ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville Vs Shelby

Good game Shelby!! Congrats

Last year's (actually earlier this year) Reidsville team would have dominated Shelby ... Hendersonville eliminated Shelby and Hendersonville was put away by Mountain Heritage. And then we saw what happened to Mountain Heritage in the championship game (6-35). That was a great Reidsville team.

This was a rebuilding year for Reidsville after huge graduation losses of all-star players and the young Rams over-accomplished to get to the final 8.

This year's Shelby (probable) state championship team is awesome. Way too much for rebuilding Rams. Props to the 2021 Golden Lions.
Strong words coming from a fan who's team is 1-4 against Shelby, Might want to start winning some of the future match ups before saying too much , geez ! Anything to make it sound better to the rest of the state huh ? With a record of 1-4 against Shelby everyone knows who's who !

TGT

Well-Known Member​

I forgot who eliminated Shelby from the playoffs in the spring.
Was it Hendersonville?
I knew that, but trying to add a little extra to this thread ... Yeah, it's a somewhat different set of players for all teams ... but that outcome does seem to indicate something.

Like Quote Reply

He didn’t sound too concerned about his “rebuilding Rams” in this post did he? Sounded like a man who was expecting to win easily, since Shelby lost to Hendersonville in the spring.

Strong words coming from a fan who's team is 1-4 against Shelby, Might want to start winning some of the future match ups before saying too much , geez ! Anything to make it sound better to the rest of the state huh ? With a record of 1-4 against Shelby everyone knows who's who !
Not really strong words. Just conjecture using comparison scores from this calendar year. Facts are facts and Shelby has indeed got Reidsville's number by a 4-1 count in the last 15 years.

But fact is also that Shelby didn't even reach the state semis last season, a year that Reidsville dominated the same bracket in the playoffs 50-0, 49-15, 49-21 and 35-6. Wallace-Rose Hill and Elizabeth City Northeastern were among the victims. We'll never know what would have happened if Shelby hadn't lost to Hendersonville.

I know, what have you done for me lately? Shelby 31-14.

TGT

Well-Known Member​

I forgot who eliminated Shelby from the playoffs in the spring.
Was it Hendersonville?
I knew that, but trying to add a little extra to this thread ... Yeah, it's a somewhat different set of players for all teams ... but that outcome does seem to indicate something.

Like Quote Reply

He didn’t sound too concerned about his “rebuilding Rams” in this post did he? Sounded like a man who was expecting to win easily, since Shelby lost to Hendersonville in the spring.
Like I said, just tying to add a little extra to this thread (bait).

Reactions: Kylar2018
Reidsville posters shouldn't feel bad. You're too good to be in the east anyway. You belong over here with all the other good teams getting your butt kicked more often, preventing you from racking up 32 game win streaks playing pop warner offenses out there.

Go pop some popcorn and sit on the couch next to Maiden, Hendersonville, Monroe, and Salisbury and enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Last edited:
We had 1 seed from 3a scheduled and it was cancelled for COVID-19 . So once again you have no idea what your talking about. But what’s new
"It was canceled"

So should they have counted a game that wasn't played when determining RPI? What an idiot?!

Sorry to keep you from your well deserved gloating but I had other matter to attend to once we got back home today.

Congrats to Shelby on a convincing win last night over Reidsville. The Golden Lions defensive front totally dominated a young and injury riddled Rams offensive line. Possession after possession after possession the powerful Lions front humiliated the smaller Rams. And that was the game. Period.

If this had been fight the refs would have stopped it in about the sixth or seventh round via TKO. No contest.

But the visit was not a total loss. I had a great hamburger steak plate at the Shelby Cafe. With grilled onions and onion rings. Brought back memories of long ago days with long since deceased friends eating at rambbq Short Sugars. My favorite meal there.

Best of luck to the Golden Lions as they seek another state championship. Don't let this game fool you. Those pesky Cards from Pilot Mountain will put up a much better effort than you saw last night.
Not so fast, Mule. You aren’t getting off that easy.
And making excuses about youth, injuries and size?
Where is that over the top praise we get all year from you about how dominating Reidsville is.
4-1, and most not close. That is dominating
We came over to your side at the end of last night’s beat down to discuss things.
Not so surprisingly, you and your gang had fled the scene. When did you go….after the safety?
You, as the…. godfather…mouthpiece for Reidsville football forever, need to answer a few things.
How many more convincing losses to Shelby will it take before you and your gang “stand down” on the bogus claim that Reidsville is the “capitol (sic)” of NC high school football?
Reidsville is not the capital of anything.
You hold NONE of the statistical leads in any of the modern era football categories. A 31 year absence from title games.
Shelby does not claim it is the capital. That is for OTHERS to decide. We rest on historical facts to define ourselves as the True Dynasty.
Mule, don’t keep up the myth.
We have beaten you soundly 4 out of 5 times in the last 17 years.
It’s over.

Reactions: Kylar2018
Reidsville posters shouldn't feel bad. You're too good to be in the east anyway. You belong over here with all the other good teams getting your butt kicked more often, preventing you from racking up 32 game win streaks playing pop warner offenses out there.

Go pop some popcorn and sit on the couch next to Maiden, Hendersonville, Monroe, and Salisbury and enjoy the rest of the playoffs.
Hey Dude I bet you cannot even began to defend the ignorance of that statement. Challenge me. Don't keep making ignorant statement that have no merit nor truth. You want to discuss football fine. We are the other good team. You know it. I went back and read post from previous seasons. You all have them memorized like nursery rhymes. You are however highly, and I mean highly, forgetful.

Where is that over the top praise we get all year from you about how dominating Reidsville is.
We came over to your side at the end of last night’s beat down to discuss things.
Not so surprisingly, you and your gang had fled the scene. When did you go….after the safety?
You, as the…. godfather…mouthpiece for Reidsville football forever, need to answer a few things.
How many more convincing losses to Shelby will it take before you and your gang “stand down” on the bogus claim that Reidsville is the “capitol (sic)” of NC high school football?
You hold NONE of the statistical leads in any of the modern era football categories. A 31 year absence from title games.
Shelby does not claim it is the capital. That is for OTHERS to decide. We rest on historical facts to define ourselves as the True Dynasty.
It’s over.

Last year's (actually earlier this year) Reidsville team would have dominated Shelby ... Hendersonville eliminated Shelby and Hendersonville was put away by Mountain Heritage. And then we saw what happened to Mountain Heritage in the championship game (6-35). That was a great Reidsville team.

This was a rebuilding year for Reidsville after huge graduation losses of all-star players and the young Rams over-accomplished to get to the final 8.

This year's Shelby (probable) state championship team is awesome. Way too much for rebuilding Rams. Props to the 2021 Golden Lions.
Well our team from 4,000 years ago would have beaten your team from last year. Sounds really stupid don't it, just like you did. Each year is different we dealt with this year and know the answer. Shelby dominated period.

Kicked their ass! Too big and too strong for them, period. Told them back in October this wouldn’t be the game everyone expects. To hear them tell it, though, they never actually lose any game. It’s always some lame excuse.

East Surry in ‘19: Wrong coverage
WRH in ‘17 : The Refs
Shelby, every loss: injuries

Get tf over yourselves! Whipping Reidsville’s ass is nothing new to Shelby.

As I posted earlier and deleted it, Shelby is the one opponent where “I just hope we score” takes on its literal meaning. The Rams offense does nothing when they face the Lions.

Prior to the Spring, your offense would always struggle against a big and athletic defense in NE. I knew it would be the same scenario vs Shelby. It always was.

Last edited:
It’s over.
Dudley has fried fish at their concession stand.

Kicked their ass! Too big and too strong for them, period. Told them back in October this wouldn’t be the game everyone expects. To hear them tell it, though, they never actually lose any game. It’s always some lame excuse.

East Surry in ‘19: Wrong coverage
WRH in ‘17 : The Refs
Shelby, every loss: injuries

Get tf over yourselves! Whipping Reidsville’s ass is nothing new to Shelby.

As I posted earlier and deleted it, Shelby is the one opponent where “I just hope we score” takes on its literal meaning. The Rams offense does nothing when they face the Lions.

Prior to the Spring, your offense would always struggle against a big and athletic defense in NE. I knew it would be the same scenario vs Shelby. It always was.
They better get use to it because Reidsville isn't in the East now where they coast all the way to the ship playing all of their playoff games at home . It has to bother them knowing they have to play competition now to get there . Let's see how often they win rings now , so far in the West under these circumstances they are 0-1 , the same number as their new streak of wins

They better get use to it because Reidsville isn't in the East now where they coast all the way to the ship playing all of their playoff games at home . It has to bother them knowing they have to play competition now to get there . Let's see how often they win rings now , so far in the West under these circumstances they are 0-1 , the same number as their new streak of wins
You do realize Reidsville won just last season in the west with Shelby in the bracket. But hey, we coasted that time too. No competition

Ive enjoyed this year so much better by avoiding all this idiotic back and forth between both sides of Reidsville and Shelby. Some of you are delusional, and some are just plain dumb. Hard to tell who is who, at times.

Great, over achieving season by the Rams. You dont lose the quality and quantity of talent that they did from the spring and expect to be there at the end, but they gave it a admirable shot. They will surely be in the mix in 2022 and beyond.

Congratulations to Shelby. A 2A team with 4A depth is gonna be a tough out for any of the remaining teams.

Ive enjoyed this year so much better by avoiding all this idiotic back and forth between both sides of Reidsville and Shelby. Some of you are delusional, and some are just plain dumb. Hard to tell who is who, at times.

Great, over achieving season by the Rams. You dont lose the quality and quantity of talent that they did from the spring and expect to be there at the end, but they gave it a admirable shot. They will surely be in the mix in 2022 and beyond.

Congratulations to Shelby. A 2A team with 4A depth is gonna be a tough out for any of the remaining teams.

I think I like this reidsville team more than most rams posters. But Shelby has the perfect recipe for the rams. @Lion Attack had us scouted well just imagine what the coaching staff did.

To everyone else it is okay for reidsville to lose a game it happens. We lost to a better team and program. We beat Hendersonville and chase that shows we aren’t completely useless. We had a good run since 2016 with some really good teams. Rams will be much better the next two years, we aren’t losing that much. To match Shelby though, we will need to get better up front.

Line play was the key in this matchup. Lee for Reidsville was used to having all day to sit back and let those lightning fast receivers get open but he didn’t have time. Even the bubbles were swallowed up due to pressure . I was hoping we could get pressure on him cause I knew if those receivers got behind us they were gone ..

we got to see two of the states most successful programs go at it and it was a treat . A great crowd the kids were all fired up and gave us old farts a lot to talk about as we all have been wanting to see this matchup for a while .
Reidsville will be very strong again next year and we will on offensive side of the ball but we have some major defensive contributors to replace

2a has been a joy to watch this year lots of good teams we’ve gotten to watch so far … hope our run continues but any team this late is capable of winning ….
Should be two great ball games this Friday in 2a

Sometimes those who are delusional are also just plain dumb. They are not mutually exclusive traits.

Reactions: Frank Lost Password
Line play was the key in this matchup. Lee for Reidsville was used to having all day to sit back and let those lightning fast receivers get open but he didn’t have time. Even the bubbles were swallowed up due to pressure . I was hoping we could get pressure on him cause I knew if those receivers got behind us they were gone ..

we got to see two of the states most successful programs go at it and it was a treat . A great crowd the kids were all fired up and gave us old farts a lot to talk about as we all have been wanting to see this matchup for a while .
Reidsville will be very strong again next year and we will on offensive side of the ball but we have some major defensive contributors to replace

2a has been a joy to watch this year lots of good teams we’ve gotten to watch so far … hope our run continues but any team this late is capable of winning ….
Should be two great ball games this Friday in 2a
Exactly. We lose 3 really good defensive players up front. But the positives are the JV's went 9 and 1,the middle school won the championship and the 6th grade midget team won the county championship.

Exactly. We lose 3 really good defensive players up front. But the positives are the JV's went 9 and 1,the middle school won the championship and the 6th grade midget team won the county championship.
Santana and Malaki are all time greats. Demario Allen should be considered one, too, in my opinion. He’s a sleeper. He should be on the radar of some colleges, at least FCS schools. I hope he gets an opportunity.

Santana and Malaki are all time greats. Demario Allen should be considered one, too, in my opinion. He’s a sleeper. He should be on the radar of some colleges, at least FCS schools. I hope he gets an opportunity.

I’m not going to lie. I lost confidence after one of your post on Friday afternoon

• Wow
Reactions: Lion Attack
I’m not going to lie. I lost confidence after one of your post on Friday afternoon
Hate I missed you, bro. I should have given you more advanced noticed. I walked over to the Reidsville side to holla at Facts, and I even kept one eye opened for Stan’s smooth Gerald Levert swag having ass. I saw his son, Trell, in some coveralls. Dapped Rambbq up. Definitely hope to meet you some day.

Last edited:
LA, Mario got offer from Averitt college in Virginia.He went to visit few weeks back, coaches still working on somewhere else

Reactions: Lion Attack
LA, Mario got offer from Averitt college in Virginia.He went to visit few weeks back, coaches still working on somewhere else
Tell him to run from Averitt. That’s where I played. Then again it may be different now. That was 12 years ago. Probably whole new coaching staff now

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Sometimes those who are delusional are also just plain dumb. They are not mutually exclusive traits.
Why will you not answer us?
You are usually very talkative and opinionated.
Why not now?
Tell us about you and Reidsville’s relationship with Que Tucker, head of the NCHSAA.
Are you aware she calls you, “her team”?
Nothing suspicious there, huh?

Hate I missed you, bro. I should have given you more advanced noticed. I walked over to the Reidsville side to holla at Facts, and I even kept one eye opened for Stan’s smooth Gerald Levert swag having ass. I saw his son, Trell in some coveralls. Dapped Rambbq up. Definitely hope to meet you some day.

I was over by the band. I ended up staying the night at the Marriott in Shelby. I enjoyed the stadium. Hope we can make a return trip. I may check you guys out for states, if you win so just let me know.

I hope we get to play this next season. It’s due for a match up.
That’s why I’m loving this one division thing. I would absolutely love to see this matchup. I was so hoping these teams would have met. Like Reidsville, Burns had an outstanding sophomore quarterback, and their sophomore runningback is one of the best around. They have a speedy receiver, too.

Believe you me, Hendersonville was not 25 points better than Burns. I make it no secret. I don’t like playing mountain teams at their place. It seems you’re down 7 points getting off the bus.

Touchdowns get called back, and a lot of bogus holding calls made. If Shelby posters tell you they’re never concerned about playing in the mountains, they are lying. You play the teams and the refs, and the refs get influenced by the hostile fans, too, and that leads to some bs calls. You better blow those teams out, and not be in a tightly contested game with them.

Shelby vs East Surry will be interesting. Two teams that have never met. This is dope, no doubt. I expect Shelby to win big, though, but that is why you play the game. ES obviously has one heckuva coach. I know The Mule will be pulling for them hard, but he will be disappointed.😁

Last edited:
That’s why I’m loving this one division thing. I would absolutely love to see this matchup. I was so hoping these teams would have met. Like Reidsville, Burns had an outstanding sophomore quarterback, and their sophomore runningback is one of the best around. They have a speedy receiver, too.

Believe you me, Hendersonville was not 25 points better than Burns. I make it no secret. I don’t like playing mountain teams at their place. It seems you’re down 7 points getting off the bus.

Touchdowns get called back, and a lot of bogus holding calls made. If Shelby posters tell you they’re never concerned about playing in the mountains, they are lying. You play the teams and the refs, and the refs get influenced by the hostile fans, too, and that leads to some bs calls. You better blow those teams out, and be in a tightly contested game with them.

Shelby vs East Surry will be interesting. Two teams that have never met. This is dope, no doubt. I expect Shelby to win big, though, but that is why you play the game. ES obviously has one heckuva of a coach. I know The Mule will be pulling for them hard, but he will be disappointed.😁

I’m pulling for Shelby. I have nothing against east surry, I don’t want them coming from 1a and reaching states. I could see their coach getting a big 4a job if he wants it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT