ADVERTISEMENT

Scores for 9/8

If Swain's dee quits dropping INT's, This bunch could go a long way. Dropped 3 or 4 and on of those went for a freaky TD of Two defenders and boom, out go the lights.
Tuscola is by far the best team we've faced all season. Proud of them Devils tonight. It's good to win tight games like this, over the last decade we'd find a way to lose and now it just feels right in Swain, I formation, Veer, trap plays all night long. What a game.

Swain 30
Tuscola 26
Tuscola can’t stop the Veer, Swain can’t stop the pass. Whoever makes a mistake in these last 8 minutes likely loses.
“I run six plays, split veer. It's like Novacaine. Just give it time, it always works.” - Denzel “Coach Boone” Washington, Remember the Titans.
Love that line, always make me think of Swain lol….

If Swain's dee quits dropping INT's, This bunch could go a long way. Dropped 3 or 4 and on of those went for a freaky TD of Two defenders and boom, out go the lights.
Tuscola is by far the best team we've faced all season. Proud of them Devils tonight. It's good to win tight games like this, over the last decade we'd find a way to lose and now it just feels right in Swain, I formation, Veer, trap plays all night long. What a game.
Swain has to stop fumbling first. I don’t want to say things would have got out of hand but before Swain fumbled in the red zone it felt like the dam was about burst all over Tuscola, and they were leading 14 to 8 to boot. I know it sounds ridiculous but Swain really had a whole lot of momentum on that drive despite being down and I really feel like that fumble breathed life back into a Tuscola team on the brink. Then They get the one play touchdown pass and it was game on.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
I think MA and Robbinsville have conference play and a daunting field of teams come playoff time to worry about before we start worrying about if one is playing here or there. Both are extremely talented but it don’t take but one bad night in November to negate all that talent. A night full of penalties or injuries or just getting out worked by a team that is hungrier. That road to the western regional final will be daunting. Not to mention the smc conference schedule. Looking like swain and Murphy will be there as well. Staying healthy is gonna be key for the Smc teams. Same for bears. If and when this game happens, where ever it happens it will deff be a fun one

If their respective paths continue, home field advantage between Robbinsville and Mount Airy will be a huge factor.
Well my guess is if they both stay undefeated and meet for the western championship it will be @ Robbinsville.
Just looking at their schedule I would think they would stay ahead on Mt Airy in the RPI rankings seeing that owp counts for 40%.

Reactions: Purple1995
Rabun Gap. They are ranked 2nd in NC and above all public schools.
They have four lineman over 300lbs.
RB had 2,400+ last year at some 3a school down state.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Great 2nd post. 😂
Only if we had a way to fact check your statement.

Oh yeah, we do. 💍

Rville RB. 4.2- 40

Selected from 1,000s of kids to be in the
All American Bowl in Dallas. January
BK are you saying RVille Rb runs a 4.2 40. Not trying to be a butt. The NFL combine record 4.22. When Christian Coleman was at Tennessee he ran the 40 for fun to see what he could do

Reactions: mhs95
Personally I like the RPI better then someones opinion to rank teams because humans are influenced by partisanship, pass traditions etc while the RPI is equal to everyone and makes the teams have to perform this year. And unlike maxpreps they used to use still better than opinion but not transparent what all went into the algorithm.
I probably would change the % though maybe from 30-40-30 to 40-40-20 , 30 seems a bit high for something you have zero control over who your opponents are playing but like in the case of Robbinsville they didn't take an easy way out on non conference games like this week playing a good team from GA and they deserve extra points for that win or lose.

And setting in construction for 20-30 minutes doesn't help the ride.

Personally I like the RPI better then someones opinion to rank teams because humans are influenced by partisanship, pass traditions etc while the RPI is equal to everyone and makes the teams have to perform this year. And unlike maxpreps they used to use still better than opinion but not transparent what all went into the algorithm.
I probably would change the % though maybe from 30-40-30 to 40-40-20 , 30 seems a bit high for something you have zero control over who your opponents are playing but like in the case of Robbinsville they didn't take an easy way out on non conference games like this week playing a good team from GA and they deserve extra points for that win or lose.
OWP should be higher than WP imo
More like 40-45-15 or 35-45-20
To much math for nchsaa

I could get on board for that.

It's flawed because of the oowp 30%.

With or without RPI an undefeated State Champion team should never have to travel when it comes to playoff time until it is for the State Championship game . That is a flaw in the RPI in my opinion, which means nothing !

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple1995
OWP should be higher than WP imo
More like 40-45-15 or 35-45-20
To much math for nchsaa

I could get on board for that.

It's flawed because of the oowp 30%.
Yeah like I mentioned I agree the oowp % should be lower. The reason I gave the wp & the owp both 40 is because wp is the only one were you have full control while you may have some with the owp in non-conference games though I've known bigger schools not wanting to play smaller schools who have a tradition of winning but the conference you have zero control if you're in a conference that sucks.
But whatever system someone with find a flaw.

With or without RPI an undefeated State Champion should never have to travel when it comes to playoff time until it is for the State Championship game . that is a flaw in the RPI in my opinion, which means nothing !
Well we'll just have to agree to disagree there because that's what I don't like about a opinion ranking because that's what would happen but to me was last year and should have no barring on this year and everyone should start on level ground.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT