ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond at Butler (Memorial Stadium)

Wow bro great motivation butler is always tough and we have to play the refs to lol we will be okay work on tackling and wrapping up all this week.

Reactions: tigertown21
Wow, RCO not known for doubting his Raiders like that, think it will be closer than you think but Butler is never a joke...

Butler looked pretty damn solid against Oceanside (SC).... Richie will need to come with its all to take this one... but I think it is doable... cant let their foot off the pedal at all for this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
Butler’s defense had their fifth shutout since the Spring. The defense should keep Butler in this game until the offense really starts rolling. I did think the offense did some good things on Saturday. Balanced with good pace.

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
Well, Richmond has no defense to speak of, especially after that fiasco at Mt. Tabor! I despise playing at Memorial Stadium.

Well, Richmond has no defense to speak of, especially after that fiasco at Mt. Tabor! I despise playing at Memorial Stadium.
Defense looked pretty good the first half seen some bad tackling then. Now the second half was horrible but a lot of guys was playing out of position. I haven't been to Memorial Stadium since 2010 so I'm kinda excited to see how it looks since the make over.

On YOUTUBE search "Memorial Stadium Charlotte, NC" and you'll find several videos of the "New" Memorial Stadium. It is totally new, they tore it down to the dirt and completely rebuilt it. It now seats only about 10,500. All of the seating on both sides is now below surrounding grade, with no more high level seating on either side.

The field is now a little larger, which is a good thing. Those stone walls in the back corners of the end zones were too close, and a little dangerous. They did reuse the stone for the field walls showing "American Legion Memorial Stadium", which is identical to the way the lettering looked in 1936 when to stadium opened.

I'm sure concession stands, restrooms, and scoreboard are much nicer, but I personally miss the old stadium with higher seats.

Wow I had no idea they completely tore down the old stadium! It looks great. I'm not sure how much stadiums cost, but 40 million for a glorified HS soccer stadium seems steep.

I think the 1 level of seating will make the football atmosphere better. I wish I could go to the game on Saturday.

Raiders defense or defensive coordinator needs some work. Hard to believe that as good as the Raiders offense has been over the last 15 years, that they don't have talent on the defensive side. Not trying to be critical, just my 2 cents worth. Go Raiders!!

Raiders defense or defensive coordinator needs some work. Hard to believe that as good as the Raiders offense has been over the last 15 years, that they don't have talent on the defensive side. Not trying to be critical, just my 2 cents worth. Go Raiders!!
They haven’t had a top flight defense since the Barnes,Ed Emory days. A long time ago.

In the meantime until scores are updated for Butler game, St John’s defeated Don Boscoe Prep 27-6. Butler will play St John’s the following week.

hey
where is that one guy DAMOUTHOFDASOUTH when we need him.....is he not a Richmond alumni?
I be listening to Richie playing Butler on the radio.. Hope that 3 points don’t haunt Richie in the second half.. Also I hope Richie don’t cramp up like last week. I been studying how to be suave and debonair like S2V2 but I ain’t improving..

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and S2V2
I be listening to Richie playing Butler on the radio.. Hope that 3 points don’t haunt Richie in the second half.. Also I hope Richie don’t cramp up like last week. I been studying how to be suave and debonair like S2V2 but I ain’t improving..
You cant be like MIKE
Richie Rich will win tonight - I'll put my 82nd patch on that one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT