ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville vs. Northwood in John Wall Championship

Can we just go ahead and give Reidsville the 2A crown? The state finals have already been played.

Super impressive showing from the Rams.

I've heard this somewhere: hard to beat the same team twice. Reidsville is in the West but I expect either Northwood or Farmville to win the East. And there are some really good teams in the West as well.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
I've heard this somewhere: hard to beat the same team twice. Reidsville is in the West but I expect either Northwood or Farmville to win the East. And there are some really good teams in the West as well.
This definitely brings another dynamic into play. Teams don't usually play their stiffest competition for a state title early on in the season. It'll be interesting to see what a potential rematch looks like now that they've seen each other.

I actually hate we had to play both of those teams so early. Glad we got to play cannon though. I was hoping to play Richmond county in the championship

Especially as good as the Coaches are on these teams. I think Reidsville has the talent to win it. It helps Reidsville confidence and all three teams will be improved by end of the year.

According to the updated RPI rankings (via Max Preps), three of the top four teams in the 2A West (and four of the top 14) are from the Mid-State Conference:
1. Reidsville 7-0
2. West Stokes 11-3

3. Lincolnton 10-1
4. Walkertown 9-2
5. Salisbury 11-3
6. Hendersonville 7-3
7. West Caldwell 9-2
8. Bandys 9-2
9. Surry Central 6-3
10. Patton 11-2
14. Morehead 6-4

The East looks like this:

1. Farmville Central 9-1
2. Goldsboro 9-2
3. South Granville 8-3
4. West Bladen 9-1
5. Wilson Beddingfield 9-1
6. Fairmont 9-1
7. Northwood 8-2
8. Washington 7-3
9. West Craven 6-2
10. Kinston 7-2

Here the link to the full rankings (you'll have to work a little to get it to show):

Last edited:
Walkertown at Reidsville and West Stokes at Morehead Friday in a couple of key early showdowns.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Walkertown at Reidsville and West Stokes at Morehead Friday in a couple of key early showdowns.
Walkertown doesn't have the height but they are scrappy. #4 is a good player. Both games should be good. Edmunds for West has had a 41 and 36 point game. Good all around player.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Max preps has rams at 60 in the nation

Mid stare 2a is a good conference in basketball
I was curious so I went to see the national rankings. My wife's high school is currently ranked 1 overall. I have seen her yearbooks. Back in the day they couldn't beat us at our current ages. It goes to say that the school and the Dioceses has put quite an investment into their basketball program since she graduated.

That canon win is a lot better than I initially thought. I wasn’t familiar with them until I did my research.

Reactions: FACT24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT