ADVERTISEMENT

New Clinton head coach

Not sure how strong we will be. We are going to be young but I’m excited about a couple young skill players. We got the athletes but round that area you know it really comes down to how strong you are upfront on both sides of the line. We shall see. I think we struggle a bit in non conference play and hopefully find our footing once we get into our SAC-6 games. 2025 should be alot better.
If you guys have great line play that will be big. That's a weakness out east. Mostly because of coaching. Not many technically sound line coaches that way. Maybe boykin can do that. Watch them in later rounds and dudes get trapped in essantly yet still come flying upfield. I don't think that was one of the stronger Reidsville teams but that QB trap and power was good as gold against Clinton.

Reactions: dogs79
Yeah i got clinton finishing 6-5 this year
As of right now before any practices or whatever based off what we have coming back I would say finish the regular season 7-3 at best 5-5 at worse. With a first or 2nd round playoff exit. Like I said I feel like 2025 will be a much stronger team.

Last edited:
Except for last season, that was just a good ol ass whooping. My first game at DH Stadium too. “Touchdown Darkhorses” x 8!
I feel your pain! It’s a tough place to lose at with the nice sound system they have. We lost there in the playoffs a few years ago and I could hear “TD Darkhorses” in my sleep for 2 years!

34 that’s gotta get old right? Having to deal with ignorant comments like the ones above. Been reading stuff up here a long time definitely no denying you’re a passionate fan.
Nah it’s cool at this point I don’t even acknowledge it. I spoke up for a someone I consider a friend and I’ll do it again. They moved on, the school has moved on, I moved on. The only people that haven’t moved on is the silly people that have to come up here and try and get they rocks off talking smack. My uncle took me took a Clinton game when I was 7 years old and I been hooked ever since that’s not changing. Cory,Ryan,and Aaron helped me out a lot last season I’ll continue to support them aswell.

Nah it’s cool at this point I don’t even acknowledge it. I spoke up for a someone I consider a friend and I’ll do it again. They moved on, the school has moved on, I moved on. The only people that haven’t moved on is the silly people that have to come up here and try and get they rocks off talking smack. My uncle took me took a Clinton game when I was 7 years old and I been hooked ever since that’s not changing. Cory,Ryan,and Aaron helped me out a lot last season I’ll continue to support them aswell.
I can respect that, crazy I didn’t know it was a new unwritten rule about not being allowed to support a coach that’s no longer at your school. Lol funny how folks love moving that goal post ain’t it. At the end of the day keep doing you man haters gonna find something to hate on let em.

That’s nice to know. Maybe we’ll can get together at ribeyes in 25

Reactions: BWill5
34, I don’t know you. You seem like a passionate DH fan. You are probably a cool dude also. The only thing my friend in clinton told me that IF you were apart of that could’ve ruffled some feathers was joining in on the rumors that the Admin was racist, ran CJ out of town, etc etc and then using your platforms to continue to spread the stuff. It’s a good way to burn some bridges with some current and former coaches, players, admin, etc.

Idk if you did or were apart of any of that, but if you were, that’s probably where you lost some people. No one wants to be associated with all of that id imagine.

I grew up in Iowa and a similar situation happened there. Some fans who were friends of the coach, took his word on what happened, voiced their displeasure for the school in conjunction with the exiting coach, turns out the coach was just mad because he didn’t get his way, was spreading rumors and the people who thought they knew him and were manipulated into taking his side never were able to be accepted back into the schools functions and admin because of all the stuff they helped do to feed the rumors and lies.

Wish CHS all the best, HS football isn’t the same when Clinton isn’t good and competing against the best.

34, I don’t know you. You seem like a passionate DH fan. You are probably a cool dude also. The only thing my friend in clinton told me that IF you were apart of that could’ve ruffled some feathers was joining in on the rumors that the Admin was racist, ran CJ out of town, etc etc and then using your platforms to continue to spread the stuff. It’s a good way to burn some bridges with some current and former coaches, players, admin, etc.

Idk if you did or were apart of any of that, but if you were, that’s probably where you lost some people. No one wants to be associated with all of that id imagine.

I grew up in Iowa and a similar situation happened there. Some fans who were friends of the coach, took his word on what happened, voiced their displeasure for the school in conjunction with the exiting coach, turns out the coach was just mad because he didn’t get his way, was spreading rumors and the people who thought they knew him and were manipulated into taking his side never were able to be accepted back into the schools functions and admin because of all the stuff they helped do to feed the rumors and lies.

Wish CHS all the best, HS football isn’t the same when Clinton isn’t good and competing against the best.
I really don't care who likes me and who doesn't not going to stop me from doing what I'm doing. I got a lot of great people around me who support me and that's what matters. It's a lot of two faced people in Clinton so as far as that situation is concerned good riddance.

Yall would ban someone over that??? Wow all the fights I seen at high school events,arguments,obscene comments made at coaches and refs. Never seen anyone banned. Let me stay away from Iowa lol. Makes you feel whatever the rumor was true

Last edited:
All I know is what I’ve been told and basically what I was told was, 34 was well respected by most if not all forms of CHS alum, football fans, media. He did so much to promote and defend the program win or lose, but when he chose (again not my words or opinions) to use Facebook, NCpreps, all forms of his platforms to add fuel to the fire that CJ was trying to use to burn down CHS on his way out the door, he lost the the respect from his former school, former coaches, former acquaintances all because they don’t want to be associated with that kind of slander, and whatever insight into the program he had, he won’t have going forward because he picked his side, and that side now resides in SC @ MCHS.

That’s all I’m speaking on the topic cause again, it’s 2nd hand info and idk 34, just trying to put the situation into context.

I’m going back to my 1A boards. Best of luck 34, and to Clinton.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Yall would ban someone over that??? Wow all the fights I seen at high school events,arguments,obscene comments made at coaches and refs. Never seen anyone banned. Let me stay away from Iowa lol. Makes you feel whatever the rumor was true
Idk what happened to the guy, I moved to the mountains of NC before it was resolved.

………..and not a single “F” was given. I will continue to support and promote Clinton football just as I been doing. Some individuals not liking me not going to stop me from being a fan or doing what I been doing.

He must be a “yes man” as that is what 34 said this administration was looking to hire! Good luck to Coach Boykin
I don't necessary think the yes man is what he is. I would say that he is going to do what is needed for the program to grow from what the prior coach. I believe that Clinton could have won the title last year however the spread offense is soft in my opinion. Boykins is going to bring a toughness but also experience. There is a shortage of good coaches and if we are not careful, 80% of these programs will be coached by Pop Warner guys. I think administrations if they are looking for a yes guy needs to be careful because when you interfere with the process you don't get the results you think you should get.
Good Post!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT