ADVERTISEMENT

Scores for 9/8

The cold will play a factor most likely if played in Robbinsville.

There isn't much difference in the November and December average highs and lows for Mount Airy and Robbinsville. The average low is actually a bit less in Mount Airy in November and December than Robbinsville. Graham County like much of the western NC Smoky Mountains is actually what is classified as a subtropical rain forest. Mount Airy is over 1000 feet in elevation at the literal foot of the mountain and the field sits on a creek. Mount Airy is also used to going to Alleghany at seasons end which literally sits on an open mountain top. Cold won't give Robbinsville an edge.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
There isn't much difference in the November and December average highs and lows for Mount Airy and Robbinsville. The average low is actually a bit less in Mount Airy in November and December than Robbinsville. Graham County like much of the western NC Smoky Mountains is actually what is classified as a subtropical rain forest. Mount Airy is over 1000 feet in elevation at the literal foot of the mountain and the field sits on a creek. Mount Airy is also used to going to Alleghany at seasons end which literally sits on an open mountain top. Cold won't give Robbinsville an edge.
That maybe true, but cold is not the only unique advantage in Robbinsville.

He runs a 4.49.
He's a great looking kid. He's pretty straight ahead though. Similar to the Reed kid that Mount Airy has. Although he might be a tad bit faster. He won't be playing against any running backs unless he plays in the defense. So that really won't matter. His biggest problem will be 6'5 235 running the 4.5 and 6 3 230 running a 4.5. And 6 foot 310 running a 5.0 and then you have the linebackers and the secondary. Personally I think the only team that has the size and speed to beat Mount Airy is tarboro. Maybe Thomasville if they were better coached. Robbinsville is close but it's more of a toughness mountain thing. When you're used to running by people or three people and you can't do either that generally becomes a shock factor I'm thinking both Mount Airy and tarboro felt a little bit of that last year. They were so used to running by and threw people when they wanted to turn it on. And neither one could really do it to each other. So it just became a hell of a football game with miscues and special teams.

He's a great looking kid. He's pretty straight ahead though. Similar to the Reed kid that Mount Airy has. Although he might be a tad bit faster. He won't be playing against any running backs unless he plays in the defense. So that really won't matter. His biggest problem will be 6'5 235 running the 4.5 and 6 3 230 running a 4.5. And 6 foot 310 running a 5.0 and then you have the linebackers and the secondary. Personally I think the only team that has the size and speed to beat Mount Airy is tarboro. Maybe Thomasville if they were better coached. Robbinsville is close but it's more of a toughness mountain thing. When you're used to running by people or three people and you can't do either that generally becomes a shock factor I'm thinking both Mount Airy and tarboro felt a little bit of that last year. They were so used to running by and threw people when they wanted to turn it on. And neither one could really do it to each other. So it just became a hell of a football game with miscues and special teams.

Well, Robbinsville 's game in 2 weeks should help them. Rabun Gap is moving to the level of a junior college. They are getting an aggregate of players from NC, SC, and Ga. They have several D-1 prospects. From a talent standpoint it will be the best team the Knights will face all year, including the playoffs.

Robbinsville does lack a little size in ways but they have plenty of speed and are well coached. They’ll bust you in the mouth too.

Adams does play defense like most our players.
That's what happens at a small school

Rabun Gap has 4 lineman 300+.
RG is the best team any 1a school in the state plays. Probably only a few teams in 1-4a plays a tougher team. Very few like 10 or less.

Reactions: WickedStix9
I have no idea why there is all this conversation about Mt Airy going to Robbinsville.
Ask anyone on NC Preps west of I77 and east of Winston Salem and they will tell you the only important this year will be Robbinsville and Tarboro.

It is a foregone conclusion so let’s talk about something else.

Reactions: buzzcoach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT