ADVERTISEMENT

Salisbury at Hertford County

tweeter24

Oct 10, 2006
Another long trip down East, another CCC team making the trip. Let’s hear what you guys think.

Obviously they are pretty dang good. You are bringing the best defense they have seen in the playoffs. I hope you have enough offense to take them.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Obviously they are pretty dang good. You are bringing the best defense they have seen in the playoffs. I hope you have enough offense to take them.
They are beatable
Another long trip down East, another CCC team making the trip. Let’s hear what you guys think.
They are beatable. They are big, athletic and play to the whistle. Should be a good game.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
The trip from Salisbury to Ahoskie is almost exactly the same distance as the trip from Ahoskie to Washington DC. I think people underestimate how big home field advantage is in some of these games. Between the trip, the normal drop off in the number of fans vs. familiarity and sameness of routine, it makes it tough. Not saying visiting teams can’t win, obviously. And some analyst can assign a point value. But, to me, it’s certainly double digits in most games.
Having said that, I wish the Hornets the best! Be pulling for you in Thomasville.

How are Salisbury dbs? HC has tall wrs that are fast. That will be the determining factor of this game. It will be a great one.

Gonna be a tough game. Hertford has as much talent as anyone Salisbury has seen this year and then some. Their speed can match up well with the Hornets but what really matters is how accurate their qb is. His long ball is not very good but he hits it often enough to make you worry. Hertford is big, fast, and long and lean.

Salisbury on the other hand has the best defense Hertford will have played imo. If the Hornet offense can get it going I think they pull it out. Go Hornets!

Don't think Salisbury has a chance but hoping I'm wrong as well. Hertford 28 Salisbury 7

Early 4th. Salisbury just turned it over for the 3rd time. Inside their own 10.

I had a really good feeling that the Hornets would go up there and take care of business! Great job SHS, we were pulling for ya up here in ND country! Now go sting those Tigers next week!!

Congrats Salisbury. You proved many wrong including myself. Looked like it was a hard fought win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT