ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond @ Leesville rd

Can RSH slow down the passing game of LR....I think take away the deep ball and play with the same fire we played with Friday against the scots and we will be fine....I dont see a high scoring game like the scot game...No deep ball scores and no turn overs could lead to a Raider WIN...I was impressed with the running of Greene and the O line playing PHYSICAL...Tillman played his best game of the year on decision making, with one hickup......Had a little let down on the scot sideline side of our D at end of 3rd and beginning of 4th..., but other than that they were very PHYSICAL...We had a chance to bury the scots and let them back in the game by things we did to ourselves...Cant let that happen in Level 3.....Good luck Raiders , just give your best effort every play and be satisfied with your effort when its over and we will be fine...

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Haven't seen much on LR other than highlight clips. Based on numbers they are pretty balanced, need to stop the run first. Force them to play behind the chains and all that good coach speak. The physical play we showed Friday needs to be there again this game. Not a very physical schedule outside of Cardinal Gibbons and WF. So we need to try and bully them into mistakes.

I think LR will be a double digit favorite to win this game. I do think this is a game that RC can win but I think LR will advance.

i have to say, if the Richmond team from the 1st half against scotland shows up then LR would be in trouble. this is no ordinary 5 loss team. this is a seasoned/tested team. i say richmond spoils another home teams night by 7-10 points.

Reactions: tigertown21
i have to say, if the Richmond team from the 1st half against scotland shows up then LR would be in trouble. this is no ordinary 5 loss team. this is a seasoned/tested team. i say richmond spoils another home teams night by 7-10 points.
I have always given RC the credit they deserve and am a fan of their program, With that being said I think they are an average 5-5 team. If you look at who they have beaten and how bad they have lost it looks pretty ordinary.

Reactions: paulraiderfan
I have always given RC the credit they deserve and am a fan of their program, With that being said I think they are an average 5-5 team. If you look at who they have beaten and how bad they have lost it looks pretty ordinary.
Well lets discuss that ...Played a awesome non conf schedule....Gave a lot of seniors a chance that didnt pan out , like we had hoped ..Weve made about 5 changes on D side and now have both of our d ends playing together...A qb that had been a freshman wide reciever,and a backup that is also a soph , after the sr. decided not to play at the last minute and run cross country...Every team that beat Richmond won the Conference Championship...We really got man handled in Non , but we have gotten a LOT BETTER ON BOTH SIDES...I want make any perdictions , but I will say if we dont turn it over , dont give up no deep balls and play with the same intensity we played against the scots we might have a small chance at pulling the upset...

Well lets discuss that ...Played an awesome non conf schedule....Gave a lot of seniors a chance that didnt pan out , like we had hoped ..Weve made about 5 changes on D side and now have both of our d ends playing together...A qb that had been a freshman wide reciever,and a backup that is also a soph , after the sr. decided not to play at the last minute and run cross country...Every team that beat Richmond won the Conference Championship...We really got man handled in Non , but we have gotten a LOT BETTER ON BOTH SIDES...I want make any perdictions , but I will say if we dont turn it over , dont give up no deep balls and play with the same intensity we played against the scots we might have a small chance at pulling the upset...
I hope you are right. Playoffs are always more interesting when RC is in the mix.

do you really believe that port, not to throw back at you but i cant imagine hoggard more than 1 game better than them if you played there schedule, maybe even the same record, then everyone would be talking about how bad hoggard was this year

Reactions: raiderstud
do you really believe that port, not to throw back at you but i cant imagine hoggard more than 1 game better than them if you played there schedule, maybe even the same record, then everyone would be talking about how bad hoggard was this year
That may be true as far as the record. RC was outscored 184-61 in their loses. Thats an average of 37-12. Some of their TDS came in wash up time. Where Hoggard may have lost those same 5 games I do not believe they would have gotten blown out. RC has a nice win against SC but even you know this isnt a great SC team. I am not hating on RC, I am sure they have improved but I surely don’t see how anyone can call for a 2 TD victory on the road against a team thats probably as good as them. This seems like an average team to me. I wish RC well and hope they win by 14.

LR 27
RC 0

I know RC has some die hard fans but to look at what this team has and has not done this year and predict a 2 TD victory on the road in the playoffs is a big stretch. I have been watching HS FB for a long time and I have very rarely seen a good 5-5 team. I have no problem believing they could win but to think it wouldn’t be close is hard to figure. Hope RC can get things turned around soon.

LR 27
RC 0

I know RC has some die hard fans but to look at what this team has and has not done this year and predict a 2 TD victory on the road in the playoffs is a big stretch. I have been watching HS FB for a long time and I have very rarely seen a good 5-5 team. I have no problem believing they could win but to think it wouldn’t be close is hard to figure. Hope RC can get things turned around soon.
The one that picked RSH by two scores was just trying to give LR some bulletin board material.....He loves to see the Raiders fall....

Change needs to happen ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to comment more on this matter but I will wait until change happens.
Couldn't agree any more. Raider football is spiraling downwards out of control. Never thought I would ever see Raiders have more penalty yards than offensive yards in a game...

Reactions: dcov33
Couldn't agree any more. Raider football is spiraling downwards out of control. Never thought I would ever see Raiders have more penalty yards than offensive yards in a game...
7-8 sophomore players starting makes a difference for sure. The only change that needs to happen is offensive coordinator. The last two seasons we have had co coordinators. They both played o- line. Let's settle on one and open the play book up more next year.

Change needs to happen ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to comment more on this matter but I will wait until change happens.
I don’t think a change will be made before next season. If a change is made who do you go after? I’m sure there are better paying jobs out there with less stress. Stress meaning expectations. If the job does come open I dont think top tier coaches will apply. The current coach was virtually an unknown before he arrived at Richmond. His best season at his former school was 7-5 and he brought no assistant coaches with him. I find that very odd. Having top tier talent for a couple of years can cover up bad coaching. Having said all this I just don’t think the powers that be will make a change because I don’t think they up to the challenge of finding the right coach for the job. People around here are known for letting things ride and not looking to the future.

Just curious, if Till leaves or if a change is made, how do you think the sales pitch to the next coach should be framed? What are the incentives or plusses we should use to attract a top tier coach?

I think facilities are still top notch, single school district is a definite plus, rich tradition of course, these are attractive but a lot of people win without them.

Does Richmond try to poach a named Coach from an established program, an up and comer or promote from within?

What say ye Raider Nation?

Coach Denson is a good hire for the program.

I think facilities are still top notch, single school district is a definite plus, rich tradition of course, these are attractive but a lot of people win without them.

Does Richmond try to poach a named Coach from an established program, an up and comer or promote from within?

What say ye Raider Nation?

Last edited:
Well he is more involved with Raider football than the son at present time. So you want to bring in a guy who coached under Hoggard, Castellano and Till 3 coaches the fan base has come to hate? And i am the one who has jokes, ok.

Well he is more involved with Raider football than the son at present time. So you want to bring in a guy who coached under Hoggard, Castellano and Till 3 coaches the fan base has come to hate? And i am the one who has jokes, ok.
Average coach at RSHS lasts around 7 years. It’s less a hate thing and more of, historically, Till’s time has run out. Seems like it will be an amicable split if it does happen.

I say that and also say that there is talent coming in the next few years.

Average coach at RSHS lasts around 7 years. It’s less a hate thing and more of, historically, Till’s time has run out. Seems like it will be an amicable split if it does happen.

I say that and also say that there is talent coming in the next few years.
Good point about the 7 years average and excellent selling point to a potential new guy regarding the upcoming talent. But that upcoming talent could also be seen as a reason to keep things consistent. New coach, new staff might involve a complete overhaul and take that young talent longer to develop then allowing them to mature and become better at what they are used to.

The 7 year thing could be viewed as something that would keep away potential coaches. I mean we weren't satisfied with people who won 82%, 91%, 80%, 70% a state championship and dealt with Covid during their time at Richmond. So why would an established coach looking for a place to call home for the duration of his career apply?

I am not advocating one way or another, I just think we need to be aware the grass may not be greener on the other side.

The way the fan base demands a state championship every year and puts unrealistic pressure on an already great coach will make the job less desirable to any future candidate. Till is a great coach just going through a rough patch of talent.

Up coming talent...I think the jv team was 2 and 7......The county thinks every coach has to compare to the Barnes days.....Great athletes and a great staff of coaches...Great recreation programs....Around 8 teams , 4 jr highs , molding young players who want to be Raiders....The city of Rockingham ONLY has flag football...

Rec leagues don't exist anymore, travel ball replaced them. Remember how top notch the baseball leagues were at one time in Richmond County? All-Star teams winning state and regional tournaments every year. Those leagues have gone the way of the dinosaurs. Football and basketball have followed that same model so less kids are exposed or getting the chance to play as was the case when Rec was the only way to play. A lot cheaper and easier to pay that Rec one time registration fee and play games in the county as opposed to tournament fees and the travel involved on the weekends. So I agree Raiderstud, the feeder system in Richmond county has taken a dump over the last decade or so and we are now starting to see the results. Richmond County baseball at one time was every bit as dominant as the football team and yet here we are.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT