ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville V Shelby....here's the solution....

Mike_d_120

Aug 29, 2008
We're all unhappy that the Rams and Lions aren't slotted in the same classification this year. Plus there's plenty of trash talk, as usual from both sides about who would win if they did play, and by how much, etc....On a long drive this am, i had a thought... they should play anyhow. Why the hell not? Let's get that together. Week after the state title game, why not schedule a little "scrimmage" between the 2 teams? The gates would be HUGE.....and they could even grease the people complaining by giving a percentage of the gate to charity! I'm sure the kids would love to have this happen and I bet each of the coaches and fan bases would like to shut the other up as well....I'm sure there are some rules issues to making this happen... but technically the season would be over....it's just a friendly scrimmage ;)

We're all unhappy that the Rams and Lions aren't slotted in the same classification this year. Plus there's plenty of trash talk, as usual from both sides about who would win if they did play, and by how much, etc....On a long drive this am, i had a thought... they should play anyhow. Why the hell not? Let's get that together. Week after the state title game, why not schedule a little "scrimmage" between the 2 teams? The gates would be HUGE.....and they could even grease the people complaining by giving a percentage of the gate to charity! I'm sure the kids would love to have this happen and I bet each of the coaches and fan bases would like to shut the other up as well....I'm sure there are some rules issues to making this happen... but technically the season would be over....it's just a friendly scrimmage ;)
Unfortunately the NCHSAA does not allow such "scrimmages" after the season ends.

Reactions: BigBird12
One of the dumber ideas I've seen on here...

Better yet let's get all us message board clowns together and play!

I got dibs on being the punter !!!! Lol

Thanks
Since I don't have any affiliation with either team can I be John Gruden?

I kind of look like Chucky.

Been told I talk good...er well.

But in all seriousness... Reidsville vs Shelby may not happen again anytime soon.

Shelby is growing, Reidsville isn't. Barring the right combo of teams making/not making playoffs, Shelby will be 2AA and Reidsville 2A during the next 4 years cycle.

This guy.....hahaha...you know you pissed your pants when you saw your road didn't go through Shelby. Who are you fooling?

Ummmm... nope.

Dissapointed actually. No matter how invincible you think Shelby is this year, Rams vs Lions would have been a battle for both teams, and anyone that says otherwise doesn't know football and hasn't seen both teams play.

Why are we your measuring stick? Just worry about the game you are in. You don't always have to be peaking over your shoulder wondering what Shelby is doing.

I know this idea of one more game seems crazy and I agree that both teams have games that more than deserve each teams attention but is the idea that far fetched? What can the state do but fine both schools? I think the game would bring in enough cash to more than cover the fines!! Matter of fact I'm sure we could find a sponsor like a college bowl game that would cover all expenses and bring both teams to Panther stadium and let the game take place Jan 1!!!! I know I'm just thinking out loud but man what if?

I know this idea of one more game seems crazy and I agree that both teams have games that more than deserve each teams attention but is the idea that far fetched? What can the state do but fine both schools? I think the game would bring in enough cash to more than cover the fines!! Matter of fact I'm sure we could find a sponsor like a college bowl game that would cover all expenses and bring both teams to Panther stadium and let the game take place Jan 1!!!! I know I'm just thinking out loud but man what if?
Doesn't playing in an unsanctioned game affect athletic eligibility?

Listen Shelby is the 3x state champion going for their 4th they beat us twice on the way to 2 of them. So they are the king of 2A right now. Like it was said earlier Shelby is growing and it's because of their location they sit between Charlotte and Spartanburg SC perfect location for growth and talent. Reidsville isnt growing in fact our numbers are declining we will soon be 1A the way it's going, so the match up between Reidsville and Shelby probably won't never happen again unless it's scheduled during a non conference game, so there isn't even a need for a Reidsville/Shelby discussion. Total waste of a thread.

Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
Here in Reidsville another 150 jobs are going to be lost in 2017 according to the news. We will be lucky to stay in 2a. A non sanction game against shelby is the least of some of these kids worries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT