 4 years. Makes a body say Hmmmmmm.

If they get to Reidsville, that arse whooping will be epic! I have you guys as one of the kitties 4 losses!

Seadog, i think your on to something. Shelby always seems to duck the best teams in the West when big and little classifications come out each year. They were able to avoid East Lincoln, Monroe and Reidsville the last 4 years. Makes a body say Hmmmmmm.
We played Monroe last year and Reidsville twice on our run to 4 straight. Next point?

Okay, LA. Malik and those kitties will get some. I won't deny that, but those cats ain't gonna get what they're used to. Have #12 work hard on the ladder because if he hesitates he'll be wearing #77 for a chest ornament!

Reactions: bubbafine
Okay, LA. Malik and those kitties will get some. I won't deny that, but those cats ain't gonna get what they're used to. Have #12 work hard on the ladder because if he hesitates he'll be wearing #77 for a chest ornament!
Lol... this guy. You've been on a roll today, Seadog, I'm amused.

Last edited:
I just don't believe we are going out in the 2nd round.

I now agree, SHS. I'm gonna give you 10-4 with a loss to Reidsville in the 3rd round. Although, with such a crappy record you may meet them earlier. Let me think on that.

Understand, it is hard for me to be real about this. I would much rather you were undefeated when you roll into Lineberger!

Know, before you go to sleep at night, that the Mighty Red Raiders are preparing 24/7. We have a target directly attached to the Lions' chin. While your patting yourselves on the back, some young Belmont residents are getting ready to stick it up your arse!

Most of your comments I never take serious but the part about the Belmont reisdents I truly believe.

Most of your comments I never take serious but the part about the Belmont reisdents I truly believe.

So, are you busting on my hometown, kittyboy? Time to robocall the Mayor! He's probably hiding too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT