ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland vs 71st

The Fighting Scots should be as healthy as they have been going into 71st face. The Fighting Scots should be undefeated; however, they've played one of the toughest schedules in the state to this point. West Meck was a powerful opponent(sort of), but maybe not to the level of Mallard Creek or Hillside. I felt going into the season this would be a defining time for the Scoties to see where they stand. Right now, 71st is 6-1. I think athletically the teams are very even with a great nod to Scotland, but they say 71st is stronger/deeper in the trenches and have superior numbers. This is yet to be seen. This is going to be a great game to attend and I commend 71st for scheduling up regardless of their record.

Good luck to both teams. I'll be listening to the statewide scores while I support my Rams.

1) Fighting Scots should be undefeated; however, they've played one of the toughest schedules in the state to this point.
2) West Meck was a powerful opponent(sort of)
3) I think athletically the teams are very even with a great nod to Scotland
4) I commend 71st for scheduling up regardless of their record.
LOL

1) Fighting Scots should be undefeated; however, they've played one of the toughest schedules in the state to this point.
2) West Meck was a powerful opponent(sort of)
3) I think athletically the teams are very even with a great nod to Scotland
4) I commend 71st for scheduling up regardless of their record.
LOL
71st had no choice neither did sc this is a conference game. Zamir is the only difference between these teams IMO. You could change uniforms and you would hardly know the difference until you watched their style of play.

If Zamir is the only difference then Scotland wins in
a route. We will see.
That is very possible because he is running with a purpose unlike anything I have seen from him. It is violent and he is downhill with no hesitation.

This game will be close. Zamir will get his but it won't be at the clip he has been getting it the past couple of weeks. I think the defense will do enough and the offense will be more than what scotland expects. And for whoever stated that 71st only scored 28 on pinecrest if you seen that game you would have seen them take their foot off the gas pedal and get very pedestrian after the two strange injuries. 71st wins 28-21
Well at least you want have to worry about taken your foot off the gas pedal you better hope you don't get blown out.

Last edited:
That is very possible because he is running with a purpose unlike anything I have seen from him. It is violent and he is downhill with no hesitation.
I will agree with that jmac, in the past not this year in all his greatness there has been a little timidness at certain times b4 hitting that hole or moving into some congestion. Definitely running with some purpose, our
Falcon conference foe will get a taste this Friday night.
Scotland is getting healthier by the week on the offensive line, hopefully in full force for the 1st time
this week.

Thanks for the 411 on 71st Mr. justdoit4! I'll keep and eye on that result on 10.13.17. I debated taking 71st at #1 for about 2 seconds, at the end of the day I don't think they would do any better than what West Meck did against The Fighting Scots. Now, if Scotland was blown out by West Meck it would have been a new discussion, but instead Scotland took it by storm.

As mentioned above, 71st and Scots should really be tied according to Mr. justdoit4, those two teams are mirror imagines of each other so he said.

I have a hard time ranking the 3-State Champ team over the current champion for the simple fact that Scotland has had solid wins since 2011; however, I totally understand the logic of waiting for Scotland vs 71st this Friday to let it work itself out. It's ashame that Scotland and Charlotte Catholics don't play this year.

Last edited:
71st has 6'3-6'4 270-280 guys across the board on both sides of the ball and a good looking 6'3 wideout. Nice balance of size and speed on film. They match-up well with SC with their ability to run and pass the ball when need be. Long sustaining drives is the best medicine to counter that SC rushing attack. Should be a good one.
That is what these guys are failing to look at 71st is not fall and match up a whole lote better than most think

Thanks for the 411 on 71st Mr. justdoit4! I'll keep and eye on that result on 10.13.17. I debated taking 71st at #1 for about 2 seconds, at the end of the day I don't think they would do any better than what West Meck did against The Fighting Scots. Now, if Scotland was blown out by West Meck it would have been a new discussion, but instead Scotland took it by storm.

As mentioned above, 71st and Scots should really be tied according to Mr. justdoit4, those two teams are mirror imagines of each other so he said.

I have a hard time ranking the 3-State Champ team over the current champion for the simple fact that Scotland has had solid wins since 2011; however, I totally understand the logic of waiting for Scotland vs 71st this Friday to let it work itself out. It's ashame that Scotland and Charlotte Catholics don't play this year.

since jamboree every one say match up a whole lot better than most think match up a whole lot better than most think match up a whole lot better than most think. then white prove wrong and make business boom in scotland.

Watched the Pinecrest vs SF game on OT Scotland will roll sf defense was sucking air the 2ND half Pinecrest really didn't have any play maker just ran it at them.

Go_Scots highly freaking encouraged me to post this

1f921.png

2zABiEf.jpg

Last edited:
DMEJ-QgUQAAFnTo.jpg

Scots scored on 8 of 9 possessions, 1 int
I wont count the possession at the end taking knee
white just over 300 on 23 car
bell in the 290's ( is that right fay paper)

Wasn't 71st just allowing 9 points a game coming
in and the top defense rated in the league.
#21 is the real deal for 71st,
heck 2 or 3 guys made great catches for them

Last edited:
Secondary needs to be 1st priority!
Put #6 at corner and lets get better in the secondary. Great throws by 71st and #21 is the best receiver I have seen since Cornell Powell but if our guys would just turn their heads and go after the ball they would make some of those plays.

Reactions: danerdawg
Insane amount of yards against a team that has been touted as one of the best in the area- oh well for that!

Watched some of this last night. Scotland Oline was about as dominant as you can be against a good squad. Zamir was getting 6-7 yards untouched. That little speed option they run is tough to defend.

Scotland does have some issues at DB though. They seem to have athletes but just like in the MC game guys just running right by them with no jam and zero ball skills once the ball is in the air. There fortunate its a real down year for QB's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT