ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond

The assistant coaches from those teams.. offense and defensive coordinators are gone. Don’t hand me that crap.

Last edited:
I have been away from the boards for a while now because my interest in HS football is very little since my son has graduated. However, this topic is of interest. My dad grew up in Richmond County when they were the Rockets and I had my fair share of run ins with the Raiders during my day. These schools will always go through cycles. The priority of kids change and maybe football is just not that important to many kids. I'm sure there is still talent in RC just like their is talent in SC but maybe those kids have other interest or just no desire to play football. Is that a crime? I would speculate that what is happening in RC is no different than most single county HS in depressed areas. The issue is more about opportunities else where for education, jobs and quality of life. I just moved to Raleigh from Fayetteville and the resources at my daughter's new high school are night and day between her previous high school. Change will occur whether you like it or not.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
The coaches has not forgotten how to coach. 18&19 Richmond was a top 3 team in the state. If COVID would not have happened we would have been there again for 20. I said It before and I will say it again... No team in our conference would win those first 2 games
Richmond for sure has the toughest non-conference schedule in the SAC. Maybe when it is time to do the schedule again they go for more manageable games to try to get the confidence rolling? I am all for having a battle tested team... you just have to win some of those battles which the Raiders have not.

Reactions: paulraiderfan
I have been away from the boards for a while now because my interest in HS football is very little since my son has graduated. However, this topic is of interest. My dad grew up in Richmond County when they were the Rockets and I had my fair share of run ins with the Raiders during my day. These schools will always go through cycles. The priority of kids change and maybe football is just not that important to many kids. I'm sure there is still talent in RC just like their is talent in SC but maybe those kids have other interest or just no desire to play football. Is that a crime? I would speculate that what is happening in RC is no different than most single county HS in depressed areas. The issue is more about opportunities else where for education, jobs and quality of life. I just moved to Raleigh from Fayetteville and the resources at my daughter's new high school are night and day between her previous high school. Change will occur whether you like it or not.
If you don't mind what HS are you referring to in Fayetteville?

If you don't mind what HS are you referring to in Fayetteville?
It's irrelevant because we enjoyed our last high school. The point I'm making is that these schools in large metro areas like Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro offer more opportunities for students/athletes(just take a look at AP offerings from an educational standpoint. My son had to go to TS to take AP Physics because it wasn't offered at his HS because for one not enough students signed up and secondly they didn't have a teacher qualified to teach it. Now he did just find he is a sophomore at Ga Tech but he went to the online NCSSM so he could bolster his educational experience. My daughter did the same thing. At her new school she wouldn't had to do that because the offerings are plenty. There are plenty of schools out there outside of these large metro areas that do quite well but as a whole its hard to compete/sustain when you have a student body that is north of 2500 and you are a 4a school with a student body of 1600 and a dwindling tax base. Those opportunities extend beyond the schools. My daughter new training facility for softball is insane. There is nothing like it in Fayetteville (24/7 access, hit trax, hack attack, numerous of ex college athletes that serve as trainers/mentors and on top of that its a softball only facility. Not many of those around!

Last edited:
Reactions: Crestuff
I'm surprised they have lasted that long. Their population doesn't seem to move much over the years while everywhere else in the state seems to have a deluge of people moving in.

Reactions: NC Joker
Richmond let two scoring chances get away Played much better tonight...I saw improvement in a lot of areas...Had 3 starters out, but I think this bunch will be ready and prepared when the Conference rolls around....

You listed reasons why Richmond can’t win. You listed no reasons why they can win. I’ve noticed some of the assistant coaches have left the program for whatever reason and their absence is noticeable. I think they drew straws to determine who was gonna coach what unit. 5-8 since the start of 2022 is not good. Want to talk about economics? The Raider coach job pays between $85k -$100k annually. Most people in this area don’t make a third of that salary.
But he did hit the nail on the head….there’s a reason those coaches left. He explain it well. The writings on the wall. Even coach D Barnes would have problems winning in this situation. Barnes was LOADED with talent both times he coached at RC and was a GREAT coach as well.

RC is the new K Brown many years later. Sounds like K Brown finally has a chance to recover.

RC has a great and passionate fan base. The ones who have a lick of intelligence understand exactly what’s going on. However, some fans never get it or never will get it.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
The coaches has not forgotten how to coach. 18&19 Richmond was a top 3 team in the state. If COVID would not have happened we would have been there again for 20. I said It before and I will say it again... No team in our conference would win those first 2 games
Who ever made the schedule thought we could win those games don't you think? Why would Richmond schedule games they can't win?

Who ever made the schedule thought we could win those games don't you think? Why would Richmond schedule games they can't win?
The Butler/Richmond game has been around since 09. Its actually been competitive, Butler will win few then Richmond will win a few. I think Richmond won the last three prior to Butler winning the last two.

But he did hit the nail on the head….there’s a reason those coaches left. He explain it well. The writings on the wall. Even coach D Barnes would have problems winning in this situation. Barnes was LOADED with talent both times he coached at RC and was a GREAT coach as well.

RC is the new K Brown many years later. Sounds like K Brown finally has a chance to recover.

RC has a great and passionate fan base. The ones who have a lick of intelligence understand exactly what’s going on. However, some fans never get it or never will get it.
AL Brown is back in 3A and possibly the weakest 3A conference in the state. They may win six or seven in the regular season.

COVID has touched ever aspect of life. Then our politicians made it even worse keeping kids out for a year. Sports took a very hard hit,now when school started back,here we go again in Columbus county. Funny how that works my friend.

I guess thats the reason why businesses all up and down main street have
help wanted signs up and complain that they just cant get help or good
help.
If it's not a wage that people can live off of it doesn't matter. Everyone knows the economy in SC during the 80' and 90's was booming. Folks from marlboro, rc, robeson and beyond would drive 30 plus miles to work there. That's not the case or has been for quite some time. It just makes it tough - that's the point!

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
If it's not a wage that people can live off of it doesn't matter. Everyone knows the economy in SC during the 80' and 90's was booming. Folks from marlboro, rc, robeson and beyond would drive 30 plus miles to work there. That's not the case or has been for quite some time. It just makes it tough - that's the point!
I agree with ya 99... the exact reason I don't live in SC is because there is no way I can earn a wage worth living on (let alone raising a my family on) back home. RC is starting to feel what SC has been feeling for some years now.. (lets not forget at one time SC was 4AA)...only thing is SC has had time to adjust to the changes (drop in economy and population) to keep the program a competitive one.

Richmond’s JV lost to Myers Park tonight,26-0, and haven’t won a game yet.

Richmond is about to experience a rough few years.
Yikes. Thats very alarming. Whomever loses tomorrow is gonna be 0-4 before conference play. A big hole to dig out of. Good news is someone gets a big win and gets their season headed in right direction

They suck so bad time for a change for sure. Till had a couple of years of the best teams Richmond has had and didn't even get to the championship. Now we get blown out everyweek????

I think it’ll be open for him to apply after this season. 7 years is the average tenure of a Richmond HC. It’s year 7 for Till.

Writing is on the wall.

I think it’ll be open for him to apply after this season. 7 years is the average tenure of a Richmond HC. It’s year 7 for Till.

Writing is on the wall.
I have question and hopefully someone can or will answer.
I have seen more talk on social media about the raiders.
They are saying that a lot of the talented players is being left on the side lines is this true ?
If so why ?
Yes I have always went to the raider games but haven’t been since Covid but started going back this year and that’s just to the home games .
I haven’t followed much of the players In middle school but one and yea I know this guys has gotten speed but has not started yet .
But they are say players meaning more then one .
So I would like to know if this is true ??? If so And why ????

They are saying that a lot of the talented players is being left on the side lines is this true ?
If so why ?
Yes I have always went to the raider games but haven’t been since Covid but started going back this year and that’s just to the home games .
I haven’t followed much of the players In middle school but one and yea I know this guys has gotten speed but has not started yet .
I think the coaches definitely aren’t playing the best players. That makes a lot of sense. I have heard there are four or five college level kids on the sidelines. What about you?

Just hope those best players don’t lose on purpose since they mad about not playing once they get in.

If so why ?
Need to play the fast guys more for sure

I think the coaches definitely aren’t playing the best players. That makes a lot of sense. I have heard there are four or five college level kids on the sidelines. What about you?

Just hope those best players don’t lose on purpose since they mad about not playing once they get in.
I have only heard that they are leaving the most talented players or most of them on the sidelines aka as decorated what one person said.
Honestly I don’t know all of the talented players but do know one who is fast and has been since he played the travel team and middle school. I have wonder why he hasn’t seen the field except standing on the sidelines??

I have wonder why they haven’t used both QB since they have said both were pretty much equal, but I have also said to myself maybe they see that the QB they are using is the better QB.
I promise you I don’t know much about who the talented players that are on the sidelines that they are talking about only maybe one .
This years and I have only been to two since Covid hit that I started going back to the games .
During Covid I had a nervous breakdown that brought back a lot of bad memories and they said I had ptsd , depression and anxiety.
I know y’all didn’t need to know all that but that’s reason why I don’t know much about our players this years or coming up !!!!
I have my good days but more bad days my little one is the one that forces me to go lol and say you can do this mom

Gotta get them travel team guys that are fast out there more for sure. The coaches must not be seeing this or just being hard headed. I know it’s some dudes on the sidelines.

Quarterback rotation may be good thing too or maybe not

Gotta get them travel team guys that are fast out there more for sure. The coaches must not be seeing this or just being hard headed. I know it’s some dudes on the sidelines.

Quarterback rotation may be good thing too or maybe not
I gotcha !!!
Them coaches has been here long enough to know how good that travel team was .
And Bob should be use not standing on the sides . Let’s see what he got on the next level!!!! He has exceeded in every level !!!!
Same for the rest

I gotcha !!!
Them coaches has been here long enough to know how good that travel team was .
And Bob should be use not standing on the sides . Let’s see what he got on the next level!!!! He has exceeded in every level !!!!
Same for the rest
maybe get some travel coaches out there helping too. What you think?

They know Bob

maybe get some travel coaches out there helping too. What you think?

They know Bob
I think it would not hurt .
I mean you have the coaches who knows the players and the players know the coaches they have a connection which is key in coaching.
They have the relationships with the parents.
They know who is calm and collected , they know the rowdy ones and the parents you may have to ask to leave a game lol .
Also some of them coaches played for Richmond and I think maybe they have gotten that ring or rings !!!!
The travel team is very disciplined and honest you can’t be weak to play on the team it’s a big difference between parks & rec…
Honestly I wish Richmond had a travel team for soccer.
That’s what my child plays she is 6 and has played 4 seasons and this is her 5th season and she finally got some good coaches.
Btw she been really mad that Richmond has been losing but like I told her you still stand behind your team …
like I also told every team you been on has lose games but you still kept playing and having a smile on face and kept trying.
That’s what you got to do here is stand by team and hope for better

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT