ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville at Thomas Jefferson

A good defensive battle in the first half with turnovers by both teams in the rain. Robbinsville doing a nice job of keeping TJ out of the end zone (TJ had to settle for two FG’s). TJ gets the ball to start the 2nd half. TJ 6 Robbinsville 12

Robbinsville puts together a nice drive to increase the lead to 18-6. TJ was in Robbinsville territory but a nice INT and return by #17 for the Knight increases lead to 25-6 with 3:45 in 3rd Qtr.

TJ stopped on downs with 2:12 left...that should probably wrap it up. Great effort by both teams tonight and good luck to Robbinsville in the Western finals.

Game shouldn't been that close. I called it. TJ didnt like the hits we brought.
Different type of football.

I feel like the physicality level didn't affect TJ as much as it did vs Cherokee but I knew going in that if we lost the turnover battle then we would lose the game. If you take away the fumble within our 10 and the int return inside the 10 when we were driving it would have been a completely different game. Injuries are a factor and so were the conditions but you have to control the controllables. It was a great game and best of luck to Robbinsville vs Murphy

We had 2 or 3 turnovers and a big int called back for some reason. Should of been 28-6 at the half or 21-6 at least. Only thing that mattered was tj couldn't stop our pass rush.
TJ would finish 4th or 5th in the Smoky.

We had 2 or 3 turnovers and a big int called back for some reason. Should of been 28-6 at the half or 21-6 at least. Only thing that mattered was tj couldn't stop our pass rush.
TJ would finish 4th or 5th in the Smoky.

I've said it for seasons now. When you drive through 6 counties just to get to the weakest opponent that's available (Chatham Central), bypassing teams that could make you better on the way, you eventually get told on. Last night, Robbinsville told on them. Cherokee had their turn last year. Robbinsville this year. Maybe Mitchell or Murphy gets their shot next year. Who knows?

I've said it for seasons now. When you drive through 6 counties just to get to the weakest opponent that's available (Chatham Central), bypassing teams that could make you better on the way, you eventually get told on. Last night, Robbinsville told on them. Cherokee had their turn last year. Robbinsville this year. Maybe Mitchell or Murphy gets their shot next year. Who knows?

Hi Bum! Always great to read more of your Rutherford county hate. Rather than acknowledging the fact that one of the top academic schools in the state can also have a very competitive 1A football program, you choose to troll TJ on the 1A message boards...so classy. Always interesting to see how you always bring up TJ's schedule but never mention that we played a very solid 2A North Lincoln team. In addition, you must know that none of the Rutherford County or Polk County teams will schedule TJ in any sport (but will schedule lesser teams in TJ's own 1A conference). Good news is that TJ returns most of their starters on offense and defense next season including over 20 juniors so you can continue to watch our playoff games while you and your fans complain about your coaches and underperforming team year after year...Gryphon Pride!

Reactions: dmcamp
You talk as if TJ is doing something by having a decent football team. TJ should have the best team in 1a ever year playing by a different set of rules. If Robbinsvil played by those rules it would be lights out.
If you start a race with a 20yd head start you shouldn't brag about finishing 5th.
20 juniors? Robbinsville has six seniors and 1 is the kicker only. I think we have 12 juniors. Cant remember ever having more than 15 seniors on a team. How does TJ(330) have bigger groups of seniors than Robbinsville (362). Dirty ball.

Last edited:
Unz could return that entire team and get a few lottery students and same thing gonna happen next year!!

TJ has a competitive team? That's a good one. Stop me if you've heard this before. Powderpuff schedule, but out in the 3rd round. Would be out in the 2nd round if NCHSAA actually looked at skill and didn't give you a bye for beating midget teams. Quit living on that "We beat North Lincoln" line.

Glad you guys don’t represent most of the SMC fans I have met over the years. They show class...win or lose.

Hi Bum! Always great to read more of your Rutherford county hate. Rather than acknowledging the fact that one of the top academic schools in the state can also have a very competitive 1A football program, you choose to troll TJ on the 1A message boards...so classy. Always interesting to see how you always bring up TJ's schedule but never mention that we played a very solid 2A North Lincoln team. In addition, you must know that none of the Rutherford County or Polk County teams will schedule TJ in any sport (but will schedule lesser teams in TJ's own 1A conference). Good news is that TJ returns most of their starters on offense and defense next season including over 20 juniors so you can continue to watch our playoff games while you and your fans complain about your coaches and underperforming team year after year...Gryphon Pride!

If you don't like what I have to say, you are more than welcome to keep scrolling. Your opinion of me and what I post matters not a bit to me as what I post shouldn't matter to you.

For what it's worth, I pull for them and would like to see them win a championship at their level. There is no hate for them at all so spare me that shit. When did criticism of something, a strength of schedule, turn people into a bunch of whiners?

Robbinsvilles defense played really good.

TJ #14
Passing 7-27-74yds (.259) 0tds- 3ints

Rushing 23-86yds- (3.7) 1td.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT