ADVERTISEMENT

Rematch East Gaston @ Community School of Davidson

egfan

Jul 22, 2003
Rematch of last season's round 1. My Warriors aren't as talented or as good as last year and we are a little banged up, but I still think we have a chance in this game. Win or lose, we'll play hard.

Rematch of last season's round 1. My Warriors aren't as talented or as good as last year and we are a little banged up, but I still think we have a chance in this game. Win or lose, we'll play hard.
Enjoy the trip to CSD. They score A LOT of points and are FAST. Defense has given up only a couple TD’s the last 7 weeks too. Hopefully will be a good game!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
CSD is really good (obviously). If CSD can handle the EG physicality up front, then I think this could be a three score game. Coach Postell is a heck of a coach and he will definitely have his guys ready to play.

East Gaston 14 CSD 6 half EG RB Stovall got injured 1st play of the game (ankle).

To me, CSD reminded me of Stuart Cramer. Both teams throw the ball almost every down. Both teams have very good QB's, but the Cramer QB is a better athlete. Bunker Hill must get pressure on the CSD QB, if he gets time to throw he is dangerous. That big tight end for CSD is a handful too. I believe the game will be close.

To me, CSD reminded me of Stuart Cramer. Both teams throw the ball almost every down. Both teams have very good QB's, but the Cramer QB is a better athlete. Bunker Hill must get pressure on the CSD QB, if he gets time to throw he is dangerous. That big tight end for CSD is a handful too. I believe the game will be close.
Pretty fair assessment. Our QB leads the state in yards and TD’s this year (almost 50). Our TE is a sophomore and our 4th best receiver. The leading receiver in the state plays for us and did not play against EG with a leg injury. If our O line gives us protection - our offense is difficult to stop. We threw two pics in the end zone that are usual scores - you guys also did a great job of only allowing us to have 9 snaps on offense in the first half - that’s not typical for us.

Also worth noting we were down our starting RB vs EG as well. Both teams played with the backup RB’s.

Looking forward to a good game!

I'm torn on y'all's next game you kind of want Bunker Hill to win so we can have a HomeTown third round game... but I kinda would like to beat a new team that we haven't played yet🤣🤣. And I believe our receiver at maiden Chris Culver finished first in the state in receiving.

The loss Friday still stings for me. EG RB Stovall going down on the 1st play was huge (he was really our only home run hitter). I can't predict what the outcome would have been, but it would have been nice to see.

The loss Friday still stings for me. EG RB Stovall going down on the 1st play was huge (he was really our only home run hitter). I can't predict what the outcome would have been, but it would have been nice to see.
Yeah - tough to see that, especially his senior year. Felt for the kid. We were down our star WR and RB too. To be expected in playoffs I suppose!

I'm torn on y'all's next game you kind of want Bunker Hill to win so we can have a HomeTown third round game... but I kinda would like to beat a new team that we haven't played yet🤣🤣. And I believe our receiver at maiden Chris Culver finished first in the state in receiving.
Yeah, you’re right - he fell down when he missed a game. Interestingly enough - and I’m sure your guy sat some too but our starters have those stats with having only played in 3 full regular season games. Most of them sat once we got substantial leads.

Hoping for a great game with Bunker Hill. I believe you guys have a game this weekend too - so, let’s not start talking about who you’re beating in the 3rd round until you’ve taken care of business in the 2nd. Best of luck to you guys this Friday.

Yeah, you’re right - he fell down when he missed a game. Interestingly enough - and I’m sure your guy sat some too but our starters have those stats with having only played in 3 full regular season games. Most of them sat once we got substantial leads.

Hoping for a great game with Bunker Hill. I believe you guys have a game this weekend too - so, let’s not start talking about who you’re beating in the 3rd round until you’ve taken care of business in the 2nd. Best of luck to you guys this Friday.
Bunker Hill will probably be the most talented and best team y'all played all year. Great running back and good QB and athletes in a lot of positions. I checked out y'all's schedule not many teams on there to test your teams abilities

Bunker Hill will probably be the most talented and best team y'all played all year. Great running back and good QB and athletes in a lot of positions. I checked out y'all's schedule not many teams on there to test your teams abilities
We can only play who’s on the schedule and that’s precisely why our starters have only played for 3 full games all year. All that said - We have seen allll the tape and while BH seems like a great team - they don’t have a dynamic offense and they don’t do anything that we haven’t seen. I’m hopeful for a great game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT