ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville 63, Morehead 0

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
Rams were up 30-0 in the first quarter and continued to play hard throughout. Some of the second-teamers also looked good tonight on defense.
Freshman Dionte Neal had 2-more interceptions, giving him a school-record 11. He also had a highlight-reel pass receiving TD where he dodged a gang of Morehead would-be tacklers with a series of quick moves.

Rams (9-1) head into the post-season looking good and on an 8-game winning streak.

Reactions: Rammer16
Rams were up 30-0 in the first quarter and continued to play hard throughout. Some of the second-teamers also looked good tonight on defense.
Freshman Dionte Neal had 2-more interceptions, giving him a school-record 11. He also had a highlight-reel pass receiving TD where he dodged a gang of Morehead would-be tacklers with a series of quick moves.

Rams (9-1) head into the post-season looking good and on an 8-game winning streak.
That was the worst morehead team I’ve ever seen. Looked like a JV team. They had way more kids than that at the beginning of the year

Projections from highschoolot.com has Reidsville as the No. 1 seed in the West bracket with Madison High (3-7) the first-round opponent. We'll see if that holds true.
That RPI ranking could change ... perhaps Burns will move up since they beat Shelby tonight.

Last edited:
That was the worst morehead team I’ve ever seen. Looked like a JV team. They had way more kids than that at the beginning of the year
Morehead won 4 games this season ... some key players have been out with injuries. They knew they had no chance against Reidsville and they played like it.

Projections from highschoolot.com has Reidsville as the No. 1 seed in the West bracket with Madison High (2-7) the first-round opponent. We'll see if that holds true.
That RPI ranking could change ... perhaps Burns will move up since they beat Shelby tonight.
I’m not sure but beating Shelby may seem huge and it is. But as far as strength of schedule Shelby hasn’t beat anyone this year. 4 decent teams and 4 losses. That could hurt burns but I’m not sure what metrics they use. The KM loss and rams loss vs page don’t seem to matter at this point.

Reidsville Scoring parade:
First quarter

Trey Poteat 47 run (Ivar DeJong kick)
Paul Widerman 13 fumble return (Lorenzo Mendoza pass from Dionte Neal)
Neal 44 pass from Al Lee (Queshyne Flippen pass from Neal)
Tamir Johnson 18 pass from Lee (DeJong kick)
Second quarter
Neal 50 pass from Lee (DeJong kick)
Jeremiah Redd 3 run (Logan Hammack kick)
Jariel Cobb 33 run (Hammack kick)
Third quarter
Redd 20 run (kick blocked)
Kai Jordan 7 pass from Landon Denny (kick blocked)

Note: 12 diferent players took part in the scoring

Last edited:
I wouldn’t kick XP going forward when playing tough opponents. We have way better chance just getting half of our 2 point conversion

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Neal is just getting better every game. He may be the best player we have even as a freshman. He should be nicknamed "curly" with those moves.

Neal is just getting better every game. He may be the best player we have even as a freshman. He should be nicknamed "curly" with those moves.

I think he is the best we've had a freshman. Jayron Rankin was really good as well. Neal is also a top 2 player on the team. Harrison is also a really good freshman

I think he is the best we've had a freshman. Jayron Rankin was really good as well. Neal is also a top 2 player on the team. Harrison is also a really good freshman
Opposing passers better not throw in his vicinity ... school record 11 interceptions in 10 games is amazing. Previous school single season record was 10 by Eric Poteat in 2013. The career record for picks at Reidsville is 16 by Rashad Slade (1994-96), Adrian Adams (2001-03).
The state record for single season interceptions is 17 held by Harold Johnson of Glen Alpine in 1967.

Opposing passers better not throw in his vicinity ... school record 11 interceptions in 10 games is amazing. Previous school single season record was 10 by Eric Poteat in 2013. The career record for picks at Reidsville is 16 by Rashad Slade (1994-96), Adrian Adams (2001-03).
The state record for single season interceptions is 17 held by Harold Johnson of Glen Alpine in 1967.
Not sure when Glen Alpine High School, located in Morganton, closed, probably in the 1960s.
The Green Wave had some good teams back in the day.

• Love

The playoffs will count towards the record too right?
Teams are also scared of flippen on the other side

Harrison could grow into a monster player for sure, size like his is rare. Both freshman have exceeded expectations imo.

Also doesn't Neal have about 4 Pic6? Got to be a State Record.

Tayon had only 147 yards rushing as a freshman but he followed with 1461, 1690 and 2173 for a career school record total of 5471. One other thing I remember about Tayon was that he rarely ever fumbled.

Tayon had only 147 yards rushing as a freshman but he followed with 1461, 1690 and 2173 for a career school record total of 5471. One other thing I remember about Tayon was that he rarely ever fumbled.
I only remember 1 fumble in 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT