ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland @ Dillon

Brandon Hodge

Sep 21, 2016
Man, these two looked pretty good Friday night at Dillon jamboree...# 2 for Dillon could be a problem. Scots defense looked horrible first couple series against Hartsville then flipped a switch and shut them down the rest of the way. Dillon was just a juggernaut against Cheraw...but that new QB they've got didn't impress that night

Think Scots take this one 38-35 in a thriller

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
It should be a great one Hodge i echo your sentiments on the scrimmage. It should be a fantastic place and atmosphere behind the big white walls…These 2 havent played one another in more than 40 years, while Dillon here seems to be the favored team here at home and across the border do not think Scotland cant go in there and win..
Go SCOTS

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandon Hodge
That's a great deal of points Hodge, unsure Scotland wins that type of game.
Maybe just a little less and Scotland forces a couple critical turnovers. A few
big plays from the Scotland pass game will surely aid in the quest for the shocker
in Dillon. GO SCOTS...........

I'm riding with my wildcats in this one, close game though. Hopefully we can utilize our speed n our experience in the secondary to keep the scots from making any big plays in the passing game

Last edited:
It's honestly hard to pick with this one. I did not see the scrimmage so I have no idea where the Scots are sitting. Going off of last years record, the news I've heard in the paper / social media, and the fact the Scots are rebuilding their OL... imma tilt slightly to Dillion for the W, I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully Scotland will have some type of running game to help out with this new passing game plan Bailey has. Should be a good one.

Man, these two looked pretty good Friday night at Dillon jamboree...# 2 for Dillon could be a problem. Scots defense looked horrible first couple series against Hartsville then flipped a switch and shut them down the rest of the way. Dillon was just a juggernaut against Cheraw...but that new QB they've got didn't impress that night

Think Scots take this one 38-35 in a thriller
The starting Quarterback for Dillon the last two seasons transferred this summer up here to Union County, NC to play for Forest Hills.

The starting Quarterback for Dillon the last two seasons transferred this summer up here to Union County, NC to play for Forest Hills.
that same QB came from just across the border robeson county NC didnt he , probably closer to us than Dillon...
--Looks to be a great game, Dillon probably a 60/40 fav,,Scotland generally plays
there better ball on the road in situations just as this....GO SCOTS

that same QB came from just across the border robeson county NC didnt he , probably closer to us than Dillon...
--Looks to be a great game, Dillon probably a 60/40 fav,,Scotland generally plays
there better ball on the road in situations just as this....GO SCOTS
That last name is a dead giveaway.

Oxendine.

Robeson County all day.

I thought the Dillon QB at the scrimmage looked adequate enough, probably a little better than average runner, passing the ball is the big ? mark, but its not that difficult to just hand the ball
off to #2. He was impressive looking. The team this Friday will be a little more formidable than that of last Friday for the home team.
Tradition Never Graduates
All we got is All we need

Dillon37-21 final
Dillon just too many athletic guys for Scotland to control over the long term..
Scotland a power run team for years just didnt have that tonight at all. Top 2 backs pretty much benched for the second half in favor of others. Scoring might be difficult this year if we cant devise it via the pass..
IMO —- Can there be a more worse play call than to be backed up to your own 1 ft line and run sideways on some sort of a sweep. Had No Chance. (Safety) .

I thought there were a lot of positive takeaways for both teams...but man was that east-to-west run in our end zone an egregious call..
Really feel #8 needs to be worked in more just because of his size...know he doesn't have the experience at RB but he just powers ahead and can get those couple extra yards that Hasty and the others haven't shown over the last two weeks including the scrimmage last week...get back to drawing board and prepare for Terry's Bulldogs next Friday

We got to get some offense...if not, Its going to be a long season. Need to get better at conditioning and play calling (I don't know what that sweep in the end zone was about). Some work to do before we can call it Scotland Football. Take it Dillion is a good team... but we're better than what was shown Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT