ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond @ Leesville rd

Rec leagues don't exist anymore, travel ball replaced them. Remember how top notch the baseball leagues were at one time in Richmond County? All-Star teams winning state and regional tournaments every year. Those leagues have gone the way of the dinosaurs. Football and basketball have followed that same model so less kids are exposed or getting the chance to play as was the case when Rec was the only way to play. A lot cheaper and easier to pay that Rec one time registration fee and play games in the county as opposed to tournament fees and the travel involved on the weekends. So I agree Raiderstud, the feeder system in Richmond county has taken a dump over the last decade or so and we are now starting to see the results. Richmond County baseball at one time was every bit as dominant as the football team and yet here we are.
Don't the Raider Elite still play? They have a pretty good organization. Also PTSG from Fayetteville and Charlotte practice in Rockingham and have a few Richmond County guys.

RC needs to get football back at the 9th grade academy. Also dont the 4 MS still have pretty good football?

Agree that REC ball in RC has fallen off greatly.

Reactions: paulraiderfan
Up coming talent...I think the jv team was 2 and 7......The county thinks every coach has to compare to the Barnes days.....Great athletes and a great staff of coaches...Great recreation programs....Around 8 teams , 4 jr highs , molding young players who want to be Raiders....The city of Rockingham ONLY has flag football...
Let me be more specific. The talent is in middle school and upper elementary school. Will take 4-5 more years for it all to get to Richmond. Gonna be some barren years similar to the past 2 before then.

Richmond has been super blessed to not experience attrition of talent, but it’s here now. Temper expectations, which I believe 2022 and 2023 has forced RC fans to do, hire a young coach (Cory Johnson is my pick), and rebuild.

Reactions: paulraiderfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT