ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond

Not making excuses but Richmond has 10 sophomores players on varsity with 2 QBs
Isn't that a perfect statement to highlight the "whats wrong with Richmond" question. When in the history of the program has there ever been a need to have 10 sophomores up on Varsity? And i think it is an indictment on the sport overall sadly. More and more teams are pressed to playing younger and younger kids because the numbers of true football players is shrinking in so many areas of the state. And what is more alarming is the JV score because typically Richmond has been lucky enough to lineup on Thursday nights with teams loaded with Sophomores compared to teams made up almost entirely of Freshmen. The times they are a changing.

Reactions: paulraiderfan
Isn't that a perfect statement to highlight the "whats wrong with Richmond" question. When in the history of the program has there ever been a need to have 10 sophomores up on Varsity? And i think it is an indictment on the sport overall sadly. More and more teams are pressed to playing younger and younger kids because the numbers of true football players is shrinking in so many areas of the state. And what is more alarming is the JV score because typically Richmond has been lucky enough to lineup on Thursday nights with teams loaded with Sophomores compared to teams made up almost entirely of Freshmen. The times they are a changing.
I agree. Richmond has always had great JV squads but this years team is not. Like I stated earlier...it will be several years before Richmond is competitive again. I feel major coaching changes is what's needed before a turnaround can begin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT