ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville vs. Northwood in John Wall Championship

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
Reidsville gets off to another fast start, leading 18-6 after first quarter

Couple of 2A schools making the most of opportunity against the 4As and privates

With less than 6 minutes left, Reidsville 51, Northwood 45

I now Powell is a highly rated recruit but he is not in the same class as Harrison. Neal was huge down the stretch with threes and free throws.

They came back each time Northwood would close the gap. They will get even better. Play a bit smarter. Powell has a sweet jumper but otherwise was just there. Harrison is a man, unreal. Neal thrives on pressure points.

I now Powell is a highly rated recruit but he is not in the same class as Harrison. Neal was huge down the stretch with threes and free throws.
You know he is ranked as the number 4 player in the country. It sounds like Reidsville did a great job on him. Inside Carolina said Neal was the difference

They came back each time Northwood would close the gap. They will get even better. Play a bit smarter. Powell has a sweet jumper but otherwise was just there. Harrison is a man, unreal. Neal thrives on pressure points.
Yeah, Powell has a very smooth stroke but settles for jumpers. Very passive player. I don't think he drove the lane a single time. Of course with Harrison lurking beneath the basket that was probably smart on Powell's part. When Harrison gets the ball he wants to dunk the ball and anyone guarding him through the hoop. He is on go 100% of the time.

You know he is ranked as the number 4 player in the country. It sounds like Reidsville did a great job on him. Inside Carolina said Neal was the difference
Neal is the straw that makes the pot spin. Basketball and football.

Interesting that Northwood had 6'6" Powell guarding Neal out front most of the second half. Did them no good at all.

Last edited:
In his post game remarks, the Canon coach talked about how Neal totally controlled the game and they simply could not do anything to contain him. Same thing tonight.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
When they had Powell guard him late in the 4th, Neal would drive toward the foul line, Powell stayed between Neal and the basket, Neal would change course back to the half court line and the ref would, arms out, signal unguarded and Powell could not begin to get 5 seconds on him. Neal looked like Phil Ford running the four corners. Only one time did Neal have to flip the ball to Sharpe and he quickly returned it to Neal. You knew Northwood was toast.

I’m a Die Hard Reidsvillle Ram!!!! 06!!!….All biased aside with Johnnyus Sharpe and Cam Jones transferring it LOCKED it up!!!! And fun fact since we “recruited” them. First off if we did I love it. But they all (Cam,D,Kendre,J9 ) been playing basketball and football together. Mostly basketball! When J9 got here they told his dad Cam was here and he went crazy!!!!!! Anyway Without crazy turnovers we beat them by 30!!! We beat them in the summer as well soon as they transferred!!!! Dionte and J9 just got theirselves some scholarships! J9 is putting up numbers but!!!! I don’t see nobody beating us!!! Needed these 3 games for our national resume! Greensboro Day cancellation hurt us! 11-0 run on the #70 team nationally to start it out!!! Did it!!! They came back off crazy turnovers and fast deep shots!!! but Dionte killed that every time!!! He’s been doing this on ESPN already!!! 15U CP3 game winner from the logo!!!! SC TOP 10!!! Kendre is legitimately the best Athlete in the World!! If he develops a handle to run the floor! A TRUE HANDLE hell be 6’7 SFs or Stretch 4s get the nod!!!! J9 at QB next year!!! Lord!!! He threw for 19 TDS on 2 picks and ran for like 700 and 9 more his Sophomore season at CUmmings! All Burlington guys better come on down!!! It’s a dynasty! Cam Jones Williams football friends all was talking to him at the states after the game! Stay tuned !!! We are a Top 5 NC Basketball team now! And beat 3 highly ranked teams!!!!! Cannon #1 4A NCISA #3 CHARLOTTE behind MP AND LAKE NORMAN!!! Reidsvillle would beat Lake Norman!!! MP is it for now!!! Moravian is good!!! Word of God,Christ School,Combine Academy FSCD….SMITH is GOOD!!! South Stokes is 11-0 with wins over Reagan MT. tabor East and West Forsyth!!!! MT Tabor has 3 Ls!! 2 to Lake Norman ! South Stokes would beat alot of teams!!! Reidsville Morehead, West Stokes (11-3) 2 losses to South Stokes…Walkertown 9-2 also a SS loss I think!!!! But our conference has 4 top 10 2A West!!! So yeah this is history in the making!!!! To beat us you gonna have to not miss!!! Bring it inside you want to!!! And Dionte TAKING Swartz Candy like that???? Man!!! Just out of this world!!! And the big 4 are underclassmen!! The SUPER SENSATIONS are SOPHOMORES!!! #RAMPRIDE hope we get another big tournament or at least some full in games with big time schools!!!!

I’m a Die Hard Reidsvillle Ram!!!! 06!!!….All biased aside with Johnnyus Sharpe and Cam Jones transferring it LOCKED it up!!!! And fun fact since we “recruited” them. First off if we did I love it. But they all (Cam,D,Kendre,J9 ) been playing basketball and football together. Mostly basketball! When J9 got here they told his dad Cam was here and he went crazy!!!!!! Anyway Without crazy turnovers we beat them by 30!!! We beat them in the summer as well soon as they transferred!!!! Dionte and J9 just got theirselves some scholarships! J9 is putting up numbers but!!!! I don’t see nobody beating us!!! Needed these 3 games for our national resume! Greensboro Day cancellation hurt us! 11-0 run on the #70 team nationally to start it out!!! Did it!!! They came back off crazy turnovers and fast deep shots!!! but Dionte killed that every time!!! He’s been doing this on ESPN already!!! 15U CP3 game winner from the logo!!!! SC TOP 10!!! Kendre is legitimately the best Athlete in the World!! If he develops a handle to run the floor! A TRUE HANDLE hell be 6’7 SFs or Stretch 4s get the nod!!!! J9 at QB next year!!! Lord!!! He threw for 19 TDS on 2 picks and ran for like 700 and 9 more his Sophomore season at CUmmings! All Burlington guys better come on down!!! It’s a dynasty! Cam Jones Williams football friends all was talking to him at the states after the game! Stay tuned !!! We are a Top 5 NC Basketball team now! And beat 3 highly ranked teams!!!!! Cannon #1 4A NCISA #3 CHARLOTTE behind MP AND LAKE NORMAN!!! Reidsvillle would beat Lake Norman!!! MP is it for now!!! Moravian is good!!! Word of God,Christ School,Combine Academy FSCD….SMITH is GOOD!!! South Stokes is 11-0 with wins over Reagan MT. tabor East and West Forsyth!!!! MT Tabor has 3 Ls!! 2 to Lake Norman ! South Stokes would beat alot of teams!!! Reidsville Morehead, West Stokes (11-3) 2 losses to South Stokes…Walkertown 9-2 also a SS loss I think!!!! But our conference has 4 top 10 2A West!!! So yeah this is history in the making!!!! To beat us you gonna have to not miss!!! Bring it inside you want to!!! And Dionte TAKING Swartz Candy like that???? Man!!! Just out of this world!!! And the big 4 are underclassmen!! The SUPER SENSATIONS are SOPHOMORES!!! #RAMPRIDE hope we get another big tournament or at least some full in games with big time schools!!!!

We still have dudley and Burlington Christian on the schedule both are marque games. I'd love to add one more since Greensboro day went running.

We still have dudley and Burlington Christian on the schedule both are marque games. I'd love to add one more since Greensboro day went running.
BCA is 9-1 but it's not a typical Dudley season with a 4-5 record so far.

BCA is 9-1 but it's not a typical Dudley season with a 4-5 record so far.

It will still be a decent test with a good atmosphere to boot. Rams don’t get to play the Dudley’s, pages and smiths that often.

Amazing collection of all-around athletes on the field/court for Reidsville High. This championship came just three weeks after the same players were key in the football state championship.

I love how you said if yal did recruit them you love it!! This is what so many people are missing and sound ignorant….you recruit them because you are a good school and probably have a good coach….this is a compliment to you and your school….go rams

B
Bring oak hill to Reidsville (if they are still good I honestly don’t know) morehead did I believe in 1994ish and sent oak hill back home with the loss….game is on YouTube

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
B

Bring oak hill to Reidsville (if they are still good I honestly don’t know) morehead did I believe in 1994ish and sent oak hill back home with the loss….game is on YouTube

I’m sure if rams are adding a game it will be some sort of mlk showcase. Which I’m sure after the John wall it could be a possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT