ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3 Clinton vs West Craven

Honestly
This round will be easier than first two.
Clinton has had a great draw.

4th Rd Here we come.

Should be another good one dont think we have ever played West Craven so always fun playing a team you never played before......only concern last night we got up 35-8 and seems like we kinda started to coast a bit like we got alil relaxed...dont wanna see that anymore gotta keep that same fire throughout the game......offensively man Coach Grady drew up some very nice pass plays and credit Jaheim for taking advantage....we had to have close to 300 yards thru the air which is definitely not the norm for us i said it last week i like how comfortable we are becoming throwing.....throw all that one dimensional crap out the window.....opposing defensive coordinator load the box if you want to

I just want to enjoy beating Red Springs for a bit. Couldn't hardly sleep last night. Of course after seeing some threads on here I wasn't alone.

I understand. Good win. On to the next one. Me and DH34 will be in the booth on Friday, come by at halftime we can talk some football. You’ll be ok, our fans don’t bite.

West Craven will bring a tough team to Robinson-Lewis Field at DarkHorse Stadium. West Craven was once 3A, they have a history of successful football seasons and they've played in a pretty tough league. The DarkHorses will definitely have a stiff opponent in the Eagles.

I understand. Good win. On to the next one. Me and DH34 will be in the booth on Friday, come by at halftime we can talk some football. You’ll be ok, our fans don’t bite.

Remember I already tested you guys at WRH. When I went over to talk to you and Wizard wearing the bulldog hat. lol
I should see you when I go to pick up the 50/50 money!!

Looking forward to providing commentary my second game in 3 weeks ill have to keep my emotions in check this is going to be a huge game a chance to host a Eastern championship game a place we haven't been since 2015....Darkhorse stadium should be packed Friday night

Reactions: SWO-#1 and dogs79
Looking forward to providing commentary my second game in 3 weeks ill have to keep my emotions in check this is going to be a huge game a chance to host a Eastern championship game a place we haven't been since 2015....Darkhorse stadium should be packed Friday night

Last year as I sat with dogs79 in darkhorse stadium watching that hard fought game with WRH I could only hope one day we could play in that environment. We use to have it when we played Havelock for conf titles on the last regular season game back when Sasser was at Havelock. For whatever reason our fanbase has dwindled. Greenville and New Bern are so close by and so much to do now. We guess that may play a role. I hope our kid's are not intimidated by it but inspired by it. Kaba was the best I saw last year.

Last year as I sat with dogs79 in darkhorse stadium watching that hard fought game with WRH I could only hope one day we could play in that environment. We use to have it when we played Havelock for conf titles on the last regular season game back when Sasser was at Havelock. For whatever reason our fanbase has dwindled. Greenville and New Bern are so close by and so much to do now. We guess that may play a role. I hope our kid's are not intimidated by it but inspired by it. Kaba was the best I saw last year.

Whelp its going down this Friday hope you enjoy the game should be a classic

Reactions: dogs79 and Otis4411
Remember I already tested you guys at WRH. When I went over to talk to you and Wizard wearing the bulldog hat. lol
I should see you when I go to pick up the 50/50 money!!

Oh yea, I forget names and handles all the time. Well consider yourself welcome in our backyard anytime.

Reactions: dogs79 and Otis4411
I was at the game last night if you combine red spring and west craven together they can't beat Those Dark Horses.

I was at the game last night if you combine red spring and west craven together they can't beat Those Dark Horses.
I don't know about that. he DarkHorses are good but I don't want to embellish it too much. That big back #3 from Beddingrield, Hutcherson, was good, really good.

Planning on making the trip to the game. How’s the parking there?

You can ride with me if you want to. My wife told me she had planned a Thanksgiving get together on Friday evening because my daughter and her husband had to work Thursday. I looked at her and asked why would you plan anything on Friday during high school football season? She said well I didn't know we would still be playing. Women!! I told her you know if there is a high school game I'm going regardless of the team. How long have I been going to State Championship games? So I'll be going alone.

I'm with you Otis! My extended family fully understands Friday nights during high school football season is sacred! Nobody needs to inquire where I'll be!

You can ride with me if you want to. My wife told me she had planned a Thanksgiving get together on Friday evening because my daughter and her husband had to work Thursday. I looked at her and asked why would you plan anything on Friday during high school football season? She said well I didn't know we would still be playing. Women!! I told her you know if there is a high school game I'm going regardless of the team. How long have I been going to State Championship games? So I'll be going alone.

Yo Otis. What’s on the menu? I might skip the game and head up to your house for some bird. :)

I’ll get up with you this week.

Otis! I know a bunch of old dogs pulling for ya. What time do you plan to arrive? Go eat? We going to help fill visitors side

Reactions: bud33345
Otis! I know a bunch of old dogs pulling for ya. What time do you plan to arrive? Go eat? We going to help fill visitors side

I'll have Friday off so I can be there anytime. You tell me when and where. Is there somewhere in Clinton we can meet up with the Clinton crowd unless you are wanted there!!

Reactions: bud33345 and dogs79
Clinton has alot of tradition and always plays hard nose ball. Big stadium right out side of town. A legend Bob Lewis retired there,but we had some good games with them when my son's played at Whiteville. Tough fan base too. Should be a great game,I might go myself to this one. About a 1 and half hour drive but worth it. I'll be pulling for Clinton.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Clinton has alot of tradition and always plays hard nose ball. Big stadium right out side of town. A legend Bob Lewis retired there,but we had some good games with them when my son's played at Whiteville. Tough fan base too. Should be a great game,I might go myself to this one. About a 1 and half hour drive but worth it. I'll be pulling for Clinton.

I hope it is a good game. Come on out and enjoy! We play 5 sophomores on defense that have really been improving each week. I'm nervous that the atmosphere in Darkhorse stadium may get in their heads. We had a packed house for only the New Bern game but that was at home. I know a couple have posted we don't have a chance but I like our chances. At least we are in the game and not talking from the sidelines.

Otis, you know what the famous college basketball coach Al McGuire use to say about underclassmen at the end of the season in postseason play, "they're not underclassmen no more". He used the word freshmen but the same concept. They've been battle-tested.
note: you may want to bring some earplugs. We've got a new sound system in the stadium and when they playing pregame, etc jam music; it'll rattle this oldster's brain! (I'm serious, the speakers are at the ticket booth end of the stadium and when you walk in you can feel it!)
Welcome to Robinson- Lewis Field at Dark Horse Stadium

Last edited:
Otis, you know what the famous college basketball coach Al McGuire use to say about underclassmen at the end of the season in postseason play, "they're not underclassmen no more". He used the word freshmen but the same concept. They've been battle-tested.
note: you may want to bring some earplugs. We've got a new sound system in the stadium and when they playing pregame, etc jam music; it'll rattle this oldster's brain! (I'm serious, the speakers are at the ticket booth end of the stadium and when you walk in you can feel it!)
Welcome to Robinson- Lewis Field at Dark Horse Stadium

Yea I guess calling them a soph now is a misuse of the word. I know last year on the visitor side we couldn't hear the announcer. I still think I won the 50/50!! lol

Yea I guess calling them a soph now is a misuse of the word. I know last year on the visitor side we couldn't hear the announcer. I still think I won the 50/50!! lol

Dont have to worry about that now new PA system you can hear from the student parking lot lol

Reactions: Otis4411
I see two very evenly matched teams this one is going to come down to which team does the little things right....turnovers,Special teams,Penalties......you can make lil mistakes against lesser teams and still get away but i game like this could be the deciding factor.

Clinton ppg avg 37 while giving up 13

West Craven ppg avg 30 while giving up 13

Friday something has got to give

I see two very evenly matched teams this one is going to come down to which team does the little things right....turnovers,Special teams,Penalties......you can make lil mistakes against lesser teams and still get away but i game like this could be the deciding factor.

Clinton ppg avg 37 while giving up 13

West Craven ppg avg 30 while giving up 13

Friday something has got to give
I agree with this 100%. Special teams will be a factor in this game. Turnovers as well, both teams are capable of capitalizing on the others mistakes.

I hope it is a good game. Come on out and enjoy! We play 5 sophomores on defense that have really been improving each week. I'm nervous that the atmosphere in Darkhorse stadium may get in their heads. We had a packed house for only the New Bern game but that was at home. I know a couple have posted we don't have a chance but I like our chances. At least we are in the game and not talking from the sidelines.

Although I’ve seen it rowdy at times, Clinton fans have tendency to sit on their hands till given a reason to cheer. It should be a good crowd. You’ll have no issues with our crowd. Your players have played in front of bigger/rowdier crowds I’d bet. But ours can rock when they want too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Although I’ve seen it rowdy at times, Clinton fans have tendency to sit on their hands till given a reason to cheer. It should be a good crowd. You’ll have no issues with our crowd. Your players have played in front of bigger/rowdier crowds I’d bet. But ours can rock when they want too.

Yeah i was pretty amazed how quiet everyone was Friday...great crowd tho...but i wanna say me my co worker and Wiz were the loudest ones in the crowd....hopefully everyone comes out Friday night ready to cheer its a football game not study hall people get loud

It was loud last year when I was at the Wallace Rose Hill game with dogs79. That was a playoff atmosphere also.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT