ADVERTISEMENT

SAC 4A/3A

Thinkpositivepc2

Jan 24, 2017
Any idea of how the teams are looking? I’ve heard Richmond and Scotland should be back at the top of the conference.

Richmond, Pinecrest, Scotland, and Lee Co. will be the primary combatants for league supremacy. Hoke, SL, and UP will all fight (and struggle) to stay out of the cellar.

Richmond, Pinecrest, Scotland, and Lee Co. will be the primary combatants for league supremacy. Hoke, SL, and UP will all fight (and struggle) to stay out of the cellar.
Unfortunately I think Lee Co is on the outside looking in for “league supremacy.” Those other three you listed are the only ones that have a chance in my opinion.

Reactions: Bullzye
Unfortunately I think Lee Co is on the outside looking in for “league supremacy.” Those other three you listed are the only ones that have a chance in my opinion.
Do not disagree, but Lee County will be the #1 or #2, 3A seed out of the league. They are the only other team in the conference who pose a legitimate challenge against the Big-3 (historical powers). The Yellow Jackets should dominate the other 3 easily. Just sayin …

Reactions: Heels910
Not saying this year or next... but Hoke is a team to keep your eyes on. They've shown much improvement over the years and from my last visit to the area, I've notices that they are building up a lot "residential", which I think will put some depth in their talent pool.

I’m just wondering if Richmond can win more than 5 games. Last years talent level wasn’t very good.

Not saying this year or next... but Hoke is a team to keep your eyes on. They've shown much improvement over the years and from my last visit to the area, I've notices that they are building up a lot "residential", which I think will put some depth in their talent pool.
Someone throws out synonymous speculation in this regard every year … EVERY SINGLE YEAR. What changes? The reality of the total situation in Hoke Co. is completely lost upon most folks on the outside, looking in. Subsequently - at this time, (varying degrees of) dysfunction runs rampant within the hierarchal ranks of district leadership. NONE of what’s going on there right now will be conducive to supporting football (or, really any other sport for that matter) in manners to make a difference. Coaching (period) in Hoke Co.- given the new BOE’s desire to implement subjective, aggressive, annual “performance evaluations”- is going to dilute quality. Just my opinion. BUT … pay close attention over the next 2-4 weeks and maybe you’ll begin to understand what I mean. Beyond that, other focal priorities of the new BOE is likely to bring about HCHS’s eventual movement out of the 4A - possibly even 3A - ranks; they are hyper-determined to build a new HS and break down/apart the current situation. It will be interesting to watch it all play out.

Someone throws out synonymous speculation in this regard every year … EVERY SINGLE YEAR. What changes? The reality of the total situation in Hoke Co. is completely lost upon most folks on the outside, looking in. Subsequently - at this time, (varying degrees of) dysfunction runs rampant within the hierarchal ranks of district leadership. NONE of what’s going on there right now will be conducive to supporting football (or, really any other sport for that matter) in manners to make a difference. Coaching (period) in Hoke Co.- given the new BOE’s desire to implement subjective, aggressive, annual “performance evaluations”- is going to dilute quality. Just my opinion. BUT … pay close attention over the next 2-4 weeks and maybe you’ll begin to understand what I mean. Beyond that, other focal priorities of the new BOE is likely to bring about HCHS’s eventual movement out of the 4A - possibly even 3A - ranks; they are hyper-determined to build a new HS and break down/apart the current situation. It will be interesting to watch it all play out.
JUST MY OPINION... Bullz.... The team I've watch has improved from what it has been... not putting up a lot of "W's"... but improving on both sides of the ball, hell they got a W on us last year which hasn't happen in years.. My point is with the area growing... hopefully it will deep'n the talent pool. It will be interesting watch.

JUST MY OPINION... Bullz.... The team I've watch has improved from what it has been... not putting up a lot of "W's"... but improving on both sides of the ball, hell they got a W on us last year which hasn't happen in years.. My point is with the area growing... hopefully it will deep'n the talent pool. It will be interesting watch.
Well, not real sure to what extent you’ve been watching whatever it is … you’ve been watching, but you hang on to your optimistic outlook! Is a sporadic W against the Scots really that big of a deal? Seems to me they snuck one out on the Raiders a few years back as well (only one in the history of both schools). Combined with the season they had, quite sure there were more than a few back then who believed that to be a sign of serious ongoing improvement. Wonder what happened? All I’ll say is … don’t hold your breath. If it happens, great - if it doesn’t, oh well.

Word. The dysfuntion in Hoke County is incredible. The worst leadership I've ever had the misfortune to work under. There needs to be changes from the top down and that has begun. The future may be different if they continue the path of making changes but there are many that need to be done inside the school leadership, within the district leadership, and all the way through. Discipline was nowhere to be found and that all starts with the leadership in place. So yea last year they started to show some progress, I hope it continues as there are some good kids and coaches who care. But for now Richmond, Scotland, and Pinecrest will lead the way again.

Here my guess
1. Richmond
2. Pinecrest
3. Scotland
4. Hoke
5. Lee County
6. Southern Lee
7. Union Pinea

4-7 can be flipped. Too heavy conference but the conference is slightly down for some n slightly up for others - It’s really who brings there A game every night

I’ve always said that Hoke is a sleeping giant.

3 in the running right now. They also switching to the triple option.
If you have 2 starting QBs, you have none. Never heard of 3. I hope they get it right. Switching to T.O. makes sense. Derrick Wiley ran tue option out of the I like nobody’s business and Tedarius Wiley was a wizard in the T.O. Derrick will get those QBs right.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
If you have 2 starting QBs, you have none. Never heard of 3. I hope they get it right. Switching to T.O. makes sense. Derrick Wiley ran tue option out of the I like nobody’s business and Tedarius Wiley was a wizard in the T.O. Derrick will get those QBs right.
Need some RBs at varsity and JV level for triple option too. Only 1 varsity RB returning, I’m sure they had some good ones on JV though.

with any type of rpo, option , triple option , whatever the biggest thing for me is 1. QB has to know n understand when to pitch or keep if they do that style.
2. gotta have a decent O line
3. WRs will be more blocker so they gotta learn
4. u have to have a good tempo
5. RB have to be patient

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT