ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond @ Scotland "The Rivalry"

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
The rivalry of all rivalries in the state of NC 2023 edition as the Raiders travel
to the Scots....Scot 8-1 and Richmond 4-5 but both are 4-1 in the conference. Scotland
has sewed up the 3a #1 in the conference while Richmond is playing for seeding. Last year at Richmond, Scotland scored in the final minute on 4th and long then got the 2 pt conversion but still Rich got into the red zone and Scot intercepted on the final play. S 22-21....
Massey right now has it Richmond 31-30... Thoughts, opinions, predictions?
GO SCOTS

Scotland is the typical Scotland, everything begins with their power rushing attack led by #2 Zay Jones with 1896 yds on nearly 9 yds per carry, 29 tds...
Richmond will have a hard time stopping that. Expect the Scots to win by 2-3 scores....

Reactions: paulraiderfan
What’s the all time record between the two in this series?
A bunch to a few. Regardless of the overall record these two bring out the best and the worst in each other every time they meet. The world is a kinder more gentle world now so not quite as many fights in the parking lot before and after the game as there use to be. But, still best to keep your head on a swivel :cool:

Reactions: nwguilford007
glad rivalry is still good....went to this game about 4 years ago when it was at richmond and it was packed!!! went to my hometown rivalry game last Friday and Grimsley had descent crowd but page didnt have half of what they used to bring....glad football is still important down that way

Its not going to be a blow out... that's for sure....if the Scots can get their play calling and defense together early in the game the the Scots roll early... if not.... it'll come down to who screws up most (turnovers, wasted time outs, etc.). I was hoping to be more confident in this particular pick by now... but Imma go with Scotland (in a tight one)...

You guys are making this way more complicated that it actually is. These are the facts. I will tow the grill, we will have excellent food at the tailgate. One team (wearing blue) will play in the playoffs beginning next week. The other team (in green) will report to basketball practice Monday after school.

GO.... 2nd that response. this should be a business as usual friday night. if it aint broke dont fix it.

That is correct. I see the early exit though WIN.
So glad to here confidence speak GO,,, one thing though, they do let 20 something seeds into the playoffs
Thanksgiving will be uninterrupted over there this year. Hopefully we’ll be practicing.

There is no way that a once proud Raider program would accept an invitation to the playoffs with a 4-6 records. Their only wins this year will be Union Pines, S. Lee, Hoke, and Lee County. It would be a complete embarrassment for their program to accept a 32 seed

Reactions: paulraiderfan
There is no way that a once proud Raider program would accept an invitation to the playoffs with a 4-6 records. Their only wins this year will be Union Pines, S. Lee, Hoke, and Lee County. It would be a complete embarrassment for their program to accept a 32 seed
Now that I definitely agree with. But really no team should enter any playoff with a losing record at all. But like you said. It would be embarrassing

No Doubt

Point differential conference games.......

Hoke::::::::::::Scot +23 Rich+41
S Lee::::::::::Scot +43 Rich+20
U Pines:::::::Scot +45 Rich +26
Lee co.::::::::Scot +35 Rich +21
Pinecrest:::: Scot -10 Rich -8

What can we take from these numbers..
Scotland generally won by a little more verse the weak conf teams
Both lost to PC at home. Scots all everything rb didnt play the 3rd quarter
and all went bad. Rich stayed right there the entire night (i was there)

Last edited:
Its not going to be a blow out... that's for sure....if the Scots can get their play calling and defense together early in the game the the Scots roll early... if not.... it'll come down to who screws up most (turnovers, wasted time outs, etc.). I was hoping to be more confident in this particular pick by now... but Imma go with Scotland (in a tight one)...
(My Scotland fans are going to hate me for this but it has to be said) Besides the winner... did I not call it. Turnover, defense showing up late, and terrible play calling in the 4th quarter caused us yet another huge game that could and should have been won. Those guys played way too hard to put themselves back into the game to have a coaching staff not have anything to get them into the end zone. 3 identical plays back to back to back with the game on the line??? long passes on the short side of the field? Well more of the same if aske me... we will do fine in the playoffs until we come up against a team with some players and a coaching staff who can adjust. Love Bailey to death... he is good for the program on many levels (motivation, family, unity, etc.) but until this man learns to adjust in game he will never win a State Ring. (Sorry my Scotland Family) but I'm a true Realist.

The rivalry of all rivalries in the state of NC
200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT