ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland vs Dillon 17-14 Dillion

devilmac99

Feb 5, 2003
Liked what I saw with the exception of the following:

#6 is the QB let's stop it with a competition. The other kid cannot read a defense and still looks confused
The big kid better get his head out of his hinny or someone might find himself on the bench. Too much flash not enough show. The other two ends are just as good if not better!
#5 has got to get more touches
Not sure what the coach was doing at the end. Didn't or couldn't call a time-out and using the 3rd string offense on the last play. ball goes 20 yards behind him and Dillon kicks field goal with no time.

Now that was Typical SC as of late!

Really though I said this team would loose 2 games in the regular season. That will not happen they will be undefeated come the last week of November and that will be for the SAC! This team looks a lot like 2011 except the QB play!

Last edited:
How did my Wildcats look? Please give an unbiased opinion. They have had a few scrimmages but I haven't seen or heard anything about them.

How did my Wildcats look? Please give an unbiased opinion. They have had a few scrimmages but I haven't seen or heard anything about them.
QB and the two wideouts are awesome. No running game and your d got pushed around scotland had 1 long run of 20 called back it was a TD and another one as about as long to the 5 or so called back. we didn't score on either. #5 & #30 are . your studs on defense. The rest are just dudes. Your team will be in mix no matter what because of the qb and those two receivers #7 and #9. They are as good as any 3 SC will see and that includes RC and East Forsyth if we meet them again. Your run defense might be a problem.

Liked what I saw with the exception of the following:

#6 is the QB let's stop it with a competition. The other kid cannot read a defense and still looks confused
The big kid better get his head out of his hinny or someone might find himself on the bench. Too much flash not enough show. The other two ends are just as good if not better!
#5 has got to get more touches
Not sure what the coach was doing at the end. Didn't or couldn't call a time-out and using the 3rd string offense on the last play. ball goes 20 yards behind him and Dillon kicks field goal with no time.

Now that was Typical SC as of late!

Really though I said this team would loose 2 games in the regular season. That will not happen they will be undefeated come the last week of November and that will be for the SAC! This team looks a lot like 2011 except the QB play!
First week in November not last. Your lossing two of your first 4 straight up

Told many folks #5 would open some eyes. Without a doubt the deepest group at the running back position.

Nasty cats not that good this year huh?? They are always pretty dang good guys,Give coach Hayes time you see.

ok for a scrim...we moved the ball well on offense...still much room for improvement, RUN is going to be strong this yr (what else is new)...glad to see attention is being put into the pass game... think Johnson looked a little more polished than Barfield, but both need to learn how to handle the ball better... and then there's the defense...on stopping the run between the tackles I feel we did well, need to contain the outside run a little better. My biggest disappointment has to be with our secondary...toasted on a few plays...gotta tighten that up for sure... but still feel really good from what I've seen so far...

Very impressed by Scotland. I believe they are ahead of schedule. Fixable stuff in the secondary.

Last edited:
I agree with N 7. There is a lot to work with and there is depth which i i have not seen in in a while. Might not be a 80 man roster but the first and second teams have very little drop off between them. That will be helpful in tough games and when the injury bug bites.

Number 5 was out of the game on the big play pass downfield to the left side , don’t think the guy runs by him , then DILLON barely makes it in from the 2 in 4 plays.. barfield nice long pass down left side , but the shudbeen interception and the interception I don’t know where the ball was going
Mandrell a little fumbly catching the ball from center sometimes but can pick it and go 40 yds
Like last night . Nicholson a beast up the middle .
5 could be a star from the tailback spot I believe .
New guy from Hoke didn’t get much play last night but looks impressive to the eye .. qb qb qb
??? Who gets the bulk..

Number 5 was out of the game on the big play pass downfield to the left side , don’t think the guy runs by him , then DILLON barely makes it in from the 2 in 4 plays.. barfield nice long pass down left side , but the shudbeen interception and the interception I don’t know where the ball was going
Mandrell a little fumbly catching the ball from center sometimes but can pick it and go 40 yds
Like last night . Nicholson a beast up the middle .
5 could be a star from the tailback spot I believe .
New guy from Hoke didn’t get much play last night but looks impressive to the eye .. qb qb qb
??? Who gets the bulk..

I think we will do well against the run this year...Dillon had a hard time punching in for the score.

Scotswin and 99 this is a painful subject because of the wasted talent but #5 reminds me of Trejon Monley. He is deceptively fast and has that quick twitch. he looks to have crazy punt return capabilities and will lock up #1 receiver. From the tailback position he reminds me of Tony McRae. However i don't think it matters at tailback all those cats can get the job done but #5 is better than the McLaurin kid that came back his senior year after going to Shelby. I really liked what I saw last night. Coach needs to go with #6 and if he fails then make the change but that kid can run and I think he will be able to do enough with his arms. I would love to see 3 wides with Leak, Wall and Chavis with that rotation of backs - that would be hard for anyone in the state to stop. MC would have the athletes and size to do so and probably Vance but after that I would have to see.

Last edited:
agree with you Dmac...

I am super excited about the Run this year... people thought we were a beast with 2 strong backs...now we have 3 or 4...I also like the intensity that we played...even for a scrim Scotland was laying the plastic.

Last edited:
Kid from hoke (#8) played a good bit. So deep at that spot, everyone should be fresh for the 4th quarter each week.

Scots have all the pieces can the staff out them together is the question? Need to stay healthy and not make dumb plays and we will have a shot!

I left quarter of the way through Scotlands game.

Who won?

did you read the title of the thread?
I read Scotland vs Dillon and humanly stopped because I was confused who "Dillion" is...

Dillon came back?

I thought The Scots had this game for sure. Dillon was not looking like the Dillon i'm use to

Scotland played sloppy but they have talent all over. I would think in a full game sc would win by 10 to 14 points. Dillon needs to improve run defense.

Reactions: S2V2
It was a running clock 20 minute half’s but for some reason when Dillon punted with 30 seconds left the clock seemingly was running out , but for some reason refs reset clock to 25 seconds. Scotland
Then put their 10th string in for that 1 last snap from the 20 , and of course there was a bad snap
That Dillon eventually recovered at the 2 yard line .
(20 min running clock) once again for some reason the clock stopped with just a few seconds and Dillon did the sportsmanlike thing and ran kicker on field . and kicked a fg on last play . I guess if winning meant that much then so be it . There is zero chance that Scotland does such a thing.

While i agree Scots we should have taken a knee. Whomever thought putting those kids in was right they need to strike that.

It was a running clock 20 minute half’s but for some reason when Dillon punted with 30 seconds left the clock seemingly was running out , but for some reason refs reset clock to 25 seconds. Scotland
Then put their 10th string in for that 1 last snap from the 20 , and of course there was a bad snap
That Dillon eventually recovered at the 2 yard line .
(20 min running clock) once again for some reason the clock stopped with just a few seconds and Dillon did the sportsmanlike thing and ran kicker on field . and kicked a fg on last play . I guess if winning meant that much then so be it . There is zero chance that Scotland does such a thing.
Was this a scrimmage or a game? Aren't scrimmages all about getting prepped for the regular season? I think letting the kicker kick helps build confidence for these types of games. It seems like you're insinuating Dillon did something completely wrong. I don't think any of this should have even been mentioned about a scrimmage. This doesn't count for anything if it makes you feel better. Both teams are still 0-0!

Reactions: bud33345 and nepsy7
Was this a scrimmage or a game? Aren't scrimmages all about getting prepped for the regular season? I think letting the kicker kick helps build confidence for these types of games. It seems like you're insinuating Dillon did something completely wrong. I don't think any of this should have even been mentioned about a scrimmage. This doesn't count for anything if it makes you feel better. Both teams are still 0-0!
Scots wants any win they can get right now. They know when the season starts win wins will be few and far between. Scots keep score in scrimmage lol

Go back to that rock 98. Worry about your all world team. Better not get smacked around by southview friday.

Go back to that rock 98. Worry about your all world team. Better not get smacked around by southview friday.
I don't care if we get "smacked around" or not. Because its a scrimmage. Lets have no injury and improve from last week is all I'm concerned with. Try not to get smacked by SE Guilford in a couple of weeks when it counts. Scots start 0-1

Dillon didn't do anything wrong. It was a scrimmage and a game time situation. Kick the field goal.

This conversation is only for teams who won a playoff game last year. Sorry you can't join.

Well, I feel pretty confident I can choose to join whatever conversation I choose. That said, if we are gonna put qualifiers on it how bout....Teams who have been to a title game in the last 10 year. Dillion, Scotland , Creek...hell even Harding fans can join in. How bout Reeeechmond?

Well, I feel pretty confident I can choose to join whatever conversation I choose. That said, if we are gonna put qualifiers on it how bout....Teams who have been to a title game in the last 10 year. Dillion, Scotland , Creek...hell even Harding fans can join in. How bout Reeeechmond?
Teams who have won 7 or more championship?

Whew, u can tell it's close to the season, yall got the juices flowing in here lol... I'm just tryna get a lil info in Dillon lmao, carry on lol

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT